World Spider-Man 2099 Test Footage Makes Its Way Online?

M.E.H.Z.E.B

Banned Usèr
Reaction score
So, this has been making the rounds for the past few days. Don't really know what to make of it.

https://rutube.ru/video/894627fb24226e7ef0a14c4417790eb9

It comes with a description as well.
The 18 second sequence opens with a shot of a futuristic city (New York?) with a dark figure (Doc Ock/Carnage?!?!) engulfed in an energy force on top of a building. The screen reads: Get Ready. The shot shifts to a space shuttle leaving the orbit of a planet/star (possible Carnage/Venom reference?). Then, Doc Ock's mechanical claws can be seen poking through smoke. And, finally - the big reveal. Spider-Man 2099, aka Miguel O'Hara is seen in full superhero costume walking away from a volatile energy core, which explodes (suit looks freakin awesome!!!). The Spider-Man 2099 logo is revealed, and fades out.

Thoughts?

What is it like a game or something?

Would love to see a film someday. Fan made looks like.

What is it like a game or something?

There were at least a couple of games I remember with Spider-Man 2099. Web of Shadows was one of them, and Shattered Dimensions. There might be more, but that's what I remember.

That's clip of him walking is just from the Edge of Time video game, likely a shot directly from one of the trailers. Sony didn't get farther than a few emails about a Spider-Man 2099 movie, I imagine.

I read a news article (digitalspy I think) guessing about Sony perhaps incorporating a Spiderman into supposed Venom and Silver Sable/BlackCat movies after the Homecoming sequel...

I suppose an older Spiderman could make an appearance with films merely relating to an ambiguous past indirectly allowing fans pick/choose which one's they consider be in continuity. I suppose a futuristic or alternate version of Spiderman makes things a lot easier though. Footage being directly from a videogame (at least as person above me posted) not reveal much though.

I read a news article (digitalspy I think) guessing about Sony perhaps incorporating a Spiderman into supposed Venom and Silver Sable/BlackCat movies after the Homecoming sequel...

I suppose an older Spiderman could make an appearance with films merely relating to an ambiguous past indirectly allowing fans pick/choose which one's they consider be in continuity. I suppose a futuristic or alternate version of Spiderman makes things a lot easier though. Footage being directly from a videogame (at least as person above me posted) not reveal much though.

I'm hoping that this gets the ball rolling, to be fair. Spider-Man needs something fresh.

I agree.

It seems Homecoming is injecting a lot of energy back into the main character in a classical yet modern sense while adding some more modern elements (interaction with Tony Stark) into the blend.

Certain storylines/characters are better for different versions of Spiderman as the character has been cycled over in the comics and other media this past 1/2 decade.

A lot of wild rumors back right after ASM2 came out and even more far-out rumors involving other movies (not even announced as in development) just read about while searched on google briefly. Needless to say, I think Sony is less burdened with their current spinoffs with Spiderman being over in the MCU for the near future. It'll allow them to make something a bit fresher for better or worse than they had in planning stages earlier on for sure I think.

Moviepilot

Concept Art Confirms Leaked Sony E-mails About Spider-Man Spinoff Project '2099'

Newly leaked footage and a frame of concept art, circulated on 4Chan and Reddit Thursday evening, purports to confirm Sony's plans to diversify the Spider-Man franchise after backlash from leaked e-mails that the title character should be 'white' and 'not a homosexual'.

The e-mails were part of the legal licensing agreement between Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Entertainment, and included these 'mandatory traits'. However, three years after the email leaks, a fresh set of released material seems to confirm that the studios may be set to review their agreement and add a non-white actor as Spider-Man.

An 18-second unfinished raw cut of a teaser for a Spider-Man 2099 film, with Doc Ock as the villain, and possible references to Venom/Carnage was leaked to a Russian streaming site on Thursday evening and has since been shared thousands of times online sparking intense debate amongst fans about the possibility of a Spider-Man 2099 feature.

Description of the leaked video [from Reddit]:

"The trailer/teaser/test footage starts with a shadowy figure on top of a skyscraper in a futuristic city with energy beams shooting into the heavens. The figure is not very clear. But could be either Doctor Octopus, Venom or Carnage. The screen reads: ‘Get Ready’. As the music gets more intense, a space shuttle/ship narrowly escapes the atmosphere of a dying planet in outer space. Again, possible references to Venom/Carnage. At this stage, I was on the edge of my seat hoping to see a symbiote stuck to the side of the craft, or a shot of a salivating mouth with extremely bad dental work. But, what we did get was a very ominous shot of Doc Ock’s tentacles emerging from a cloud of smoke. A cool as hell shot, if I am fair. Then, the money shot. A badass Miguel O’Hara, in full Spider-Man 2099 outfit is seen walking away from a reactor overload (?), sparks flying everywhere, until finally it explodes into a supernova. The Spider-Man 2099 logo, shimmering in brilliant outline is displayed across the board, as the intense music calms, and fades into the background."

