Sequels SM3 Prediction Thread

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
Come One, Come All, Time To Bank Your Imaginary Cash On Some Bets! Let's See If We Can Call Some Of The Major Plotpoints Of SM3 Ahead Of Time.

Personally I'm banking of Ned becoming a Goblin. Venom being teased and Daredevil. While I do think Tobey and Andrew will appear. I expect no more than a brief cameo, if at all a team up.

Spider-Men team-up and the Sinister Six being involved are the only things I believe right now.

So far there's only 3 things I can predict with enough certainty. I reckon we'll definitely get Tobey and Andrew, at this point the hype for it is too great they can't fail to deliver on that. Jameson funding Scorpion is pretty likely too imo, they teased his appearance at the end of Homecoming and now that we have JK Simmons I think that lines up pretty well. Now the last one...I think we have a decent chance of Ned becoming a Goblin of some kind. If you've seen the actor recently he's lost a ton of weight and also, Marvel have a pretty good track record of making heavy set guys go buff. I don't think Matt Murdock will show up, as much as I'd love him to.

my excitement for this is very low now. No matter how much Multiverse stuff is happening it’ll overshadow the development between the existing characters. Also I like how the MCU movies introduce fresh new characters - this won’t be the case, if they only bring back characters from the old movies.
It’s too much fan service for me right now

...I'm sorry, but I can't take Ned becoming Hobgoblin seriously. The character is too goofy, plus none of the previous movies gave even the slightest hint of foreshadowing.

Pretty sure Jacob Batalon losing weight isn't Spider-Man related.

Given the spider-man film history when it comes to the creation of the goblins, they probably wouldn't need a hint or foreshadow.

Spider-Gwen and/or Spider-girl
(Spider-girl possibly being Tobey's Spider-mans daughter with MJ, since it's been like 15 years since we seem them)
and maybe Stone back as Gwen

...Pretty sure Jacob Batalon losing weight isn't Spider-Man related.
it also isn't not "not" Spider-man related as he still will appear looking significantly different which may or may not need explanation other then just a simple "hey dude you lose a lot of weight"

Given the spider-man film history when it comes to the creation of the goblins, they probably wouldn't need a hint or foreshadow.
Yes, because Harry's metamorphosis into Green Goblin worked so well in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Totally not rushed and forced at all.

James Franco had at least two movies of build-up.

In Spider-Man 3, yes. But the build-up in the movies beforehand still worked and took its time.

JJJ funding Scorpion should have been the third movie. Maybe coupled with the Smythe spider-slayers rumour that was floating around a while back. Would have made a more natural stepping stone to the Sinister Six imo.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that previous pitches for mcu SM3 were just that until it became spider-verse 2.0.

My guess is the villain line up will be

51c7db3f2be58ced025373981df806384a9d71e0_00.gif

tenor.gif

FrequentAchingCock-max-1mb.gif

7rft.gif

2bccfec1415e8023aba62d6741a0aace.gif

giphy.gif

There's your six .

I actually have another prediction. Imagine if we got a Raimi-style opening credits sequence that is a medley of all the Spider-Man franchise themes? That'd be epic!

It would be sweet, but I don't see it happening.

This Samuel Kim mash-up track is the closest thing we currently have to that though:

As long as Morbius isn't a part of it, I'm good. :up:
One thing I appreciate is no one wants Morbius a part of this. Like I'd honestly rather them give Venom another go. Morbius should team up or fight Blade at some point though.

I see most votes are
-Sinister 6
-More Than 3 Spidey's
-And obviously the three spider team up.

S6 and Spidey Team Up are likely at this point. I'm sure Marvel see's the hype for the concepts and will either set them up or just straight up deliver.

As for the more than 3 spider people. Maybe. Possibly via cameos through however Tobey and Andrew are involved. But I'm not counting on more than 3 spider people being essential to the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"