Soul Calibur VI - PS4, X1, Steam

agreed. by next year, there's really no excuse.

anyways, if there will be guest characters, who do you want to see?

should it be a universal character that all platforms get?

or platform specific ones?

I'd prefer universal so we all get them all. I don't know how the permissions work. Can they be from any multiplat games? Like The Witcher for eg?

I'd prefer universal so we all get them all. I don't know how the permissions work. Can they be from any multiplat games? Like The Witcher for eg?

I was actually thinking about Geralt from the Witcher as a universal guest who would fit in.

I was actually thinking about Geralt from the Witcher as a universal guest who would fit in.

He could be a very popular character. I wonder if they could use some of his magic too.

Oh and I meant to say above that I have surge protector multi-plugs plugged into nearly every plug point in my house.

He could be a very popular character. I wonder if they could use some of his magic too.

Oh and I meant to say above that I have surge protector multi-plugs plugged into nearly every plug point in my house.

yeah, same here.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI theme is “reboot,” emphasizes enjoyment of sword fighting with single button[/FONT]

Published 16 hours ago. 83 comments.

Lots of new tidbits from Weekly Famitsu interview.

SC6-Fami-Int_12-12-17.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a new interview with Soulcalibur VI producer Motohiro Okubo, production producer Michinori Ozawa, and director Yoshiyuki Takahashi following the game’s announcement at The Game Awards 2017 last week.

Get the notable tidbits below.

• Development was decided from the fact that it is the series’ 20th anniversary and there are still no 3D weapon-based fighting games on current generation hardware.
  • The keyword is “reboot.” We reviewed previous entries, and looked back on how users played and received each game.
  • We want players to know the world of the original Soulcalibur by solidly depicting its story once again. Part of that is the hope that not only current players, but also those who played in the past will return.
  • 1586, the era of Soulcalibur, is an era of many unfinished tales.
  • New characters will appear. These will be important characters who have significant involvement in the story and such.
  • (Will there be guest characters?) “Please look forward to it!”
  • The basics parts of the battle system, which utilize vertical slashes, horizontal slashes, and running to fight, have not changed.
  • Movement speed and operability are being tuned to emphasize comfort so that anyone can play.
  • The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.
  • The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.
  • Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.
  • There is a system called “Soul Charge,” which is paired with the Critical Edge system. You can power-up for a certain time by expending the gauge. Soul Charge-exclusive techniques are also being prepared.
  • A “Lethal Hit” system is being prepared for advanced players. By landing specific techniques with certain conditions fulfilled, you can perform powerful combos depicted through special production and slow motion. By doing this you can destroy your opponent’s equipment.
  • If Mitsurugi’s lower body equipment is destroyed, he will essentially only be wearing a loincloth. If Sophitia’s hair accessories are destroyed, her hairdo will change.
  • Guard Impacts can be used without depleting the gauge.
  • We also want to offer a tutorial mode.
  • We feel that character creation is an attraction that cannot be removed from the series. We cannot say anymore, but please look forward to it.
  • Development is 70 percent complete.
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018. Read more about the game here and catch the first gameplay trailer here. Watch even more gameplay and an interview with the producer from PlayStation Experience 2017 here.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

source: Gematsu

So....where is Nightmare? He's the mascot of the series, and they don't show him off for the first trailer? C'mon man.

loving all the new info.

glad they are confirming it's a reboot. After V and the long wait, I was wanting them to go that direction anyways.

surprised it's 70% complete. don't want them to rush, but hopefully that means we can get the game sooner in 2018.

eager to see who the guest character(s) are. will they be platform specific or universal?

and so glad CAS is making a return. One reason why I got into SC IV and V is because I discovered it had a create-a-character mode. which set the SC games apart from other fighting games.

hopefully this Friday at the Namco Bandai event, we get more info and/or character reveals.

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI Sophitia character breakdown[/FONT]
Published 1 day ago. 19 comments.

A look at one of the core characters of Soulcalibur.

Soulcalibur-6-Sophitia-Breakdown_12-22-17.jpg

Bandai Namco has released a character breakdown video for Sophitia in Soulcalibur VI featuring commentary from producer Motohiro Okubo.
video for Sophitia in Soulcalibur VI featuring commentary from producer Motohiro Okubo.

