So I have a friend who wants to join the Air Force...

When your friend goes and dies and you make a thread about it, I'll laugh. :dry:

Thank you for disregarding everything I've said in the entire thread and drawn your own ill-concieved conclusion.

It's not that he's doesn't want to do it 'my way' that made me angry. It's that there's no such thing as 'his way' and he needs to realize that.

Elitist?:whatever: 'The Few. The Proud.':o Comes with the territory, buddy.
Uh...no...it doesn't. Last time I checked fighting wars doesn't give you the right to act like a pompous ass****, or to dictate to others what they should and have to think. Being a Marine is great, but it's no better than being a doctor, lawyer, or janitor (or student), all of whom contribute something to this society. And being a Marine doesn't give you a necessary edge against people, despite what a drill sargent may tell you. So how 'bout you take the stick out corporal and let your friend make his own decisions for his own reasons. It's not your business, you aren't the boss the him, and having a big gun and the title "Marine" doesn't make you so.

My grandpa was a marine... and he doesnt act like a dik. and is the nicest person i've ever met. He'd consider Jack Rabbit a discrace. People who have true honor, don't brag about it.

If it wouldn’t be too much trouble would one of the mods have this relabeled this “three pages of Jack Rabbit acting like an elitist ass”?

If he wants to be a pog let him be a pog, whatever helps him sleep at night. Im not a marine, but Im in the US Army Infantry. One thing Ive learned is some of those "safe jobs" are actually the most dangerous jobs to have, cause they dont get as much training and firepower as we do.

(edit: for non-military types, POG - personnel other than grunt, pronounced "pogue")

LOL, the pogues were awesome in the early 90's.....shouldn't you be knee deep in came spiders by now FF?

Uh...no...it doesn't. Last time I checked fighting wars doesn't give you the right to act like a pompous ass****, or to dictate to others what they should and have to think. Being a Marine is great, but it's no better than being a doctor, lawyer, or janitor (or student), all of whom contribute something to this society. And being a Marine doesn't give you a necessary edge against people, despite what a drill sargent may tell you. So how 'bout you take the stick out corporal and let your friend make his own decisions for his own reasons. It's not your business, you aren't the boss the him, and having a big gun and the title "Marine" doesn't make you so.

Again, completely disregarding everything I've said. You're missing the point entirely and focusing on me giving him **** for the Air Force.

The entire reason I was mad at him was because he was seeking something he wasn't going to get, regardless of what branch. He wanted to join the military for the wrong reasons. I wanted him to know that he wasn't going to get what he wanted.

If he wants to be a pog let him be a pog, whatever helps him sleep at night. Im not a marine, but Im in the US Army Infantry. One thing Ive learned is some of those "safe jobs" are actually the most dangerous jobs to have, cause they dont get as much training and firepower as we do.

(edit: for non-military types, POG - personnel other than grunt, pronounced "pogue")

EXACTLY. He won't find what he's looking for, regardless of the branch.

I do agree that it is kind-of dumb to expect to find a "safe job" in the military.

I also agree, though, that Jack Rabbit is acting a bit like an elitest ass-hole. :o

i don't think it's a "safe job" persay... but its a way to be in the military with a "safer" job... while still doing a great honor and serving your country. If im not mistaken, everyone goes through boot camp... and if ya can make it through boot camp, thats enough respect in my book

i don't think it's a "safe job" persay... but its a way to be in the military with a "safer" job... while still doing a great honor and serving your country. If im not mistaken, everyone goes through boot camp... and if ya can make it through boot camp, thats enough respect in my book

At the risk of sounding like an 'elitist'...each boot camp is very different. Some much more difficult than others.

And it's not a 'safer job' it's a 'safe job'. That's exactly what he said. He wants 'something safe'.

At the risk of sounding like an 'elitist'...each boot camp is very different. Some much more difficult than others.

What are the differences? Is it between different forms of military (Army, Navy, etc)?

What are the differences? Is it between different forms of military (Army, Navy, etc)?
yeah, it's between the differnet types of military. Some make you run more or just plain learn different things. I believe Marines have to swim a certain amount whereas Army doesn't. It's things like that that are different for each BCT. Basic Training can also vary in difficulty simply by where you take it. Some places are known to be easier than others.

Yes.

Marine Corps recruits train at MCRD Parris Island, S.C., and MCRD San Diego, CA.

I think the Navy is up in Great Lakes.

The Army has alot of different training camps; Fort Jackson, etc.

The Air Force is in San Antonio(?), TX. I know they're in Texas, anyway.

The Coast Guard has their own, where ever it is.

Each boot camp is different. They vary in length and intensity, and in different training methods.

army mp's do basic at fort knox i think

most pogs do basic at ft. jackson

infantry does basic at ft benning.

And it's not a 'safer job' it's a 'safe job'. That's exactly what he said. He wants 'something safe'.

he wants something where he's not going to be litterally on the front-line... and the risk of him getting killed in action is low... what the hell is wrong with that? he's still serving our country and doing something for the government. it's safer then being on the frontline, but still more at risk then a civilian job

Yes.

Marine Corps recruits train at MCRD Parris Island, S.C., and MCRD San Diego, CA.

I think the Navy is up in Great Lakes.

The Army has alot of different training camps; Fort Jackson, etc.

The Air Force is in San Antonio(?), TX. I know they're in Texas, anyway.

The Coast Guard has their own, where ever it is.

Each boot camp is different. They vary in length and intensity, and in different training methods.

i could care less if there different... there still going through more then i'd ever want to. So they garner my respect.

army mp's do basic at fort knox i think

most pogs do basic at ft. jackson

infantry does basic at ft benning.
well it depends on thier AIT training really. My basic is going to be at Ft. Leonard-Wood but AIT is at Huachuca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"