Sony considering developing Spider-Verse Spin-Offs for TV

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by Pennywise, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Pennywise Registered

‘Spider-Man’ Universe TV Series Coming Together Says Chris Miller – Deadline

2. Hypestyle Registered

who knows. Almost any character can be updated, remixed with an interesting hook. So it just depends on who the creatives want to settle on and how they want to go from there.
    My pitch for an idea that has "no chance" but could still be intriguing if done right, is a crime drama with Joe Robertson as a slightly younger reporter (mid-late 30s, Randy is about 8-9), no superheroes (yet), and Jonah is part of the supporting cast. If the producers insist on a "meta hero" angle, my pick would be Hector Ayala the first white tiger. In the comics it seemed like they retconned him to being quite a bit older by the time he died. here he could be a mostly shadowy, whispered hero in East Harlem.
    Jonah here would be another actor (blasphemy!) and he would be less over the top as he is in the comics and movies. He would still have components of being a reactionary and egotism, but Robbie's reporting and personality, challenging Jonah, are part of the series tension.
    Like I said, no chance, but just my fun random fan idea.

Hello2016 likes this.
  3. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Sounds great. I'm also very curious about who's platform these shows end up at.

4. Pennywise Registered

Same! Can't wait for them to make the announcements in the future!

5. Yowza Registered

I remember reading a little short story involving J.Jonah Jameson in the comics at one point that lasted for I think 2-3 issues. Marvel used to do little short anthology stories after the main one time to time doing something low key and unexpected.

I think little short films similar to what Marvel Studio's used to do Sony should maybe try with some of their films; a fun nod to fans if nothing else.

6. Yowza Registered

Overall, who the partners are and what platform the shows will be shown on I think are key factors before making a claim it'll be different before anything else but I am hoping for the best. Spider-Man has been a huge corner of Marvel Publishing over the years and if Sony is successful on this, it'll be fun.

7. Pennywise Registered

Sony Pictures Chief on Spider-Man Split: ‘For the Moment the Door is Closed’

8. Pennywise Registered

Amazon In Talks For Sony’s Suite Of TV Series Featuring Marvel Characters, Led By ‘Silk’ – Deadline