Some artistic devices that annoy me.

I'm not saying that the jacket & jeans have to hang off of him. I'm saying we shouldn't see detailed muscles, w/sinews & veins & other physical attributes that he doesn't have.
Ghost-Rider.gif

And quite frankly, he doesn't need them. A fiery skull is intimidating enough. You can put that on top of Paris Hilton's physique & it'll be scary.

You mean she doesn't have that already? :huh:

When did Iron Man have pouches?
yeah i was thinking the same thing.
i mean if you are talking about those repeller pods he use to have on the sides of his old amour. Those things were $#@*%# cool! i loved those. I dont remember Iron Man having more than those but i havent read Iron Man in a while so i dont know.

The closest things to pouches I can remember on any of his armors were those raised pads on his modular armor, but they weren't pouches and they served a logical function: they were the things that kept the modular add-ons to the armor in place.

10. Overuse of shading. Sometimes it's just carried too far, & you get a really shoddy image.
There are artists that use gratuitous shading well such as Frank Miller in Sin City and most Mignola pieces.

There are artists that use gratuitous shading well such as Frank Miller in Sin City and most Mignola pieces.

THey're not even the worst offenders. I've seen shadows on things that are supposed to be glowing-e.g., the hands of someone about to fire a massive energy blast. The purpose of shading is supposed to be to add realism, not detract from it.

It is a mask, but comic books aren't the epitome of realism. It's a minor detail, and one that serves the purpose of allowing us to know the expression behind the mask.

Like I said, it's my opinion. But too many people go too far with it.
11. Batman with his cape and ears taking up the entire page. Ears too long=how does he hold up his head. Cape all over the place=he's gonna trip over the damn thing.

12. Spider-Man w/next to no muscles. (I'm talking to YOU, Quesada.) He's not a teenager anymore. Stop drawing him like he is.

I'm not saying that the jacket & jeans have to hang off of him. I'm saying we shouldn't see detailed muscles, w/sinews & veins & other physical attributes that he doesn't have.
Ghost-Rider.gif

And quite frankly, he doesn't need them. A fiery skull is intimidating enough. You can put that on top of Paris Hilton's physique & it'll be scary.

Scarier, quite frankly.

Like I said, it's my opinion. But too many people go too far with it.
11. Batman with his cape and ears taking up the entire page. Ears too long=how does he hold up his head. Cape all over the place=he's gonna trip over the damn thing.
McFarlane is the worst with capes. His capes are just everywhere.

Superman & Batman looking like a slightly shorter version of the Hulk. They should look fit, but that's just overkill.

But in all fairness, it was the late 90's. Who didn't have pouches?

Hulk01Hulk.jpg

HULK DONT NEED STUPID POUCHES! HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS WITHOUT POUCHES!

:cwink:

This isn't strictly on the artists, but they have to take responsibility for their part, as they design them.
Gratuitous costume changes just for the sake of shaking things up. You know that's what it is when 6-12 months later they're back in their original duds.

Muscle bound roid freaks. Just about every guy in comics looks like they are on roids including guys nicknamed "Slim"

People come in all different body types. The same applies to the women all looking like playboy models.

Especially if they're one costume rip away from being Playboy models.
But yeah, superheroes can look athletic-even imposing without having biceps bigger than George Lopez's head.

What sort of bugs is when a character goes through constant alterations and changes because sales are down.

Again, not strictly the artists' fault, but they have to take their part of the blame.

i hate when wolverines claws are longer than his forearm

Now, mind you, this is just my opinion. If you come to defend these, don't feel the need to attack me.
1. Two-Face looking mutated rather than scarred. Too often his left side is drawn all green or just warped-but not looking at all like he's been burned.
2. Spider-Man's lenses expanding & contracting. I understand that the intention is to show emotion, but a lot of artists go too far with it, to where he looks like Deadpool. His mask can't do that!
3. Wolverine's claws looking either paper-thin or like knitting needles. There's supposed to be a bone in there!
4. Hulk with a tiny waist. He didn't earn the muscles. They just grew.
5. Ghost Rider looking muscular. He has no flesh. I have seen panels where he had detailed, defined muscles. Why?
6. Wonder Woman-or any female character with exposed cleavage and/or shoulders-looking like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. Be somewhat practical, huh?
7. Overuse of blue highlights on black costumes. I don't think I can overemphasize how wrong this is.

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"