So, we finally have a picture of Batwoman...

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I dunno.......what I think is that IF there were ever a good chance for DC Comics to rectify her disabilty.....the aftermath of IC is the best chance to do it.

Wow.....sorry I missed the wedding.
Do you read BOP? Maybe there'll be a plot in somewhere in there to explain everything. IF she is indeed the new Batwoman.

I'm his Unholy Goddess, not his wife.

DBella said:
Do you read BOP? Maybe there'll be a plot in somewhere in there to explain everything. IF she is indeed the new Batwoman.

I've been reading BoP. There's nothing. Right now there's a plot involving the Crime Doctor and Black Canary continuing to try to be Shiva volume 2. :o Babs hardly appears in the arc so far.

CConn said:
I've been reading BoP. There's nothing. Right now there's a plot involving the Crime Doctor and Black Canary continuing to try to be Shiva volume 2. :o Babs hardly appears in the arc so far.
So it's totally not Babs then? :confused:

Btw, there's only one Lady Shiva and the only one worthy to "try to be" her is CC. :o

DBella said:
So it's totally not Babs then? :confused:
But it looks so much like her! :(
DBella said:
Btw, there's only one Lady Shiva and the only one worthy to "try to be" her is CC. :o
Speaking of which, we just learned in the newest issue of Robin that Cassandra's killed Nyssa (Ra's daughter), and has taken over the League of Shadows. She acted like a total idiot. :o

CConn said:
But it looks so much like her! :(
Speaking of which, we just learned in the newest issue of Robin that Cassandra's killed Nyssa (Ra's daughter), and has taken over the League of Shadows. She acted like a total idiot. :o
She does look like Babs. Babs on Steroids. :(

No kidding?! :eek:
I'll so not read it. It will make me not like her anymore. :(
Define "total idiot". :o

I could not picture Babs being this mystery Batwoman. Even though artists draw females differently they normally go for the same general look for certain characters.

DBella said:
She does look like Babs. Babs on Steroids. :(

No kidding?! :eek:
I'll so not read it. It will make me not like her anymore. :(
Define "total idiot". :o
In short, she's become your average stupid evil *****. :o:(

CConn said:
In short, she's become your average stupid evil *****. :o:(
Damn! :(
She's worse than Nyssa? Why the heck did it have to happen? Who's the darn writer??

trustyside-kick said:
I could not picture Babs being this mystery Batwoman. Even though artists draw females differently they normally go for the same general look for certain characters.
Except Babs' general look as been a frumpy chick in a wheel chair. If she did become cured or whatever, they would undoubtably have to abandon that frumpy look.

DBella said:
Damn! :(
She's worse than Nyssa?
Not as lesbian-y. :o
DBella said:
Why the heck did it have to happen? Who's the darn writer??
Adam Beechen. He's new to the title - having only written DC kids comics before then. It's really a shame, I was really loving his writing up until Cassie showed up. :(

CConn said:
Not as lesbian-y. :o
Adam Beechen. He's new to the title - having only written DC kids comics before then. It's really a shame, I was really loving his writing up until Cassie showed up. :(
CC isn't a lesbian, is she? I mean, I don't see her swinging that way from the Batgirl comics.

I think he should go back to writing DC kids comics.

No, I was talking about Nyssa. She really seemed to give off a vibe towards Talia in Death and Maidens. Which quite disturbed me since Talia is her sister. :o

It could've been the editors as well, I dunno.

CConn said:
Except Babs' general look as been a frumpy chick in a wheel chair. If she did become cured or whatever, they would undoubtably have to abandon that frumpy look.

I meant the look for her when she was Batgirl.

CConn said:
No, I was talking about Nyssa. She really seemed to give off a vibe towards Talia in Death and Maidens. Which quite disturbed me since Talia is her sister. :o

It could've been the editors as well, I dunno.
But you said, "Not as lesbian-y". I thought that meant she somewhat is. :confused:

Nyssa has the hots for her sister... but you can't really blame her, Talia is hawt. :o

trustyside-kick said:
I meant the look for her when she was Batgirl.
Do you mean her costume choice or her physicality?

DBella said:
But you said, "Not as lesbian-y". I thought that meant she somewhat is. :confused:
I said, Cassandra was not as lesbian-y as Nyssa.

Yeah, she's a regular there, right? I guess if there was a storyline for her in would have to be there.

