So What is Dan Yelling at?

How i picture it:

Ozymandias propose to Dr. Manhattan, Silk Spectre, Nite Owl and Rorschach to keep everything as a secret. Everyone agree, except Rorschach, who leaves. Ozymandias goes back to his laboratory and Dr. Manhattan disappears. Dan and Laurie start to talk about their relationship. She wants to make love, but he leaves, saying he must find Rorschach. From the bottom of the tunnel, he sees Jon and Rorschach talking and the snow around Jon slowly burning. He runs, trying to prevent it, but it's too late. Rorschach screams ''DO IT!'' and Jon vaporizes him. Dan fall to his knees screaming. Jon looks at him and smiles, leaving. Dan is in shock. He goes back inside and just bangs Silk spectre. Doctor Manhattan later passes thew them to talk with Ozymandias, and everything transpires as the graphic novel from here

I'd be more than fine if this is how it plays out.

How i picture it:

Ozymandias propose to Dr. Manhattan, Silk Spectre, Nite Owl and Rorschach to keep everything as a secret. Everyone agree, except Rorschach, who leaves. Ozymandias goes back to his laboratory and Dr. Manhattan disappears. Dan and Laurie start to talk about their relationship. She wants to make love, but he leaves, saying he must find Rorschach. From the bottom of the tunnel, he sees Jon and Rorschach talking and the snow around Jon slowly burning. He runs, trying to prevent it, but it's too late. Rorschach screams ''DO IT!'' and Jon vaporizes him. Dan fall to his knees screaming. Jon looks at him and smiles, leaving. Dan is in shock. He goes back inside and just bangs Silk spectre. Doctor Manhattan later passes thew them to talk with Ozymandias, and everything transpires as the graphic novel from here

that doesnt make sense....

"well my friend was just got vaporized by my other friend....guess ill just go"bang my girl

like i said before, it would be much better if they stuck to the book and had no one see or find out about his death, its much better that way.

that doesnt make sense....

"well my friend was just got vaporized by my other friend....guess ill just go"bang my girl
Agree absolutely. I say they forget about Nite Owl banging Spectre altogether at the end. In the book that was my only complaint. Felt kind of random IMO.

Agree absolutely. I say they forget about Nite Owl banging Spectre altogether at the end. In the book that was my only complaint. Felt kind of random IMO.

it was their way of dealing with the whole situation....it overwhelmed them so they retreated to each other

He's yelling because he just found out about the fox lawsuit

I just logged in here for the first time in two years, because that joke was funny as ****. Props.

That scene is Dan seeing Rorschach being blown up. I just read David Hayter's 2003 draft, and the scene is in the script, verbatim, histronic reaction, falling on his knees in the snow, etc etc.

(watchmencomicmovie.com says that parts of Hayter's draft are in the 2007 script)

I think its were he finds out Galactus is a cloud, Batman and Robin really did happen, and FOX is a COCK BLOCKING WATCHMEN!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to a friend about this, I just assumed that it was his reaction to the whole "I did it 35 minutes ago" bit. It is possible that all they changes is having him franticly running outside before being overcome with the idea of having "failed".

I really hope it isn't his reaction to seeing Rorschach killed, because I'm going to cry enough about that scene as is. I'm not afraid to say it. And I don't need Dan in there screaming and making it so much worse.

I think it's him seeing Rorschach die but I prefer Jon being the only one who knows what happened to him.

i guess im down for that...seemed random to me to although i knew why they did it...it doesnt seem like itd fit for a movie

Its definitely him watching Rorshachs death, which im kinda glad they put it in. I feel like to gain some kind of character likability there gonna have to show Dan and Rorshachs relationship more then just they did in the graphic novel. And to see his "friend" die like that seems very suspenseful and emotional. Im excited to see this addition in the movie.

Yeah, I can them making it his reaction to the death because I'm sure the viewing audience will become as attached to Rorschach as the reading audience has, and they probably didn't want the death to seem brushed off.

I think it's just a trailer shot i.e. it was filmed to give it a different vibe.

I think it might be him trying Captain Metropolis' vigorous work out routine and still being thirty pounds overweight is why he's yelling. That or it was made for the trailer, or he doesn't have insurance for Archie with Geico?:o:csad:

Yeah, I can them making it his reaction to the death because I'm sure the viewing audience will become as attached to Rorschach as the reading audience has, and they probably didn't want the death to seem brushed off.

I agree that was really my only complaint of the novel is how his death was handled. I suppose there was some grander scheme to it that I am missing...oh well that's life.

I like how protocida interprets it and hope that it takes place similar to that. Seems like a very good addition to the story.

I think it's just a trailer shot i.e. it was filmed to give it a different vibe.
Doubt it since it's in Hayter's script. And I think if they added the scene it would be an excellent end to the...interesting....Nite Owl/Rorschach relationship. It'll fit excellently in the movie.

Stupid addition.

Rorschach is not supposed to be a likable character. I mean, at all. He is Alan Moore's parody of an Objectivist. I like him for what he could have been, rather than Moore's actual depiction of him, or for what the movie might water him down to be.

Scene in book was powerful. I actually flipped back and forth a few times the first time I read it. "So that's it, Rorschach's dead." Understood it, but thought it could have been done better. R could have played along with the plan since Dr M's psychic thing was on the fritz. The movie should have made that change, had M come back later to kill R after he got his future sense back. Moore made R dumb in the end, which kind of annoyed me a little. But that is how Moore sees Objectivists.

Laurie initiated sex in book. Stupid character, never liked her. Looks like movie made her a little more kick-ass, which is fine. Dan is a guy - woman wants to have sex with you, you do it, circumstances don't matter.

Stupid addition.

Rorschach is not supposed to be a likable character. I mean, at all. He is Alan Moore's parody of an Objectivist. I like him for what he could have been, rather than Moore's actual depiction of him, or for what the movie might water him down to be.

Scene in book was powerful. I actually flipped back and forth a few times the first time I read it. "So that's it, Rorschach's dead." Understood it, but thought it could have been done better. R could have played along with the plan since Dr M's psychic thing was on the fritz. The movie should have made that change, had M come back later to kill R after he got his future sense back. Moore made R dumb in the end, which kind of annoyed me a little. But that is how Moore sees Objectivists.

Laurie initiated sex in book. Stupid character, never liked her. Looks like movie made her a little more kick-ass, which is fine. Dan is a guy - woman wants to have sex with you, you do it, circumstances don't matter.[/quote]

QFT. Also maybe being surrounded by death makes Dan crave life, and sex is life:woot:.

altered rorschach death scene

a short scene made for trailers

it can pretty much only be one or the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"