Sony's OpenMG files

MyDogShotJFK

Wannabe Luddite
Reaction score
so i got a Sony MP3 player ... I didn't know about this OpenMG thing. I'm thinking about bringing it back ... plus the root kit thing throws me off too.

Anyway, so I'd like to know if there's anyway to use iTunes with my MP3 player. Instead of the stupid 'Connect' player (that takes forever to load).

Anyone familiar with this issue? Sony converting MP3s to OMG (i think that's the extension), and I can't use anyother player to transfer music ... it sucks. but I got a good deal on it.

Any ideas?

take it back and just pick up a sandisk mp3 player. They play any type of sound files. My wife and I each bought one and love them. I can get about 60 songs on mine and the battery lasts for a long time.

Yeah ... but I got this one for a really good deal, but yeah ... I might still bring it back though. That's disappointing.

I have the same player and you cant connect it to any other software because it has to convert it all into OMG files and not mp3`s (like normal players would) the software was pretty dam slow when i first used it but i have gotten around that issue now, only put the tracks on the connect player when i need them to be, because if you wack 3000s mp3s on the software it cant cope at all.

Sucks balls on the software point of view but the player is pretty good (and ive had many diffrent players) :)

Sony has gotten so proprietary about everything with their music players that it's ridiculous. :down

jag

jaguarr said:
Sony has gotten so proprietary about everything with their music players that it's ridiculous. :down

jag
Well i think its something to do with compression really, they convert the mp3`s into OMG`s which are smaller in size so they can claim its a 6 gig, but really you could only fit about 4 gigs worth of real mp3`s onto the player. Still poop which ever way you look at it

black_dust said:
Well i think its something to do with compression really, they convert the mp3`s into OMG`s which are smaller in size so they can claim its a 6 gig, but really you could only fit about 4 gigs worth of real mp3`s onto the player. Still poop which ever way you look at it

Yep. :)

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"