Ouch.....okay......it's just.....Unholy Goddess sounds so.....official. It sounds like a priest had to be involoved.....or something....hmmm....although, unholy would mean he probably got sacrificed......hmm......

I dunno.....it's tough to compare women from different artists.....unless there's something concrete....like glasses or.....non-working legs.....ya know? So.....I think the only thing that might have looked the same was the red hair....then again, the red hair fits with the red in the suit.....

CConn said:
I said, Cassandra was not as lesbian-y as Nyssa.

Exactly, that would imply that while Cassandra is a little bit lesbian-y, she's less lesbian-y than Nyssa. I think that's what DBella is getting at.

But Nyssa was only a little bit lesbian-y. So less than a little, is nothing.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Okay, six months ago I started a Poll about "Who will be the new Batwoman?" That was in the early days of Infinite Crisis, long before we had even caught a glimpse of her (or what I presume to be her) at the very end of IC #7. Now that we've actually seen her - briefly - I'm thinking it's about time to do Round 2 of that Poll and see how people's opinions have changed after all this time. I suspect a fair number of us will want to change our votes now that we've seen IC come and go, along with the first few months of OYL and the first couple of issues of 52. :)

But before I do that, I would appreciate some feedback on any changes that need to be made to the ballot. Here are the choices from the first version: 11 characters mentioned by name, followed by 4 other options for people who didn't like any of the 11 candidates.

01. Barbara Gordon (currently Oracle, formerly Batgirl I)
02. Bette Kane (currently Flamebird, Pre-Crisis she had formerly been the Earth-1 Bat-Girl)
03. Cassandra Cain (currently Batgirl III)
04. Helena Bertinelli (currently Huntress, formerly Batgirl II)
05. Helena Wayne (the Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Huntress, daughter of the Golden Age Batman and Catwoman)
06. Kathy Kane (currently a dead civilian, formerly the Pre-Crisis Earth-1 Batwoman)
07. Renee Montoya
08. Sandra Woosan (currently Lady Shiva)
09. Sasha Bordeaux (currently an OMAC)
10. Selina Kyle (currently Catwoman)
11. Stephanie Brown (formerly Spoiler, formerly Robin IV, currently dead)
12. Someone newly created for the occasion
13. Someone very obscure coming back onstage after a long absence
14. Someone who started out in an animated story such as 'Mask of the Phantasm' or 'Mystery of the Batwoman' and is now being dragged into the mainstream DCU
15. Nobody! False Alarm! There won't be a new Batwoman next year!

If you can think of anyone else who deserves to be taken seriously as a candidate, please say so!

Hmmmmm......it's the whole IC thing that makes this impossible to figure out. It could be anyone really, since things have been taken out and other have been added to continuity. I mean....maybe it's Alfred under there for all we know.

Hmmm....okay...maybe not....

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Yeah, she's a regular there, right? I guess if there was a storyline for her in would have to be there.
Yes, she is. I don't read it though. I mean, I've read a few issues but don't really follow it.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Ouch.....okay......it's just.....Unholy Goddess sounds so.....official. It sounds like a priest had to be involoved.....or something....hmmm....although, unholy would mean he probably got sacrificed......hmm......
No... nothing like that. I am just his... uhhh... corruptor. Although he's already pretty much corrupted before I even got into the picture. :confused:

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I dunno.....it's tough to compare women from different artists.....unless there's something concrete....like glasses or.....non-working legs.....ya know? So.....I think the only thing that might have looked the same was the red hair....then again, the red hair fits with the red in the suit.....
Any other red-heads in DC Comics in the Batman realm? I like the costume though. As CConn once told me, it's kinda like Batman Beyond's. :up:

I dunno, that pic could be a red hairing.
(everybody groan)

DBella said:
Any other red-heads in DC Comics in the Batman realm? I like the costume though. As CConn once told me, it's kinda like Batman Beyond's. :up:

Yea, I like the suit too. It does remind me of the Batman Beyond one somewhat. A lot of people seem to complain about her cowl...but if anything I think that is one of the best parts about it because it is not like the other Bat characters' Cowls.

Besides the cowl, maybe (I would not care if they didn't but) they should redesign her gloves and boots so she looks even more different. Besides the cowl and emblem the rest appears to resemble Barbara's old suit design-wise. Maybe they could give her the boots McGuinness put on the Batwoman in Batman/Superman issue 24.

SupermanBatmanCv24.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"