South Park Movie Sequel In The Works

Donut

Avenger
Reaction score
& it should totally be focused on The Extreme Avenger League / Coon & Friends

They have already done 4 whole episodes about that. Dont be ridiculous.

The first one was a work of twisted genius. I can't wait!

I think South Park Longer, Bigger and Uncut is a masterpiece. I hope a sequel is as good.

I hope this one is a musical too.

& it should totally be focused on The Extreme Avenger League / Coon & Friends

They have to throw some Imagination Land in there somehow.

Is a sequel actually in development? I read something earlier today that just mentioned that a portion of the rights to a sequel passed from Warner Bros to Paramount as part of a deal. That doesn't necessarily mean a sequel is in development, does it?

I'd be really surprised if they made another movie. Trey and Matt are geniuses and South Park is still pretty funny most of the time, but overall it seems like they're running out of ideas for the show. Perhaps another movie would be a good way to end the series.

I'm seeing The Book of Mormon finally next weekend!

I'm unsure if a movie could work, in that is South Park still at the place it was when the first film came out in terms of viewers?

They said this movie would end the series whenever they do decide to do it.

Imagination Land was suppose to be the sequel

Imagination Land was suppose to be the sequel
yeah i've heard that too, South Park to me died a few years ago. I never really religiously watched the show I tuned in for some episode that were cool, but its pretty much getting stale at least IMO.

It would be cool to have a sequel but they would really need to create a plot as masterful as the first one.

I agree if they want to create another movie, do it to finish the TV show and the whole thing that would be a cool send off for the series.

South Park has gotten so bad in the last few years. It makes me a little sad since it's a show I grew up with. I remember back when they couldn't show it before 10 p.m. Maybe Trey needs to write a new movie for the series for some good ideas to come through, but with or without a sequel, the show needs to come to a close soon.

South Park has gotten so bad in the last few years. It makes me a little sad since it's a show I grew up with. I remember back when they couldn't show it before 10 p.m. Maybe Trey needs to write a new movie for the series for some good ideas to come through, but with or without a sequel, the show needs to come to a close soon.

I disagree. I think the show has been nothing short of brilliant in its past few seasons. Hell I'd say its one of the best shows on all of television. It has grown so much and can go on for a long time, though I know Trey and Matt's interest in it is waning as they want to do other things, which I respect.

I haven't read anything saying this is in development. The rights to a potential sequel have switched hands. That is all.

That said, would be a nice way to wrap up, and it should come to an end.

South Park has gotten too topical for it's own good, in my opinion.
The first eight or so seasons had terrific stories that explored the characters with the topical jokes being in the background.
Nowadays it feels like every episode is just a parody of what is going on in the news, with the characters mostly playing second fiddle to a bunch of political jokes. To which I say, meh.
There are still the occasional gems in there, but the consistency isn't there like it used to be.
I can see a movie being terrific, though. So fingers crossed.

PS: This thread made me want to go watch some South Park, so I log into Netflix and THEY'VE TAKEN THE SHOW OFF OF INSTANT STREAM. I AM LIVID.

South Park has gotten too topical for it's own good, in my opinion.
The first eight or so seasons had terrific stories that explored the characters with the topical jokes being in the background.
Nowadays it feels like every episode is just a parody of what is going on in the news, with the characters mostly playing second fiddle to a bunch of political jokes. To which I say, meh.
There are still the occasional gems in there, but the consistency isn't there like it used to be.
I can see a movie being terrific, though. So fingers crossed.

PS: This thread made me want to go watch some South Park, so I log into Netflix and THEY'VE TAKEN THE SHOW OFF OF INSTANT STREAM. I AM LIVID.
southparkstudios.com. They have every episode. Enjoy

southparkstudios.com. They have every episode. Enjoy

And also commercials :(
Plus in the past that site has been majorly buggy for me.

Ugh. Classic first world problems.

I was and I gues still am, wondering when they'd do another movie. Since this is merely the exchanging of rights, not the announcement of a new movie, I guess I'll be waiting a while more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"