So I wanna Start Reading "The Authority"

Hellstormer

Side-Kick
Reaction score
I wanna start getting into the Authority but I wasn't sure where to start, I know there are Authority trades but I'm not sure which ones to get first can anyone help?

Buy the first two volumes. Volume one is written by Warren Ellis and drawn by David Finch, and volume two is written by Mark Millar and drawn by Frank Quietly. The proceeding volumes weren't that great.

The Question said:
Buy the first two volumes. Volume one is written by Warren Ellis and drawn by David Finch, and volume two is written by Mark Millar and drawn by Frank Quietly. The proceeding volumes weren't that great.
Which comes first Authority Revolution or Authority Relentless?

The first one is Authority:Relentless, then Under New Management, Then Earth Inferno and Other stories, Followed by Transfer of Power. Theres a bunch of stuff after Miller's run, but it isn't really neccesary to read and it was kinda meh. But after that comes Revolution. Which is a must read. Starting in the Fall Authority will get a new number 1 written by Grant Morrison, along with a slew of other Wildstorms books. The perfect jumping on point for the entire universe with Creators like Morrison, Ennis, Jim Lee, and Gail Simone helming the books.

Also, I would recommend Jenny Sparks: The secret History of the Authority. Gives you an behind the scenes look at how the team came together and they're relationship with their late great leader.

Anubis said:
Starting in the Fall Authority will get a new number 1 written by Grant Morrison, .
Yea that's why I wanted to start reading the old stuff.:up:

Anubis said:
The first one is Authority:Relentless, then Under New Management, Then Earth Inferno and Other stories, Followed by Transfer of Power. Theres a bunch of stuff after Miller's run, but it isn't really neccesary to read and it was kinda meh. But after that comes Revolution. Which is a must read. Starting in the Fall Authority will get a new number 1 written by Grant Morrison, along with a slew of other Wildstorms books. The perfect jumping on point for the entire universe with Creators like Morrison, Ennis, Jim Lee, and Gail Simone helming the books.

Also, I would recommend Jenny Sparks: The secret History of the Authority. Gives you an behind the scenes look at how the team came together and they're relationship with their late great leader.

I have no idea who wrote revolutions, but its considerably better than your average Avengers,X-men,JLA story arc. I'd even goes as far to say that its better than some of Miller's later work. :)

The Question said:

It was darwn bt Bryan Hitch not David Finch.

wait a second morrison is going to be writing the authority??????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry that was my wallet crying.

GOOD. Morrison works BEST when writing large scale destruction and over-the-top heroes.

GOD, the Authority is GOOD.

I like the authority. It's a pretty good series. Sometimes I wish the art was just a little less ugly, and I find the Doctor to be a lame character, but that's me. Also, I generally don't care much for Millar, except for in Aztec, so it was cool to see him deliver here. Millar wrote all that business with Kev, right?

You know something? I was nine when that series first came out. And I only knew about it back then because Wizard would not stop talking about it.

yahman said:
I have no idea who wrote revolutions, but its considerably better than your average Avengers,X-men,JLA story arc. I'd even goes as far to say that its better than some of Miller's later work. :)

Ed brubaker wrote it. You know, the guy kicking ass over on Captain America and Dardevil? That guy. You should also check out his series called Sleeper. Now that was one hell of a series. It's about a government agent sent in to infiltrate a supervillian's organization, but his boss, the only man who knows he's actually a double agent, gets shot in the head. So now he's stuck on the inside of this criminal organization, the government after him, superheros, and the villians he work for are starting to get suspicious. Not only that, but he's faced with a question, how much dirt do you have to do before you stop being a good guy, and start becoming a bad guy. Very good book.

Anubis said:
Ed brubaker wrote it. You know, the guy kicking ass over on Captain America and Dardevil? That guy. You should also check out his series called Sleeper. Now that was one hell of a series. It's about a government agent sent in to infiltrate a supervillian's organization, but his boss, the only man who knows he's actually a double agent, gets shot in the head. So now he's stuck on the inside of this criminal organization, the government after him, superheros, and the villians he work for are starting to get suspicious. Not only that, but he's faced with a question, how much dirt do you have to do before you stop being a good guy, and start becoming a bad guy. Very good book.

.... Im looking forward to his uncanny run, although Deadly genesis was nothing special. :)

Doc Destruction said:
GOOD. Morrison works BEST when writing large scale destruction and over-the-top heroes.
Morrison is God:o

I got the first Revolution book.
I've never read the F-word so many times in my life.

rigel7soldiers said:
I like the authority. It's a pretty good series. Sometimes I wish the art was just a little less ugly, and I find the Doctor to be a lame character, but that's me. Also, I generally don't care much for Millar, except for in Aztec, so it was cool to see him deliver here. Millar wrote all that business with Kev, right?

You know something? I was nine when that series first came out. And I only knew about it back then because Wizard would not stop talking about it.

kev was garth ennis.

Actually they have a new doctor now too :)

I can't wait to see what Ennis does with Midnighter.

And I like the new Doctor. Kind of a dick, but at least he's not a whiney drug addict like the previous one.

Anubis said:
I can't wait to see what Ennis does with Midnighter.

And I like the new Doctor. Kind of a dick, but at least he's not a whiney drug addict like the previous one.
they are dead.
Captain Atom and Void restarted the universe in Armageddon.

Not dead, just different. In the same way Superman or Batman weren't dead after the Crisis. That's basically what Armageddon was. A Crisis for the Wildstorm Universe. A lot of old characters are coming back. Freakin Deathblow is coming back. Maybe the old Doctor will come back too. I hope not. Then again, he was okay. Losers with infinate power are always fun to watch.

LOL.
I didn't mean that they were dead for forever, just for now.

Wait there's a new Doctor, what happened to the old one?

He got killed, and transfered his power to a replacement.

yeah, just stick to the first four volumes, the ones by Ellis and Millar

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"