So who wants to do me a favor.

Ice-man

Sidekick
Reaction score
anyone smart want to skim threw this, and revise it, spelling, grammar, and proper punctuation?

its due today, and my techer wants me t make two copys one normal one with no revision and one revised, problem is today is our last session, and she wont be able to revise it and give it back for me to reprint and hand in, i need some help like asap.

also for any of you english or ela lovers add some **** in here that could garantee me like a b

According to the critic Joeseph Conrad, "The belieff in a supernatural source of evil is not nessassary;

men alone are quite capable of every wickedness". In Lord of the Flies by William Golding, this is found to be evident.

In this book, it shows that there is no supernatural forces on the island. Also, there is no evil beast or anything

close to it. There is only evil in the minds of some of the boys who were isolated on the island. After the boys

realised there are no adults on the island with them to tell them what to do, Some felt no need to act like

civilized humans, Jack as leader turned to savegry to have some fun as well as some of the boys who follwed.

However, all this fun lead them to do evil things. They saw it as oppurtunity to get away with what ever they

wanted to do, because there are no adults there to repremand them.

I agree with Joseph Conrad, man could have just as much evil as any supernatural being, although it would

seem in reality there are no supernatural beings or supernatural sources, only evil in the minds and hearts of

man. The auther of the book used alot of literary elemants to symbolize and foreshadow the evil that existed on

the island and in the minds of the boys, and a few examples could be read as followed.

William Golding used alot of literary techniques such as metaphores, foreshadowing, and symbolism threwout

the course of the book, he used it as a way for the readers to figure out what was going on, without directly

telling them, He used it as somewhat of a way to intise the readers to keep reading.

A good literary elemant that golden uses, is the technique of foreshadowing, a good example would be

the killing of the mother pig in chapeter 8.

When Jack and his followers killed the mother pig it shows there great lack of foresight, as by killing the mother

pig they were also losing all the other piglets who would've been a future source of food. The events with

Simon are also some of the most important in the book. Simon's conversation with the head of the mother pig

is basically the theme of the novel, and is partly his imagination, and partly some kind of "message" from the

unknown as it would seem, but its really his mind playing tricks on him. The Lord of the Flies basically

confirms to Simon that the Beast really is "inside" everyone, but says that everyone would rather have fun than

worry about anything else. The threat of being killed foreshadows the end of Simon's own life. Another example would be The imaginary beast that scares all the boys.

The kids are afraid of the beast, but only Simon reaches the realization that they fear of the beast exists within each of the kids.

Another example of goleden's techniques is symbolism he seems to use alot of it thruout the book, a good

example would be the symbolism of the fire that the boys start, there is also a bit of foreshadowing with it as

well, the boys started the fire to attract adults to it so they can be rescued, and the fire seems to devide

some of the boys apart later on in the book. Ralph wants the boys to be more organized and take shifts with keeping the fire going,

but some of the other boys just want to be lazy, play and hunt with Jack. Also Jack seems to be the source of some of the evil in the boys.

And yet another example of symbolism would be the war paint. It symbolized the rejection of society.

In a way, when they put on the war paint, they hid themselves of their true selves just to act and play, but it turnes

out to be so much more it revealed their inner selves which was savage. They didnt have rules; they didnt have

adults to keep them in line; they had boyish playful and brutal instict.

In conclusion , According to the critic Joeseph Conrad, "The belied in a supernatural saurce of evil is not nessassary;

men alone are quite capable of every wickedness"; found to be evidant in Lord of the flies by golding.

So judging by the above literary elements, and quotes, it would seem that Joseph is correct in his statmeant that evil exists

within some people, and not just a supernatural force. In this book, Jack would be the source of the evil things the boys did, they killed alot of inocent animals

and they eventually killed Piggy and Simon. This also shows how Golding used the characters to represent "the belif that men are quite capable

of every wickedness" (Joesph Conrad)

Skylar Hamilton is quoted saying "Golding himself has said the cause is nothing more than the inherent evil of

man; no matter how well-intentioned he is, and no matter how reasonable a government he erects, man will

never be able to permanently contain the beast within" ("What makes things break up like they do?" Alternative

Explanations For the Societal Breakdown, William Golding's Lord of the Flies © Copyright 1999, Skylar

Hamilton Burris)

Bernard F. ***** also agrees that the "societal breakdown is caused by the suppression of the Dionysian", or

"brute" side of man. Dick agrees with Golding that "evil is indigenous to the species"

(Dick, Bernard F. William Golding: Revised Edition. Boston: Twayne Publishers, 1987.)

Dude, you are officially the laziest, most unproductive member of society ever.

Dude, you are officially the laziest, most unproductive member of society ever.

or the most illeterate, not lazy, i cant do it, if i could i wouldnt ask for the help. i need this. i suck at grammar and punctuation.

il sacrafice my soul for who can ever get this done for me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You are a riot, young man.

HomeworkHype!..that's our new name, it just has yet to be announced.

I just went through that and cleaned it up. This took about 5 minutes, but you have another think coming if you think I'm going to give it to you. What I will say though, is that 'alot' is not a word.

How old are you?

how many times do i have to say this, im 16 :woot:

but can anyone help me out, how come you all can fix my posts but you can fix my final.

i need to pass, they pulled me out of classes and sent me on home bound (dont feel like explaining why)

anyway my tutor hasnt tought me **** i actually failed a test because of her, she was trying to be nice and gave me some answers, and they were wrong, i would have gotten them right if i had kept the answer i wrote down!!!

'alot' is not a word.

owl1.jpg

I just went through that and cleaned it up. This took about 5 minutes, but you have another thing coming if you think I'm going to give it to you. What I will say though, is that 'alot' is not a word.

fixed..

see i did u a favor now do one for me. :oldrazz:

I'm not going to do it for you but I can give you a quick pointer.

You're doing a book review not a synopsis. You have to be consistent with the tenses. Sometimes you're talking about the book like it's in the present tense and then other in future.
As a general rule of thumb, reviews should be in the past tense, because what you are giving is an analysis of what you had already read not what you are about to.

Also in this day and age, there is no excuse for poor spelling. Spell checker is your friend. Words to look out for:

element, golden, savagery and reprimand

;) good luck!

THANK YOU ICE!

I now have the motivation to go upstairs, study my arse off for an exam i have tomorrow afternoon...!

Just looking at that....I....have a renewed sense of passion for the educational system.

But seriously, dude...report this teacher if she's being 'difficult' and not helping you. Isn't that her JOB???

I'm not going to do it for you but I can give you a quick pointer.

You're doing a book review not a synopsis. You have to be consistent with the tenses. Sometimes you're talking about the book like it's in the present tense and then other in future.
As a general rule of thumb, reviews should be in the past tense, because what you are giving is an analysis of what you had already read not what you are about to.

Also in this day and age, there is no excuse for poor spelling. Spell checker is your friend. Words to look out for:

element, golden, savagery and reprimand

;) good luck!

its kind of like a review but its more of a literary critisism.

and thanks :]

THANK YOU ICE!

I now have the motivation to go upstairs, study my arse off for an exam i have tomorrow afternoon...!

Just looking at that....I....have a renewed sense of passion for the educational system.

But seriously, dude...report this teacher if she's being 'difficult' and not helping you. Isn't that her JOB???

yea but id feel bad, shes like 50-60 starting to get senial, shes losing her mind, she talks to my dog too :dry:

like full out conversations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"