Here is the full transcript from Okubo:
“I would like to talk about Sophitia, one of the core characters in Soulcalibur. She’s from Athens and fights using a sword and shield. I believe you already know as much. The way she fights is representative of Soucalibur on the whole. She uses an orthodox style that anyone can control well. This makes her a highly recommended character, even for novices. I believe that many of you have already seen the trailer that was released. She is younger than in Soulcalibur IV, and I hope that you’re all quite excited to check out what fate has in store for her in this edition of Soulcalibur. Sophitia and Mitsurugi were actually the first characters made during the game’s development. We then used that as a foundation and made decisions for the other characters such as their movement, visuals, etc., based on how they would fit with Sophitia and Mitsurugi. I do think that we were able to model them in a very beautiful way this time, with some cute charm as well. I’d like our fans to kind of keep this in mind as they’re having fun playing the game.”
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.
Watch the character breakdown below.

[YT]ziWNOtY28ew[/YT]

New trailer reveals new character Groh ( double bladed weapon guy ), along with returning characters Nightmare, Xianghua, and Kilik.

[YT]fiIdQGePIB8[/YT]

Looks good!!

30 Minute gameplay vid featuring the newly revealed characters.

[YT]7LpKAlqn5No[/YT]

Also, official bio, info, and artwork of the newly revealed characters.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/

I'm very surprised (but pleased) that Groh is apparently [BLACKOUT]good[/BLACKOUT].

Kilik:

kilik-jpg.47990

After being abandoned as a child, Kilik was raised by the monks of the Ling-Sheng Su temple where he was raised to be a proficient fighter. While never knowing his true family, Kilik befriended another orphan named Xianglian and a bond formed between them stronger than even the closest of siblings. They grew into proficient warriors, and their efforts were rewarded with each of them being chosen to inherit one of the temple’s three sacred treasures. However, on the night before the official handover ceremony, fate began to stir…

Kilik is proficient in the fighting style of the rod. Among the many rod styles surviving in China today, the techniques of Ling-Sheng Su are said to be among the most refined and powerful. The rod is a large and difficult weapon to master, however, the freedom of movement, effectiveness at any range, and offensive and defensive capabilities make it an appealing choice over other long weapons such as the spear.

Xianghua:

xianghua-jpg.47992

Xianghua’s mother was from the prestigious Chai family in Beijing, and taught Xianghua swordsmanship from a young age, treating her with a firm but loving hand. Xianghua sensed these moments held some deeper significance than her mother was letting on. Perhaps it had something to do with her father, a man she never knew and was told had passed away. Two years after her mother’s death, she decided to focus on the way of the sword. With every passing day, her passion burned stronger than before.

Xianghua learned how to wield a sword from her mother and from a young age was enraptured by the beauty of her mother practicing the sword. Xianghua’s personal style relies less on taking her opponent down with head-on attacks and more on feints and landing a decisive blow only after her opponent has left an opening for her to exploit.

Nightmare:

nightmare-jpg.47991

Appearing from out of the shadows like the advent of nightfall, this barbaric knight in azure armor reaps the souls of the living as if they were mere stalks of corn. His name came to represent fear and desperation to all who heard it. Those who found out that the rumors were true, that he was no fairytale villain, would be struck down in a single blow before they could even open their mouths to scream.

Nightmare carries the demon sword Soul Edge, a blade that has been part of many battles and retains the memories of those who wielded it, and those who faced them. Such memories influence the fighting style of the blade’s current master, so even if its wielder lacks experience in combat, they can battle like a seasoned warrior. When facing Nightmare, one must never forget that he is able to at least partially unleash the power of the sword. If he does, be prepared for a blow designed to kill in one fell cut.

Groh:

groh-jpg.47989

The mysterious Aval Organization was a secret group with origins rooted in ancient times. They say the group came to be when a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart, and with his dying breath, entrusted them with both the blade and his unfinished mission. Each new generation has taken on the group’s mission to rid the world of “Outsider” — those connected with the cursed sword. One such member was Grøh, about whom little is known save for that he was a fearsome warrior. Though his fighting style is shrouded in mystery, he is believed to have wielded two swords. Some also say he kept a certain technique close to his chest…

Grøh utilizes the Aval Twinblade Swordsmanship that often employs multiple consecutive slashes. This has a major disadvantage in that a careless practitioner runs the risk of injuring themselves. As such, it takes a lot of practice to use this style effectively. Dual-swordsmanship also allows for the swords to be split in two and wielded separately. This tactic is one of the many ways a wielder can use to surprise their opponent, giving them the opportunity to string together a series of blows that lead to a final, deadly slash.

Last edited:
So Siegfried confirmed?

Awe some job X knight . what you did still stand but I'm adding a few images & video's

Also, official bio, info, and artwork of the newly revealed characters.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/26/soulcalibur-vi-new-and-returning-fighters-detailed/

I'm very surprised (but pleased) that Groh is apparently [BLACKOUT]good[/BLACKOUT].

