so since theres gonna be a Hawkeye film.....

Guy Pearce?
020117,0.jpg

guypearce029iu.jpg

deemar325 said:
I can see that, but it'll have to be a action/adventure romp ala 'Raiders of the lost Ark' with humor.

My favorite to play Hawkeye is Matthew McCaunhey.

Mc-Whatever-hey has comlpletely burned out the film credibility he earned from playing Wooderson long ago, despite any and all fanboy love for his manley posturing in that dragon movie. He often phones in large parts of his performances, and if he bothers reading any scripts he's far worse at that.

Not that my suggestion has some prolific career or any role as great as more than one MM has had. I just think he'd be more likely to take it seriously and not just another paycheck. Plus I don't think a sort of de-facto A-lister like MM would take a risky lesser-known/offbeat-superhero role like Hawkeye.

No one likes Guy Pearce? Bummer, guess I'll have to go get a new day job.

I like Guy Pearce well enough, I just have no strong feelings towards who should play Hawkeye. As long as it's not someone crappy then whatever, it's fine by me.

The Phantom said:

when has he ever shown any interest in taking roles as playful and non-arthouse as Hawkeye would be? Even when he's in films that are his most mainstream and commercial, he still plays the uber serious archetype.

Guy Pearce has gone on record saying he'd only do a comic film if its directed by Chris Nolan*, so most people have mentally checked him out of casting threads.

That said, even if Guy were up for it, I don't think he'd fit Hawkeye. He'd be a dynamite Iron Man though, without question.

*Just so people don't think I'm pulling that out of my you know where:

Movie Poop Shoot said:
Josh Horowitz: You starred in Christopher Nolan’s acclaimed film, MEMENTO. Now word is he may direct a BATMAN film. Have you two talked about you possibly trying on that character. Would that hold any interest for you?
Guy Pearce: I don’t think so. (laughs)

Josh Horowitz: Not in your nature to do a superhero movie?
Guy Pearce: Not at this stage in my life. If I was ever going to do it, Chris Nolan would be the person I would do it with. But no we haven’t had any of those discussions.

full interview here:http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/interviews/22.html

The Phantom said:

Not as Hawkeye, but I wouldn't mind seeing Guy Pearce playing Vision in an Avengers movie. :up:

Philly Phanboy said:
Not as Hawkeye, but I wouldn't mind seeing Guy Pearce playing Vision in an Avengers movie. :up:

I like Pearce quite a bit. I don't see him as Hawkeye though. And I've never thought of him as Vision (although it seems like an alright choice). I see him more as Moon Knight.

BT18 said:
olsen1ty.jpg

Grew up in: Waverly, Iowa / Bettendorf, Iowa
Base of operations: Los Angeles, California / Los Angeles, California
Height: 6 ft. 3 in. / 6 ft. 2 in.
Eyes: Blue / Blue
Hair: Blond / Blond

This has got to be the best choice Ive seen so far for Hawkeye. :up:

Batman_ said:
This has got to be the best choice Ive seen so far for Hawkeye. :up:

Thanks. He's even probably got an interest in superhero stuff because he was one of the commentators on that "Heroes, Vixens, and Villains" show on Bravo.

BT18 said:
Thanks. He's even probably got an interest in superhero stuff because he was one of the commentators on that "Heroes, Vixens, and Villains" show on Bravo.

Hes also got that bad boy look that Hawkeye carries around,great casting. :)

I would suggest doing "The Prairie," since Daniel Day-Lewis is now old enough for the part... whoops, wrong Hawkeye! ;)

Im not to familiar with his villians,let alone who should play them.

marvelman418 said:
who would you guys have as the villain?

Beetlejuice, the man with a head to small to aim at.

beettalk8sx.gif

BT18 said:

Plus he can do comedy and drama, he was in Not Another Teen Movie but I know I saw him in an episode of 24. I don't know if they'd let that guy be the star of a movie though unless you count Dumb and Dumberer which was already sort of famous thanks to the first movie and which would probably cost a lot less than this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"