Redditors and 4Chan users are in some disagreement about the man featured in the released frame of concept art, which shows a futuristic city scene, complete with neon lights and some major grunge. Users are divided, with one group stating that it is Miguel O'Hara, the protagonist of Spider-Man 2099; while others are torn between an alternate version of Peter Parker, or Miles Morales.

The leaks appear to confirm several pieces of correspondence, among the 173,000 emails and 30,000 Sony documents leaked by North Korean hackers in 2014. In one of the e-mails, Sony Pictures’ Executive Director of Creative Advertising at Screen Gems, Juan Capdet proposed the following:

"Spider-man 2099 (2nd half 2017)- this is our Captain America-type franchise. Instead of a period WWII film, we have a futuristic New York in the year 2099. Miguel O’Hara origin story (heads up genetics department at Alchemax and becomes Spider-man). He is up against the evil conglomerate Alchemax and trying to battle either Morlun (who will chase him through time to devour him) or Kron Stone (Venom 2099). In the end the villain is defeated while battling at Alchemax and Miguel/S2099 ends up being sent back in time to present day NYC. This leads into a team up with 616-Spidey to take down Carnage (Payoff level event)."

"Spider-man 2099 2 (first half of 2020) – Miguel is stuck in the present day but is trying to get back to 2099. However he must keep Tiberius Stone (his future grandfather) alive or his whole existence will cease. S2099 encounters Mac Gargan, Scorpion and they battle it out. But will Miguel get back to his time…"

While the Doc Ock tentacles might suggest a change in villian or an addition to Venom/Carnage, the timeliness of the leaks would suggest that 2020 could be a realistic release year for the first 2099 spinoff.

Add the fact that there are strong suggestions that Marvel's upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) will feature the birth of Alchemax Industries, it expertly sets up the 2099 universe. Liz Allan — who runs Allan Company, the business that becomes Alchemax in the comics — actually features as a confirmed love interest for Peter Parker in Homecoming.

Sony and Marvel have remained tight-lipped about this so far, but with the success of Deadpool's test footage leak, which actually prompted the studio to invest in the now-wildly-successful franchise, the 2099 leaks could be a way for the producers to gauge interest and see what fans think.

https://moviepilot.com/4237694

This first posting not work please see one below.

Last edited:
Newer Article (as posted byM.E.H.Z.E.B above):
The frame of concept art is supposed to be Miguel O'Hara? The ethnicity (perhaps city in India?) is changed which I support as long as the actor who portrays him does a good job. This at least lends some more support that Sony was planning on an alternative Spiderman than that video does.

As for the video, the article talks about I thought that was just debunked by a poster above that it's from the Edge of Time videogame?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older Article:
An older rumor (supposedly deriving from e-mail leakings of 2015) I found while googling a few days ago reports on a written proposal from Sony Pictures’ Executive Director of Creative Advertising at Screen Gems Juan Capdet.

In 2015 it appears various sites reported on this (as seen here http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2...ls/#more-48165)
if anyone wishes to compare the movies supposedly proposed right before Marvel made an agreement with Sony to the more recent rumor M.E.H.Z.E.B linked to above.

Here's the movie lineup proposed as part of a far-out brainstorming session supposedly only far out rumor in older article I found:
Phase 1:

2016-ASM Prequel to ASM 2 starring Kraven and more of Norman Osborn to more fully set-up ASM2 due to try and ground it more it seems;;;; this was proposed to take the Sinister Six slot perhaps

2017-sinister six

2017-Spider-Man 2099

2018-ASM: Venom

2018-ASM: Black Cat

2019-Carnage: spiderman, venom, black cat, and 2099 all teamup face carnage

Phase 2:
2019-ASM: Jackal
2020-Spiderman 2099 2

As anyone can see, the movies differ a bit but some remain the same to the movies in the more recent rumor M.E.H.Z.E.B linked to above. This was probably no more than a brief brainstorm that hadn't really been developed upon.

More concrete News around time ASM2 released:
If anything, what was reported in the news back when ASM2 came out suggested things were more directed towards sinister six 2016 (crazy rumors about it being re-worked adding spiderman into came about later when sony getting cold feet moreso on it perhaps), a glass ceiling movie (back/forth on what this could've been), crazy rumors about aunt may, followed finally by ASM 3 seemed like the news I read. The more wild brainstorming ideas with this ton of movies seems to be just that. It seems this occurred right before Sony and Marvel came to an agreement.

Current Situation I think looks better:
Now that Homecoming sort of relieves the weight of the Spiderman franchise it seems Sony may be able to take on some of the side projects like Venom (shelved before the first ASM film was even made) as well as re-visit some of the more fanciful ideas of an aged or alternative spiderman gradually as opposed to going into overload which is what would've happened most likely I think it seems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"