"Sonic Boom" NEW Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon series!

Well looks like i won't waste my time with watching this unless it gets another season since it looks like CN wants it to die.

That's all the more reason you SHOULD watch it. Your viewership will help keep it on the air. Your remote is your voice.

I'm actually going to stop watching Cartoon Network programming EXCEPT for Sonic Boom, just to spite them.

14 more hours to go!

I have this set to record on my DVR. I kind of hope it makes it, just because upon reading the intent of the show it sounds refreshingly different from the rest of Sonic's library of media.

That's all the more reason you SHOULD watch it. Your viewership will help keep it on the air. Your remote is your voice.

I'm actually going to stop watching Cartoon Network programming EXCEPT for Sonic Boom, just to spite them.

14 more hours to go!

Not really, CN doesn't want us watching the show, they want kids to watch it, plus without a neilson box it wont matter.

I LOVE this show! I know only two 11-minute shorts has aired so far, but if the show keeps up this level of quality, I think Boom will be the best out of all the Sonic cartoon series.

Can't wait for the DVDs. Can't wait for next week. :woot:

So, has anyone else been watching this show? I like it. I wish CN would air repeats more often. T_T (I'm still sticking to my guns on my Cartoon Network ban. I only watch the network for Sonic Boom. I've hardly watched anything else on the channel since its premiere. With the exception of Clarence, that is.)

I'd rate the episodes in this order:

1) The Sidekick
It felt like a Sonic cartoon should. Had a good battle between Sonic, Tails and Eggman, established a bond between Sonic & Tails, some funny bits with Knuckles and Amy, we got to see Eggman in his lair yelling at his robots, and another cool action sequence at the end.

2) Can an Evil Genius Crash on your Couch?
Really funny episode. Loved seeing Sonic and Tails fighting Eggman's robot while half-asleep.

3) Fortress of Squallitude
Amy trying to redecorate Eggman's lab is just such a bizarre, funny idea.

4) My Fair Sticksy
Sticks is really annoying. But on the second viewing, I sorta warmed up to the episode. It's alright.

5) Translate This
Jokes fell flat here. Given the premise, it could've been a lot funnier.

6) Buster
The worst. Hate it. Hate Sticks.

Looking forward to the episodes "Cabin Fever" and "Don't Judge Me" I'd like to see one centered on Knuckles too.

Last edited:
I have to say, not knowing what to expect, I actually found the show genuinely entertaining, with some good funny writing.

It's a throwback to the old saturday show in tone, except Robotnik is even less threatening.

Personally my favorite approach to Sonic has been a mix of serious and fun like the movie.

But for a kids show, this isn't bad.

I watched some episodes of this, I love what I saw.
'Actually, it's whom.'
'I have a mustache, I can finally take over the world.'

Glad it's 11 minutes an episode.

So, Season 2 premiered a few weeks ago on Boomerang. As usual, the network hasn't done any sort of promotion or advertisements for it. Strange how the network seems to have a vendetta against one of its own programs..

Last week's episode, "Alone Again, Unnaturally" was definitely one of the best in the whole series. References to Blast Processing, Sonic getting pulverized, and Eggman freaking out thinking his lair was haunted.

Sonic Comic writers Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley are confirmed to be writing episodes for this season. Executive Producer Bill Frieberger has hinted at 2-part episodes, and has said more characters from the games will be appearing this season, including the return of Shadow.

Sadly, the show likely won't be renewed for a 3rd Season. Since the move to Boomerang, ratings have taken a massive hit. The Boom brand will likely die off after the end of this season.

For those without Boomerang, new episodes will reair Saturday mornings @6am on Cartoon Network.

SnapShot61_zps8c300csw.png

"The Biggest Fan" Aired last night on Boomerang.. It took a lot of hilarious jabs at the Sonic fandom, ("Let me read you some of my Sonic fanfiction! We'll start with something family-friendly. No, Not that one. OOH! Definitely not that one!")

The episode ended with a parody of Stephen King's 'Misery'

This settles it. Boom is the best Sonic cartoon ever. XD

Next Week: 'Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er' by Sonic conic writer, Ian Flynn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"