• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Since, the movie is called The Dark Knight

IamtheBatman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Will someone in the movie give Batman his nickname The Dark Knight. Has everyone thought of this?

I'm guessing someone probably will.

You know what would be poetic? If Joker coined it. You know, because they're nemeses and all.

I'm guessing someone probably will.

You know what would be poetic? If Joker coined it. You know, because they're nemeses and all.
I can see that.

Like Batman finds the Joker, the Joker starts laughing, "Ahh! The Dark Knight! We meet again!" or somethin like that. That would be great for the trailer.

I recall Nolan saying that they chose the title "The Dark Knight" for a particular reason.

Or, you could have Gordon have him fly from a rooftop in the rain and as he flies away hmm The Dark Knight.

Or the Joker gets one up on Batman, and says "looks like a dark night, for the Dark Knight...hahaha, that one's a killer".

I assume we'll see it in a headline. 'Dark Night for Batman', but it gets twisted around somehow.

The casting sides with the Dent conversation pretty much explains the title and it's meaning.

:huh:
*shrugs shoulders in comical fashion*
My goldfish memory is failing me. Can't recall it at all.
hey! Look at that castle!

Oooooh, a castle.

The sides had Dent named Gannon, I think. And he's talking to this woman about how he sees Batman as a man defending his kingdom.

It wasn't one of my favourites personally but early draft and all that.

I always thought it would be cool if they never actually refer to him by the name "Batman" at all in the movie, since "Batman" is not in the title.

It would be this general understanding to the audience that it's a Batman movie starring Batman.... but how cool would it be if his name is NEVER mentioned??

I always thought of thugs referring to him as "The Bat"... or the "The Demon". Saying things like... "We gotta be careful tonight.. 'He whom we don't speak of' might show up.... They say when you're looking at the top of a building, and you see a gargoyle, don't be surprised if one of them jumps down after you... That's him."

If done like that... it's actually scarier if you don't say "Batman" at all. It makes him look more like an urban legend... a spook story.

I'd imagine "The Dark Knight" is a significant title because something BIG obviously happens on a dark night in the movie... perhaps Rachel being killed.... and Batman suddenly loses Batman-status and becomes "darker" than he ever could've imagined... and people start calling him "The Dark Knight." I'd argue that his goal to never kill people will suddenly be shattered, and he'll want to seriously kill Joker without any remorse. Gordon steps in and reminds him why killing him would be wrong, and Batman realizes that Joker belongs in Arkham.

2 cents.

I think it might be of interest to note that often times in the dark ages, knights would fall off their horses in battle and their armor would be too heavy so they would have to jetison it in order to get back up. This ties in with that whole thing about Batman maybe having to change suits because of the water thing mentioned long ago... It also rings nicely with the overall themes of the film: the dark knight falling off his horse=batman struggling to defend the "kingdom". I feel that this movie is going to be the Empire Strikes Back of the Batman films: unresolved ending, dark themes. I can't wait!

What might be cool is if they have DKR-esque' TV shows playing once in a while, with talking heads argueing over the point of Batman's existence and they call him that as an extra nickname.

What might be cool is if they have DKR-esque' TV shows playing once in a while, with talking heads argueing over the point of Batman's existence and they call him that as an extra nickname.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"