Soul Calibur VI - PS4, X1, Steam

X Knight

Straight Edge
Reaction score
Soul Calibur VI is REAL!! Coming 2018!!

And it will be on PS4, X1, and Steam.

but no Switch version, it seems??

[YT]m1sdAmSq4vs[/YT]

It is running on Unreal, so possibly. I imagine the development time is such that they haven't had time to work on a Switch version.

^ I'm surprised because the leaks were pointing to a Switch version, with possible Nintendo guest characters like Link or from Fire Emblem.

anyways, I'm just glad it's coming to Xbox, which the leaks were all unsure about.

:)

So are they going back to the originals and not the kids and clones from the last game?

Awesome news!! really looking forward to this. Hope it's as good as IV.

yeah, the less of V they use, the better.

But V was the best since the original.

IV is my favourite.

I don’t really remember 3.

I actually liked the new gameplay mechanics in V. stuff like the "super moves" made it seem more "casual friendly" if that's the right word.

IV, if I remember, felt a bit too technical for me.

What I didn't like about V was the huge time skip, which introduced the new characters and left out fan favorites like Sophie and Taki. The new characters didn't feel like adequate replacements for the originals.

I don’t really remember 3.

wasn't 3 the one that had guest characters for each platform?

I remember Spawn on Xbox and Link on Gamecube, I think.

wonder if they will be doing guest characters for VI?

the leaks for a Switch version seemed to indicate Link and/or a Fire Emblem character for Nintendo.

So, assuming there will be a Switch version and it gets a guest character, who should represent the other platforms?

On PS4, maybe Dante or the Bloodborne Hunter?

On Xbox, maybe someone from KI like Jago or Tusk?

That was II.

III introduced the new main villain with the scythe...his name escapes me at the moment.

It also had the first character creator and that optional strategy like mode where you take territory through fights with specific conditions, and unlock new customization options.

^ ah thanks.

the scythe guy is Zasalamel, I think.

and I hope character creator returns in VI. I spent most of my time in V in character creator.

Oh yeah I remember him. Will be very interesting to see the roster for this game.

The last good experience I had with the Soul Calibur was with the third game. Tales of the Sword mode kept me busy for hours.

since this has it's own thread now, I'll share the additional rumors and leaks I learned reading through the net.

The guy who leaked most of the info accurately leaked that TMNT and Enchantress would be the final 2 spots for Injustice 2 DLC. And he leaked that SC VI would also be revealed this December, either at the The Game Awards ( which turned out true ) or at PSX or at Bandai Namco's event next week.

He also leaked that a new character would use a dual bladed staff - which we saw at the end of the trailer.

So, this guy seems pretty accurate.

Anyways, this guy has also mentioned that Kilik, Xianghua, and Talim are returning. The new character with the dual blade is said to be a rival to Kilik, and another new character will have some ties to that dual blade character.

I've also seen mention of Seigfried, Nightmare, and Tira coming back.

The leaks also mentioned a Switch version ( with no mention of Xbox One ), with 1 or more Nintendo guest characters ( Link and/or Fire Emblem ).

so, I was surprised the trailer made no mention of Switch version, but that may get revealed next week at the Bandai Namco event. still seems kind of odd.

just glad it's on Xbox though......lol.

Two article from the same place the second has a trailer

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI first details, screenshots[/FONT]
Published 15 hours ago. 126 comments.

Mitsurugi, Sophitia, and Reverse Edge.

Following its announcement at The Game Awards 2017 last night, Bandai Namco has released the first details and screenshots of Soulcalibur VI.
Get the information below.
? Fact Sheet

SC6_12-08-17_001.jpg

About

History hides away more than one truth…
Soulcalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. Soulcalibur VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. Soulcalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
Key Features

• Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
  • New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
  • Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and
    visual fl are.
  • Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
? Characters
Mitsurugi Heishiro

• Origin: Bizen, Japan
  • Height: 173cm
  • Weight: 71kg
  • Birthday: June 8
  • Blood Type: AB
  • Weapon: Japanese Sword
  • Weapon Name: Shishi-Oh
  • Fighting Style: Shin Tenpu-Kosai-Ryu Kai

SC6_12-08-17_002.jpg

Sophitia Alexandra

• Origin: Athens, Ottoman Empire
  • Height: 169cm
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Birthday: March 12
  • Blood Type: B
  • Weapon: Short Sword and Small Shield
  • Weapon Name: Omega Sword & Elk Shield
  • Fighting Style: Athenian Style
  • Relationships: Achelous (Father), Nike (Mother), Cassandra (Younger Sister), and Lucius (Younger Brother)

SC6_12-08-17_003.jpg
? New System: Reversal Edge
In Soulcalibur VI, “Reversal Edge” is a new battle system that integrates both offense and defense. Once a Reversal Edge is activated, you can continuously defend against the opponent’s techniques to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on the opponent’s actions. When a Reversal Edge hits, you can enjoy a powerful production like a scene from an action movie highlighted by a dynamic camera.

SC6_12-08-17_004.jpg
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.
View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

More Recently

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI debut gameplay trailer[/FONT]
Published 53 mins ago. 4 comments.

New trailer debuted at PlayStation Experience 2017.

SCVI-Gameplay-PV-Init_12-09-17.jpg

Bandai Namco debuted the first gameplay trailer for Soulcalibur VI during the PlayStation Experience 2017 opening celebration.
If you missed it, catch up on the game’s first details here.

Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]iA6US0jfqNA[/YT]

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the additional info and gameplay trailer, zenith.

those artworks look amazing, especially Sophie. I'm also loving her moveset and what looks to be her super/critical edge or whatever they'll call it.

I really hope there's a character creator in this game, cuz I'd love to use Sophie's moveset for my CAS.

The graphics are looking really good.

The graphics are looking really good.

watched some gameplay footage today, and the fine print says footage is from PC.

so, hopefully the consoles can come close.

and hopefully this gets X and Pro Enhanced with HDR support.

and the X will get 4K textures. y'know......for the girls.......and stuff.......:o

watched some gameplay footage today, and the fine print says footage is from PC.

so, hopefully the consoles can come close.

and hopefully this gets X and Pro Enhanced with HDR support.

and the X will get 4K textures. y'know......for the girls.......and stuff.......:o

Haha.

And I would hope all games that are coming out in the mid-term future would support those features. Would be very lazy otherwise.

Haha.

And I would hope all games that are coming out in the mid-term future would support those features. Would be very lazy otherwise.

agreed. by next year, there's really no excuse.

anyways, if there will be guest characters, who do you want to see?

should it be a universal character that all platforms get?

or platform specific ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"