Kilik:

kilik-jpg.47990

After being abandoned as a child, Kilik was raised by the monks of the Ling-Sheng Su temple where he was raised to be a proficient fighter. While never knowing his true family, Kilik befriended another orphan named Xianglian and a bond formed between them stronger than even the closest of siblings. They grew into proficient warriors, and their efforts were rewarded with each of them being chosen to inherit one of the temple’s three sacred treasures. However, on the night before the official handover ceremony, fate began to stir…

Kilik is proficient in the fighting style of the rod. Among the many rod styles surviving in China today, the techniques of Ling-Sheng Su are said to be among the most refined and powerful. The rod is a large and difficult weapon to master, however, the freedom of movement, effectiveness at any range, and offensive and defensive capabilities make it an appealing choice over other long weapons such as the spear.

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_01-26-18_006.jpg

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_01-26-18_007.jpg

Xianghua:

xianghua-jpg.47992

Xianghua’s mother was from the prestigious Chai family in Beijing, and taught Xianghua swordsmanship from a young age, treating her with a firm but loving hand. Xianghua sensed these moments held some deeper significance than her mother was letting on. Perhaps it had something to do with her father, a man she never knew and was told had passed away. Two years after her mother’s death, she decided to focus on the way of the sword. With every passing day, her passion burned stronger than before.

Xianghua learned how to wield a sword from her mother and from a young age was enraptured by the beauty of her mother practicing the sword. Xianghua’s personal style relies less on taking her opponent down with head-on attacks and more on feints and landing a decisive blow only after her opponent has left an opening for her to exploit.

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_01-26-18_016.jpg

Nightmare:

nightmare-jpg.47991

Appearing from out of the shadows like the advent of nightfall, this barbaric knight in azure armor reaps the souls of the living as if they were mere stalks of corn. His name came to represent fear and desperation to all who heard it. Those who found out that the rumors were true, that he was no fairytale villain, would be struck down in a single blow before they could even open their mouths to scream.

Nightmare carries the demon sword Soul Edge, a blade that has been part of many battles and retains the memories of those who wielded it, and those who faced them. Such memories influence the fighting style of the blade’s current master, so even if its wielder lacks experience in combat, they can battle like a seasoned warrior. When facing Nightmare, one must never forget that he is able to at least partially unleash the power of the sword. If he does, be prepared for a blow designed to kill in one fell cut.

Groh:

groh-jpg.47989

The mysterious Aval Organization was a secret group with origins rooted in ancient times. They say the group came to be when a king used the spirit sword to defeat its cursed counterpart, and with his dying breath, entrusted them with both the blade and his unfinished mission. Each new generation has taken on the group’s mission to rid the world of “Outsider” — those connected with the cursed sword. One such member was Grøh, about whom little is known save for that he was a fearsome warrior. Though his fighting style is shrouded in mystery, he is believed to have wielded two swords. Some also say he kept a certain technique close to his chest…

Grøh utilizes the Aval Twinblade Swordsmanship that often employs multiple consecutive slashes. This has a major disadvantage in that a careless practitioner runs the risk of injuring themselves. As such, it takes a lot of practice to use this style effectively. Dual-swordsmanship also allows for the swords to be split in two and wielded separately. This tactic is one of the many ways a wielder can use to surprise their opponent, giving them the opportunity to string together a series of blows that lead to a final, deadly slash.

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_01-26-18_002.jpg

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_01-26-18_003.jpg

Here are the video's below

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI Groh, Kilik, Nightmare, and Xianghua details, gameplay, and screenshots[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 26 comments.

Watch the gameplay below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Game Informer

[YT]7LpKAlqn5No[/YT]
GameSpot

[YT]RTWEeT-qbic[/YT]
GameXplain

[YT]f9qCRnqGR2o[/YT]
IGN

[YT]8VxEUO2x4Ag[/YT]

[YT]tB0uEJ0BV_E[/YT]

[YT]2vyYAuGg6FU[/YT]
Polygon

[YT]rZA_QyT6i6w[/YT]

visit gallery »

thanks for the additional vids, zenith.

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI Mitsurugi character breakdown[/FONT]
Published 19 hours ago. 7 comments.
The samurai-esque Soulcalibur character.

Soulcalibur-VI-Mitsurugi-Breakdown_02-16-18.jpg

Bandai Namco has released a character breakdown video for Mitsurugi in Soulcalibur VI featuring commentary from producer Motohiro Okubo.

