Sniper Elite = Best. Game. Ever.

Reaction score
That's right.
It's time for me to make yet another awesome tribute thread because:
A) The old one got lost.
2) It's an awesome game that everyone should play NOW.

I LOVE SNIPER ELITE!

----

This is one of my favorite Xbox games, and of the few I'm actually going to keep
to play on my (eventual) Xbox 360.
The AI is great, the ragdoll physics are super fun, you can blow Nazis' heads off, and it requires a lot of patience and stealth.
It is also a much better stealth game than POS Splinter Cell.
This game will awesome!!!!

----

----
Story:
Spring 1945. The ravages of World War II are drawing to a close and the Russians and Germans are locked in furious conflict for war-torn Berlin. Reports abound that the Russian secret service (NKVD) are in Berlin to steal atomic bomb technology from the German Army. You control the fate of an American soldier, trained as a sniper by the OSS. Now, as a key member of an invisible, yet elite group, you are assigned to the most sensitive of missions. Disguised as a German and working alone, you must infiltrate hostile enemy environments and using your stealth and sniping skills, and stop Stalin's forces from controlling the world's nuclear technology. The future of the world's geopolitical fabric is riding on you.
Features:
- Realistic WWII sniper simulation -- Gain access to the precise sniping position by taking out key enemy obstacles - machine gun nests, guard posts, and sentries
- 28 sensitive and challenging missions - use stealth and skill to infiltrate hostile enemy territory
- Hone your sniping skills - use gravity, elevation, wind speed and direction, heart rate, breath, posture, background noise, and other conditions to successfully hit your mark
- 4 Modes of play - Single player, 2-player co-op, 2-player death match, and multiplayer network play
- In-depth non-linear levels and sophisticated enemy AI - freely explore war-torn Berlin and find your window of opportunity to line-up the perfect shot.
Trailers and videos:
Youtube version
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/2160/Sniper-Elite-Trailer/
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/491/491772/vids_1.html
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/2359/Sniper-Elite-Tanks/

Pictures:
1116017412.jpg

1116017413.jpg

1116017414.jpg

sniper-elite-20050623074232696.jpg

sniper-elite-20050609095939179.jpg

sniper-elite-20050609095942460.jpg

sniper-elite-20050607103148175.jpg

----
Top Ten Sniping Mechanics
Mercy is for the weak. Screens and videos explain the tactics of a perfect sniper.
by David Clayman
October 11, 2005 - Becoming the ultimate sniper requires more than a rifle and some ammo. There are many tactics that help keep the best snipers out of site and on top of hazards such as tanks, trip wires, and grenades. These advanced maneuvers are the focal point of Sniper Elite from Namco. To celebrate the release of the game on the 18th of this month we are presenting the top 10 sniping mechanics along with movies and screens to detail each example.

The ground is your friend
As an elite OSS agent, staying hidden from the enemy is important to your survival. When your cover is blown, it is time to become closely associated with your next best option- the ground.
Lying on the ground will allow you to avert the ever watchful eyes of patrolling units, snipers on rooftops, and, thankfully, enemy tanks. These "problems" will have a difficult time spotting you when you hit the ground like a snake. Also, in addition to great cover, getting close to Mother Earth will also help steady your aim, ensuring your "problem" will no longer be as such. Keep this tactic in mind, it's vital.
Grenades can go "boom" before the pin is pulled.
If you're lucky, and you'll need a lot of it to survive this mission, you might find a group of German soldiers having a little gathering. Hold on, it is within your best interest to study the situation a little closer. With Lady Luck on your side, a German soldier may have a little grenade dangling from his belt. Aim for that grenade and you might be able to ensure those Germans will not be a bother with the use of only one bullet. Yes, such a shot is very difficult and it could lead to your doom but the payoff is well worth it.
Bullet vs. Tank - Bullet wins.
Few have seen this happen, but if the rumors are true, such a tactic might just save your life. Soviet tanks may be metal monsters with a very large barrel, but it does have a weakness like Achilles. Due to the demands of war production, some models mounted external fuel drums. While these were heavily armored, the gas caps were not. A well placed shot should cause a spark triggering an explosion sufficient to kill the vehicle. Just like shooting wamprats back home.
Mercy is for the weak, do you have a problem with that Mr. Robinson?
Sometimes, eliminating your enemy is not the most efficient method to achieve your objective. For example, if you are forced to engage multiple targets at once, it's sometimes a good idea to disable an enemy with a leg or arm hit and then move on to another. A wounded enemy may be more interested in saving his own life than in attacking you or other targets. Keep this in mind if you are tasked with defending an ally, or retreating from a superior force. It is often advisable to wound an enemy, and leave him alive to call out for help from the ground. You can use the wounded soldier as bait, to draw out more enemies. Soldiers will try to run to the aide of their wounded comrades. Exploit their sympathy. This can be a very useful tactic for any OSS agent.
Search, search, and search some more
You will not have the luxury of being regularly re-supplied by support personnel. As such, you may need to re-supply in the field by using the enemy's weapons against him. Whenever possible, search fallen soldiers and their immediate area for ammunition and weapons. Carry bodies to safe locations before doing detailed searches. Not only is it unseemly to rifle through a corpse's pockets in the middle of the street, it also makes you an easy target.

