Green Lantern trades?

The Flash!

Civilian
Reaction score
Who can hook me up with some decent GL trades? I'm really getting into the character (all of them who have held the ring) and would like to read a good story that would well, be worth reading. Anyone care to help?

Also, are there any good Hawkman trades that I could pick up?
icon6.gif

The Flash! said:
Who can hook me up with some decent GL trades? I'm really getting into the character (all of them who have held the ring) and would like to read a good story that would well, be worth reading. Anyone care to help?

Also, are there any good Hawkman trades that I could pick up?
icon6.gif

Rebirth is a good GL story. And it includes ALL the GL from Earth.

Emerald Dawn, Emerald Dawn II, Mosaic, Will World (very trippy, you should have some shrooms before reading.) The Road Back, Emerald Twilight/New Dawn, Circle of Fire, Power of Ion, Brothers Keeper, Rebirth, and the GL corps Recharge trade which will be coming out soon.

Hawkman I would suggest, JSA the return of Hawkman: Endless Flight, Alies and Enemies, Wings of Fury, JSA Black Reign, and Hawkworld

Anubis said:
Emerald Dawn, Emerald Dawn II, Mosaic, Will World (very trippy, you should have some shrooms before reading.) The Road Back, Emerald Twilight/New Dawn, Circle of Fire, Power of Ion, Brothers Keeper, Rebirth, and the GL corps Recharge trade which will be coming out soon.

Hawkman I would suggest, JSA the return of Hawkman: Endless Flight, Alies and Enemies, Wings of Fury, JSA Black Reign, and Hawkworld

What he said. :)

Anubis said:

Perfect, I'm going to write them down and ask if they're available at my local comic shop. I'm really looking forward to reading them when I get the chance, Hawkman: Endless Flight sounds like it'll be a good read. :) :up:

Thanks for the help everybody.

do you know where a can buy a power ring

I would suggest Joe Kelly's masterpeice The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan, because it is amazing.

I agree with yenaled as well. "Last Will" was a pretty good read. Sienkiewicz art on that book was fantastic.

They're from the 70s, so you may find it a bit dated if you're use to modern comics, but easily the most IMPORTANT GL stories of all time were the Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. Definitely look into those

Can someone who read Emerald Dawn I & II tell me what they enjoyed about them? I found them to be mediocre at best, yet I always see people sing their praises. I feel like I'm missing something here.

I do like them but a lot of Green Lantern fans don't like the chages they made to Hal Jordan, they kind of messed with Hal Jordan's origin in a weird attempt to make him more human - which now seems to be retconned in new Earth post-IC (at least the prison and drink-driving stuff in II).

But they are good stories that focus in on Hal Jordan the person rather than the superhero, oddly, they are best read after knowing the character rather than a strict intoduction to Hal Jordan.

At least for me anyway; I never really got Hal Jordan till I read Joe Kelly's 'Last Will and Testament' and then Darwin Cooke's 'The New Frontier'. After reading them I went back to read Emerald Dawn I and II and they were a lot more enjoyable (although I think JLA: Year One is a much better portrayal of young Hal) - Emerald Dawn II definatly being stronger I just enjoy the Sinestro relationship and his corruption, the introduction of Guy Gardner and the Fists of the Guardians and the action is just fun really. I just think II is bogged down by being set in a jail rather out of an airfield. You can show Hal as a flawed person without it making it that obvious to put him in jail.

If you want a good idea of Hal in relation to other heroes, you need to read JLA: Year One and Green Lantern & Flash (or Flash & Green Lantern, not sure): Brave and the Bold.

pifpaf said:
do you know where a can buy a power ring

eBay There's tons of unofficial GL rings on there. Occasionally you'll see one of the old DC Direct rings too. I've got a couple and I loves 'em like they're my own chillens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"