“So I’d like to talk about Mitsurugi today. Heishiro Mitsurugi, to use his full name. He was born in Japan and you could say that he represents Soulcalibur in a massive way. I’m sure everyone watching this knows who he is. He carries a Japanese sword, a katana and wears Japanese armor. I imagine that all of our players probably consider him to be quite samurai-esque. That is of course something that we had in mind when we were developing him as a character. I think that he is the Soulcalibur character who naturally plays the most like a samurai. I mean, when I first created him, I would often play him midway through development. I thought that it was incredibly fun and I do think that we did a pretty nice job on the sword mechanics, the movements behind them. He’s quite young, isn’t he? I hope that you’re all excited and curious to find out what fate has in store for him.”
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.

[YT]fTaWpQXJfqw[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI adds Ivy, Zasalamel[/FONT]
Published 12 hours ago. 50 comments.

Two returning fighters join the fray.

SC6_02-22-18.jpg

Ivy and Zasalamel will be playable characters in Soulcalibur VI, Bandai Namco announced.

Here is an overview of each character, via Bandai Namco:
Ivy

Ivy is one of the most famous mainstays in the Soulcalibur series and she returns to destroy all who challenge her in Soulcalibur VI. Born to an aristocratic English family, her early years were spent in a loving environment, that is until her father’s obsession with alchemy and immortality gained by obtaining the Souls Blade drove him to an early grave. Shortly thereafter, Ivy’s mother passed away and so began her journey to destroy that which brought such despair to her family – Soul Blade.

Zasalamel

Zasalamel, born into a clan called the Guardians of the Spirit Sword, has always been an excellent warrior. While his fighting skills were second-to-none, his arrogance drove him to a clan rule which ended with both his arms being broken and him being banished from his clan. Ever defiant, Zasalamel began studying ancient arts in the hope of discovering the secrets to reincarnation, but with everlasting life, a heavy price must be paid…
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018.
Watch a set of trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Ivy

[YT]aNi1jjtFdao[/YT]
Zasalamel

[YT]mzfZm2obBag[/YT]

visit gallery »

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI Nightmare character breakdown[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 16 comments.
A symbol of the "dark" element.

SCVI-Nightmare_03-02-18.jpg

Bandai Namco has released a character breakdown video for Nightmare in Soulcalibur VI featuring commentary from producer Motohiro Okubo.

This next character is the one you’ve been waiting for. The fan favorite Nightmare. Soulcalibur features “light” and “dark” elements and unsurprisingly Nightmare is a character who symbolizes the “dark” element. He’s an incredibly important character for the series. And of course there’s his weapon the Soul Edge I hope that all of you out there are getting excited to see how he’ll play and what his moves will be like this time around. I myself actually really like Nightmare.

From a producer’s point of view we have held this game to absurdly high standards in developing the specials, the Critical Edge, etc. to the point of being too particular, even. At any rate, I think that you’ll understand what I mean when you see his. I just want to say that this game has ended up being absurdly cool. I definitely encourage you all to pick it up and give it a shot.

[YT]cpdu0AGpEzw[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]Soulcalibur VI Groh character breakdown[/FONT]
Published 18 hours ago. 9 comments.

A newcomer to the Soulcalibur series.

SC6-Groh_03-09-18.jpg

Bandai Namco has released a character breakdown video for Groh in Soulcalibur VI featuring commentary from producer Motohiro Okubo.
I’d like to tell you about Groh now. He’s the new character that you’ve all been waiting for. Groh is from Norway and the reason we chose that country in particular is that Groh’s appearance, facial features, overall atmosphere, and more than anything his cool demeanor perfectly aligns with the impressions that Northern Europe gives off. Though it could just simply be that this is how the region is portrayed here in Japan. One of Groh’s unique points is his “Double Saber” weapon. It features a blade that can be split into two a first in the Soulcalibur series. Moreover, when the weapon splits like this in the middle of a battle it can then be used to perform specials. The sword itself is quite distinctive and the way that it is used in the game is also extremely unique. I think you’ll see that when watching gameplay. In addition to this kind of unique feature the way that Groh moves in the game is incredibly cool particularly the way that his clothing flaps and shifts around after he has made a cut. His set of moves and actions makes him a really fascinating character for me and I’m looking forward to you all having fun with him. Groh is going to be an extremely important character in Soulcalibur VI. We’ll have more information for you soon, and really appreciate your patience.

[YT]G1pkyQ2vxAo[/YT]

Last edited:
It would be cool if they did a PS4 exclusive one by bringing Kratos back but basing it off his appearance in the upcoming game with the new weapon

if they did a PS4 exclusive character, then they'd have to do an Xbox/PC exclusive, too.

and I'm not sure who'd fill that role for Xbox. Master Chief wouldn't fit. Maybe someone from Killer Instinct?

It would be cool if they did a PS4 exclusive one by bringing Kratos back but basing it off his appearance in the upcoming game with the new weapon

He belongs here too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"