Trip wire grenades for cover.
Protect the approaches and exits to your position. As the enemy closes in, be ready for him by trapping the most likely avenues of approach with Trip Wire Grenades. These grenades use a grenade like explosive attached to a stake. Place the stake in the ground, and run the wire across the path you want to trap. Not only do these handy devices discourage unwanted interlopers, but the noise generated creates a handy early warning system in case the other guy brought friends. Be careful not to trap yourself inside an explosive perimeter or they'll be sending a letter to your family back home. Trip wire mines can be detonated from a distance with a well placed shot. Use this to your advantage…
Always break camp.
Some of you heroes may think "camping" is a good idea. Unless you have protected all approaches to your position with trip grenades, camping is a bad idea. Every shot you fire without moving gives your enemy the chance to locate, surround and kill you. Some locations are easier to defend than others, and sometimes your mission objective will require you to hold a position until it is completed. But, relocate, and relocate often. If the enemy surrounds you, it's over.

Against the wind, I'm shooting against the wind.
Wind is disabled at the lower difficulty levels. But you must compensate for it, if you ever want to earn the right to join the Sniper Elite. At the top of your scope you will see a rectangular indicator with the white vertical line and a number. When the line is to the left of center, the wind is blowing from the right to the left. The indicator number will tell you how many notches you must aim in the opposite direction to adjust for the wind. Be aware that the wind direction and speed will change dynamically. Check your aim often.
The more you see, the safer you are.
Be aware of your field of view. While your scope is excellent at targeting foes, it narrows your field of view. If you can't see peripherally, you can't defend against an enemy who is closing from your flank. Switch to Binoculars often and keep them zoomed out when zoom isn't needed. You can use binoculars to survey wide areas quickly, and then switch to your scope to make a kill.
Head shot. Head shot. Head shot.
Head shots quickly put any enemy down. It's a difficult shot, but well worth it.
---
Award article:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9963/Rebellion-Thanks-the-Industry-for-Support-on-Sniper-Elite/

No, im not a *****. I play games with the Wii in which you recreate the BME pain olympics.

블라스;16056960 said:
Still my favorite WW2 game.

It's an awesome WWII game. Hell, it's a great game regardless of time period. :up:

I really wish a sequel would be made for this game. I loved it and I'm glad to know someone else out there appreciates it. :up:

Ya know...it's still pricy over at gamestop. Especially for a used Xbox game.

It's an awesome WWII game. Hell, it's a great game regardless of time period. :up:

I really wish a sequel would be made for this game. I loved it and I'm glad to know someone else out there appreciates it. :up:

Oh yeah, you better believe it :up:
Probably on my Xbox top games ever, along KOTOR, Jade Empire and Ninja Gaiden.

I would agree but you called Splinter Cell a POS, so yeah this game sucks ass.

Speaking ill of Sam Fisher is a very very bad thing.

You never know when Sam is around the corner. Or above you.

Yeah, maybe I was a bit harsh...but SC, IMO, is not that impressive.
Chaos Theory was pretty fun though. I should get that again.
But yeah, this game is better.

Anyone play the current remake, V2? Never heard of this game but downloaded the demo off PSN and it was surprisingly ver good. Was that Nolan North voicing the main character?

Anyone play the current remake, V2? Never heard of this game but downloaded the demo off PSN and it was surprisingly ver good. Was that Nolan North voicing the main character?

Yea iv got it. I don't believe that's North(he is in spec ops: the line tho).

Overall it's pretty damn fun. A bit repetitive and there's sections that force you to go John Rambo, but other than that it's a pretty cool game.

Sniper V2 is fun as hell, I agree with ya Pat, some missions are a little repetitive. Some of those enemies have no remorse for you once you're spotted. This game and Max Payne 3 have some pretty brutal kills, can't pit one against the other in that area, lighting a guy up full of bullets in Max Payne 3 is fun and literally shooting a dudes balls off in Sniper is just.....wow.

I've only played the demo so far, but it was great fun. I always try and get in as much sniping as possible in other games, so I'm dead keen on this.

Yea iv got it. I don't believe that's North(he is in spec ops: the line tho).

Overall it's pretty damn fun. A bit repetitive and there's sections that force you to go John Rambo, but other than that it's a pretty cool game.
LOL...stupid me. The demo I played WAS for Spec Ops, not Sniper Elite and I knew it sounded like North

LOL...stupid me. The demo I played WAS for Spec Ops, not Sniper Elite and I knew it sounded like North

Haha nice. Yea i thought the demo for that was pretty neat too. Nolan North FTW.

The graphics really aren't all that bad for an Xbox game.

However, the very first screenshot makes me feel like I didn't miss much.

"Shoot the belly of the tank for bonus score!"

I'm playin through this and it bums me out how much Gammy would've loved it. Two-for-one bullet cam kills are so awesome.

I just started the demo and the first shot I took decimated the dudes balls.

I might have to get this game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"