South Park Sheep

Mr Sparkle said:
if you're watching south park for their "messages" which are almost always wrong and or middle of the road bull****. I pitty you.

but if you think that someone saying family guy sucks and saying south park is funnier makes him/her a "sheep" I pitty you as well.

What's wrong with being middle fo the road?

I think the show is best when it isn't trying to beat you over the head with a moral.

And really, that's only become a major problem in recent seasons. The most likely reason for any quality declines is that Matt and Trey are simply getting bored with the series, but have to keep making episodes since they're under contract.

The Question said:
What's wrong with being middle fo the road?

it's a cheap way to appeal to a wider demographic, liberals think it's "all in good fun" conservatives think "yeah...they totally agree with me" and trey and matt avoid taking any real stance on any issue.:down

Middle of the road doesn't mean they don't take any real stance. It means that they're in between the more extreme liberal and conservative idiologies. When have they ever not taken a stand on anything? They tend to state their opinions pretty clearly.

The Question said:
Middle of the road doesn't mean they don't take any real stance. It means that they're in between the more extreme liberal and conservative idiologies. When have they ever not taken a stand on anything? They tend to state their opinions pretty clearly.

LOL, see? it work completely for them.:up:

actually those mediocre speeches that Kyle or Stan give at then end of the shows are just that. mediocre, they are funny, just that, their ideology is suited to fit their economic needs.

plain and simple.

Mr Sparkle said:
LOL, see? it work completely for them.:up:

That doesn't mean it's meant to apease everyone. It just means that it's how they think. They're not really liberal and they're not really conservative. They're somewhere in the middle. Like alot of people.

Mr Sparkle said:
actually those mediocre speeches that Kyle or Stan give at then end of the shows are just that. mediocre, they are funny, just that, their ideology is suited to fit their economic needs.

I really don't see it.

The Question said:
That doesn't mean it's meant to apease everyone. It just means that it's how they think. They're not really liberal and they're not really conservative. They're somewhere in the middle. Like alot of people.

:confused: why does the fact that are alot of people are unable to take a stance on an issue exonerate these 2?

The Question said:
I really don't see it.

:confused: :O :mad: :down

Mr Sparkle said:
:confused: why does the fact that are alot of people are unable to take a stance on an issue exonerate these 2?

They're not unable to take a stance on an issue. They're idiologies are simply more of a middle ground between the right and the left. That does not mean they're unable to take a stance on an issue. Are you saying that a person's opinion is only credible if they're a defined liberal or conservative?

South Park is a cartoon, for cheap laughs and not much else, when you start taking messages from it and allow it to to become basis of your political belief
system, well that's sad. Taking a cartoon that features talking poo seriously, then their just being silly. That's like using Star Wars as basis for your religious beliefs, it doesn't make sense. If you see an interesting idea on South Park, go research it or something, don't take face value. I just hope matt and Trey's heads don't get so big that they decide "saving the world" is more important then being funny.

Mr Sparkle said:
it's a cheap way to appeal to a wider demographic, liberals think it's "all in good fun" conservatives think "yeah...they totally agree with me" and trey and matt avoid taking any real stance on any issue.:down

Matt and Trey are Libertarians, which means they are social liberals and economic conservatives. This means that the show has a Libertarian view point, which is why it appeals to liberals and conservatives. Again Libertarism is a real ideology and they seem commited to it, so I think saying they just sit on the side lines is unfair, their just rather commited Libertarians, no more, no less.

The Overlord said:
South Park is a cartoon, for cheap laughs and not much else, when you start taking messages from it and allow it to to become basis of your political belief
system, well that's sad. Taking a cartoon that features talking poo seriously, then their just being silly. That's like using Star Wars as basis for your religious beliefs, it doesn't make sense. If you see an interesting idea on South Park, go research it or something, don't take face value. I just hope matt and Trey's heads don't get so big that they decide "saving the world" is more important then being funny.

I wouldn't call all of their humor for cheap laughs, myself. Yes, some of their jokes are just there for a cheap laugh, but others aren't what I's call "cheap." And really, why shouldn't someone take a cartoon with talking poo seriously? Talking poo or no, if you think the show makes good points and would like to encorperate said points into your outlook on life, then that's your prerogative.

i think south park is one of the best written shows. i don't give two craps what anyone thinks. i think they make a great point with almost every episode.

