• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Somewhere in Africa, a child died but Jesus gave Mary J. Blige a Grammy

Don't blame God for the evil in this world. Look in the mirror and in your own heart. Their is plenty of evil found within the hearts of mankind ... God doesn't need to contribute.

yeah, cause god isnt supposed to have created man or anything, so it cant be his fault with this logic...oh wait...

For someone "chilling out"....you seem rather tense.
Heh heh. You're right. Maybe I should have said "stirring up trouble". Pop music and stupid people piss me off. The Grammys are a smorgishborg of both.

Thanks for the new way to fool the boards! Praise JE$US!

He's being sent a warning about by-passing the censors....do not imulate him.

BTW, how do you get the euro sign?

I push and hold down ALT and then push 5.

Don't blame God for the evil in this world. Look in the mirror and in your own heart. Their is plenty of evil found within the hearts of mankind ... God doesn't need to contribute.

In the long run that doesn't make any sense. Your logic is flawed!

No one's blaming God. :confused:

I did. Kinda.

Maybe the starving child didnt pray enough.:wow: :o :csad:

Or maybe he prayed for to much?

For food, an end to the war in his country, for god to take care of his parents, for rain so the crops will grow ect ect

LOL..nah its not funny acually. :(

Or maybe he prayed for to much?

For food, an end to the war in his country, for god to take care of his parents, for rain so the crops will grow ect ect

LOL..nah its not funny acually. :(

It really isn't, oh well.:csad:

Thats the whole point! We believe that if Jesus would give anything, he would give that starving child some food instead of the singer an award. So the singer thanking Jesus doesnt make any sense.

OMG OMG OMG

get it???????????

Yes>?????????????????????????

raly???????????

Oh realy?????????????

:ninja:

thanking jesus makes plenty of sense. do you donate to charities? feed the children? do you go on trips to africa to help the starving? i swear some people think jesus is just going tos how to your door step and gives you things. god does his work thru people, thats how we learn compassion towards others. for those of you who keep complaining about starving children do you honestly do your part to help those starving children? do you go out to the homeless shelter and donate your time to cooking meals?

again jesus does his work through us its too bad people go the shallow route and blame crap on god for letting **** happened. he's not our baby sitter. his teaching are right there in the bible, its upto you guys to listen and try to chnage to be a better person.

My wife's watching the Grammys while I chill out here. And as always on those inane awards shows, some insipid performer has to thank Jesus for giving them a stupid statuette. And somewhere a child starves to death. It is so ridiculous to think that any deity be it Jesus, God, Allah or Vishnu would 1) give a f;;ck about a stupid award, 2) allow evil to persist but bless entertainers for doing something as unimportant in the grand scheme of things as carry a tune.

I hate everyone.

Then adopt a kid in Africa or donate some money:huh: If you get so worked up over these things, change someone's life instead of b****ing about it on an internet forum.

I believe in God and I believe we shaped the world we live in today. It is our fault this world is so f***ing messed up. I also hate people that blame things on God, Jesus, Allah, etc... as you said. But I do totally agree with you here. I think it is stupid for people to ask God to help them win this ballgame as if he cares. It's great to ask for everyone to be safe, but to ask for his devine help in making a touchdown is dumb.

yeah, cause god isnt supposed to have created man or anything, so it cant be his fault with this logic...oh wait...

If you want to wade into that arguement ... God created man and told him not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge because then he would know about Good and Evil.

Adam/Eve ate of said apple from said tree ... we now continue to pay the consequences.

Or ...

We were evolved from muck/random DNA.

In either event God did not create the Evil we come up with. WE do well enough on our own.

I wish that Mary J. Blige would starve and that an emaciated African boy would be given a Grammy. That would be so cute to see his semi-nude fly covered body in front of all of those tuxedos and gowns giving his acceptance speech. He thanks Jesus and sells it for a double cheeseburger.

thanking jesus makes plenty of sense. do you donate to charities? feed the children? do you go on trips to africa to help the starving? i swear some people think jesus is just going tos how to your door step and gives you things. god does his work thru people, thats how we learn compassion towards others. for those of you who keep complaining about starving children do you honestly do your part to help those starving children? do you go out to the homeless shelter and donate your time to cooking meals?

again jesus does his work through us its too bad people go the shallow route and blame crap on god for letting **** happened. he's not our baby sitter. his teaching are right there in the bible, its upto you guys to listen and try to chnage to be a better person.

according to the bible we should own slaves, women are property and really nothing more than brood-mares, and we should burn heretics...yeah...better people...

