South Park

I think it's dumb to skip a season number because of a time delay, but I guess as it's the 25th anniversary they really wanted to be working on a 25th season for it.

There's an orchestra version of 'Kyle's Mom is a B****' out to promote the season. Pretty funny but I won't post a link for obvious reasons.

I think it's dumb to skip a season number because of a time delay, but I guess as it's the 25th anniversary they really wanted to be working on a 25th season for it.

There's an orchestra version of 'Kyle's Mom is a B****' out to promote the season. Pretty funny but I won't post a link for obvious reasons.
I'm dying from these Orchestral covers, this might be my favorite.

I’m still laughing at the dude singing the Kenny part in the orchestral cover of the main theme song. Unmuffled and everything, lol.

They did 'Gay Fish' as well. Amazing. I want to hear 'ya ya ya I am Lorde' next.

I wonder if these episodes wil be better, since we're getting 6 at once. (I assume they're already finished) They didn't have to rush it as usual, so they could do everything they wanted.
We're not getting six at once, they're back to one episode per week. The season's length is six episodes, or half of the season if they're splitting it again the way they used to.
If the pandemic hadn't happened and they had gone on business as usual, we'd have gotten the 24th season in 2020 and the 25th season would have come out last year even though it would have only been the show's 24th anniversary. But I guess it's splitting hairs anyway. The two pandemic specials that aired on Comedy Central were essentially double episodes, equivalent to four episodes total and the two movies on Paramount+ were more or less three times the length of a normal episode, so that's equivalent to six episodes right there. Add them all up and you basically get 10 episodes or so from the four specials, even though they only count the first two as Season 24, which doesn't make a lot of sense since the Paramount+ movies were clearly follow-ups to the first two specials but I guess that's on brand for South Park.

We're not getting six at once, they're back to one episode per week. The season's length is six episodes, or half of the season if they're splitting it again the way they used to.

If the pandemic hadn't happened and they had gone on business as usual, we'd have gotten the 24th season in 2020 and the 25th season would have come out last year even though it would have only been the show's 24th anniversary. But I guess it's splitting hairs anyway. The two pandemic specials that aired on Comedy Central were essentially double episodes, equivalent to four episodes total and the two movies on Paramount+ were more or less three times the length of a normal episode, so that's equivalent to six episodes right there. Add them all up and you basically get 10 episodes or so from the four specials, even though they only count the first two as Season 24, which doesn't make a lot of sense since the Paramount+ movies were clearly follow-ups to the first two specials but I guess that's on brand for South Park.

Damn, guess I misunderstood the article then unfortunately. "Matt Stone and Trey Parker will return with six episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 2 to celebrate its milestone premiere. Weekly episodes will then follow.."

I assumed we would get 6 episodes on Februari. 2, then after that a couple more. But yeah, you're probably right. (Seemed too good to be true :csad:) That better be half of the season in that case, 6 episodes is nothing. I member when we used to get 20+ episodes...

Yeah I thought we were getting 6 episodes at once too. :csad:

Damn, guess I misunderstood the article then unfortunately. "Matt Stone and Trey Parker will return with six episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 2 to celebrate its milestone premiere. Weekly episodes will then follow.."

I assumed we would get 6 episodes on Februari. 2, then after that a couple more. But yeah, you're probably right. (Seemed too good to be true :csad:) That better be half of the season in that case, 6 episodes is nothing. I member when we used to get 20+ episodes...

Yeah I thought we were getting 6 episodes at once too. :csad:
I may have spoke too soon because my DVR shows that the Season 25 premiere is at 8 PM on 2/1, followed by five consecutive repeats of the same episode until 11 PM (only the premiere episode at 8 is listed as "New"). Something seems fishy about that. Why would they replay the same episode six times? Maybe they are dropping all six episodes on Wednesday but that's an odd move for cable. I guess we'll find out.

Yeah, also why would the premiere be at 8pm? Isn’t it usually at 10pm?

Yeah, also why would the premiere be at 8pm? Isn’t it usually at 10pm?
I think the two pandemic specials premiered at 8. I remember back in the day when the show absolutely couldn't air before 10 because of how raunchy it was and now Comedy Central has South Park marathons that last all day.

They did 'Gay Fish' as well. Amazing. I want to hear 'ya ya ya I am Lorde' next.
The “Gay Fish” one is my favorite. So damn catchy!

Gotta give props to the orchestra crew for being able to keep a straight face during those performances

I’m still laughing at the dude singing the Kenny part in the orchestral cover of the main theme song. Unmuffled and everything, lol.

cannot believe it took over 20 years to find out what Kenny was singing :funny:

That was a good first episode back, it really felt like classic South Park. This was the first time we saw Garrison teaching the kids again in what, 7 years? I'm hoping the remaining episodes are all self-contained with no season-long arcs either. Bring things back to basics.

I was hoping we would get three new episodes instead of just repeating the same episode three times. Oh well.

I do not appreciate that a day after watching this episode, the "Pajama Time" song is still stuck in my head. It's so damn upbeat.

I do not appreciate that a day after watching this episode, the "Pajama Time" song is still stuck in my head. It's so damn upbeat.

I honestly thought the song was made by Matt and Trey. Just found out that it’s an actual children song. Haha

Jesus when cartmen had that nightmare i nearly cried lololol

I would love to know how many views this video had before South Park used the song. I'm sure it was high already, but like a lot of songs used on shows, I would bet good money that people like me who had never even heard of it will first associate it with South Park.

That was a good first episode back, it really felt like classic South Park. This was the first time we saw Garrison teaching the kids again in what, 7 years? I'm hoping the remaining episodes are all self-contained with no season-long arcs either. Bring things back to basics.

Agreed. I have missed more conventional South Park, but now they're signed that 14 special deal you would assume anything longer than one episode would become a special. Hope so anyway. I liked the premiere. Glad to have it back.

It may be too early to tell but based on last night's episode it looks like they might be sticking back to self-contained episodes. As a side note, what's going on with Trey Parker's voice? All of his characters sounded off, including Randy. Has he been sick while recording or something?

It may be too early to tell but based on last night's episode it looks like they might be sticking back to self-contained episodes. As a side note, what's going on with Trey Parker's voice? All of his characters sounded off, including Randy. Has he been sick while recording or something?

So did Stan. Sounded like he had a cold.

I absolutely adored the airsoft episode. First off, animation-wise, it looked very good. Second, kind of like the Lord of the Rings episode, I always like episodes where it's just the boys being boys, and then generally getting along with something that they love. Them acting like parents to the teenagers felt like them growing up in a way, or just knowing what it's like to have someone just not listen to what you're saying. Plus, it was cool to see the dads get involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"