I still enjoy it, but I don't take the messages too seriously. Really, if you're basing your political or religious views on a show on Comedy Central, you're doing something wrong to begin with. Even The Daily Show, which is all about topical humor, knows not to take itself too seriously.

The Question said:
I wouldn't call all of their humor for cheap laughs, myself. Yes, some of their jokes are just there for a cheap laugh, but others aren't what I's call "cheap." And really, why shouldn't someone take a cartoon with talking poo seriously? Talking poo or no, if you think the show makes good points and would like to encorperate said points into your outlook on life, then that's your prerogative.

Well that's like watching the daily Show as your only news source, the Daily Show is a very good satire of the news business, but its not a legitimate news source. Likewise South Park is a satire comedy, it shouldn't be too taken seriously, it isn't a program devoted to a serious political discussion. For God's sakes these shows air on Comedy Central, that's a good reason not to take them seriously.

Just because it's comedy doesn't mean you shouldn't take their message seriously. Comedy just makes the message ore entertaining to take. If South Park makes some kind of point, be it political, social, or whatever, and you agree with it, then what's the problem?

I have not met anyone who follows Southpark like sheep. I did not even know that sheep followed Southpark in the first place.

The Question said:
They're not unable to take a stance on an issue. They're idiologies are simply more of a middle ground between the right and the left. That does not mean they're unable to take a stance on an issue. Are you saying that a person's opinion is only credible if they're a defined liberal or conservative?

no, you're not getting it. they are not "middle ground"you're getting things confused, completely confused:down stradling the fence so you remain ambiguous enough is not a "middle ground".

The Overlord said:
Matt and Trey are Libertarians, which means they are social liberals and economic conservatives. This means that the show has a Libertarian view point, which is why it appeals to liberals and conservatives. Again Libertarism is a real ideology and they seem commited to it, so I think saying they just sit on the side lines is unfair, their just rather commited Libertarians, no more, no less.

:confused: they are not "on the side lines"they keep their message vague enough all the time to appeal to both camps, always! it's really smart, but there are certain people that mistake this for actual ideology.

Mr Sparkle said:
no, you're not getting it. they are not "middle ground"you're getting things confused, completely confused:down stradling the fence so you remain ambiguous enough is not a "middle ground".

I really don't see where you're coming from at all.

Mr Sparkle said:
:confused: they are not "on the side lines"they keep their message vague enough all the time to appeal to both camps, always! it's really smart, but there are certain people that mistake this for actual ideology.

The messages are actual quite clear, they very much tend to be Libertarian messages, with Libertarians being social liberals and economic conservatives, their messages are quite in that respect. I mean Libertarianism is a real ideology.

The Question said:
Just because it's comedy doesn't mean you shouldn't take their message seriously. Comedy just makes the message ore entertaining to take. If South Park makes some kind of point, be it political, social, or whatever, and you agree with it, then what's the problem?

The problem comes from allowing yourself to be influenced politically by comedy shows, without doing your own research into an issue. If see something on South Park or some other comedy show that you agree with, I think you should consider the source and do your own research into the issue. Taking cues just from comedy shows is just silly, they are not supposed to be serious.

The Overlord said:
The messages are actual quite clear, they very much tend to be Libertarian messages, with Libertarians being social liberals and economic conservatives, their messages are quite in that respect. I mean Libertarianism is a real ideology.

I don't doubt for ine second that it is.

republican is a real ideology therefore, the flintstones message was clear.:up:

Mr Sparkle said:
I don't doubt for ine second that it is.

republican is a real ideology therefore, the flintstones message was clear.:up:

Now, now, no sour grapes. Watch the South Park episodes and do some minor research into the Libertarian ideology (go to their web site or hell even their wiki would enough) the similarties are somewhat obvious.

The Overlord said:
Now, now, no sour grapes. Watch the South Park episodes and do some minor research into the Libertarian ideology (go to their web site or hell even their wiki would enough) the similarties are somewhat obvious.

:confused: you mistake my biting condescension with sour grapes?

LOL:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"