Then adopt a kid in Africa or donate some money:huh: If you get so worked up over these things, change someone's life instead of b****ing about it on an internet forum.

I believe in God and I believe we shaped the world we live in today. It is our fault this world is so f***ing messed up. I also hate people that blame things on God, Jesus, Allah, etc... as you said. But I do totally agree with you here. I think it is stupid for people to ask God to help them win this ballgame as if he cares. It's great to ask for everyone to be safe, but to ask for his devine help in making a touchdown is dumb.
Point of the thread in a round about way.

according to the bible we should own slaves, women are property and really nothing more than brood-mares, and we should burn heretics...yeah...better people...

That was the Old Testament smart @ss.

Ok..this isn't a cop out of any kind mind you.

But uhh did I mention I don't..kinda..like..I don't believe in Jesus?
Just going with the logic of people who Do believe in Jesus.

Get it?

To me, I don't really care who thanks Jesus and for what reasons. It goes in one ear and comes out the other. But it is funny hearing them singers thank the mighty lord for giving them all the attention and money and fame.

Whats even funnier is that we give people millions of dollars for making an album. Because they have TALENT!!!!!!!

In the long run that doesn't make any sense. Your logic is flawed!

I don't think it is. God does not need to "create" evil when mankind can do so on his own.

We have free will and choice ... we can complain or we can try to make change.

We can choose to be light and salt ... or not.

We can choose to spend time with those who need help ... or we can post on boards and complain that God doesn't do enough ...

While we sit and post about him, hot chicks, Lesbian subtext and why Christian's are all homophobes, haters etc. ... while doing exactly nothing to make change.

And as for the Child in Africa ... This is one follower of Christ who has adopted a child in Africa to prevent that death today.

he also gave man choice and responibility.

ok lets go over this then...most of the things the bible says are wrong are both fun and/or simple human nature, and he puts it in our hearts the ability to do all of these things...then he gives us the ability to choose to do them, and says that he'll punish us if he does...sounds alot like someone saying that an apple is really awesome, then telling you not to taste it...wait a second...

I don't think it is. God does not need to "create" evil when mankind can do so on his own.

We have free will and choice ... we can complain or we can try to make change.

We can choose to be light and salt ... or not.

We can choose to spend time with those who need help ... or we can post on boards and complain that God doesn't do enough ...

While we sit and post about him, hot chicks, Lesbian subtext and why Christian's are all homophobes, haters etc. ... while doing exactly nothing to make change.

And as for the Child in Africa ... This is one follower of Christ who has adopted a child in Africa to prevent that death today.

Perfectly said.

agreed. but still i see nothing wrong with thanking god for getting to the point where your happy and successful. and not being some washed up crack head.

Joker ... I would like to introduce you to the Jesus of the Bible. New Testament. Asked what the greatest commandment was ... "Love thy neighbour as yourself." I missed the above mentioned comments from him.

ok lets go over this then...most of the things the bible says are wrong are both fun and/or simple human nature, and he puts it in our hearts the ability to do all of these things...then he gives us the ability to choose to do them, and says that he'll punish us if he does...sounds alot like someone saying that an apple is really awesome, then telling you not to taste it...wait a second...

I didn't know murder and having sex with other women while your married is fun and or simple human nature:huh:

That was the Old Testament smart @ss.

still the word of god...in fact, the unabriged word of god, when you think about it...and I bet alot of that stuff is still in the post-jesus bible as well

I didn't know murder and having sex with other women while your married is fun and or simple human nature:huh:

having sex with as many of the opposite sex as possible is human nature, it's called the desire to spread the seed as much as possible to further the human race...murder not so much, although we do murder every other species...

still the word of god...in fact, the unabriged word of god, when you think about it...and I bet alot of that stuff is still in the post-jesus bible as well
If you know nothing about the new covenant between man and God through his son Jesus Christ then you need not argue because there is no point in it. It is called the New Testament for a reason because the ways of the old were washed away with a sacrifice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"