Spider-Man 3 Spider-Man 3: Novelization Vs. Movie

saborlord123

Civilian
Reaction score
I was re reading some pages of the book, and was amazed on how great it is. It really flushes out the characters a whole lot, IMO. To any if you that have read it, what did you think of it vs the movie?

N O V E L I Z A T I O N
Btw, have you found the part where MJ forgives Harry and convinces him to help Peter fight off Venom and Sandman which was part of the Venom trailer (final one)? Because I heard it was part of the book and I can't find it anywhere.

N O V E L I Z A T I O N
Btw, have you found the part where MJ forgives Harry and convinces him to help Peter fight off Venom and Sandman which was part of the Venom trailer (final one)? Because I heard it was part of the book and I can't find it anywhere.
I wish I could. I would love to see that scene. I'm assuming at that point in the production Gwen was kidnapped by Venom and Sandman before they changed it to MJ.

The book obviously explains a lot that the movie leaves out,or doesn't have time to explain. I love how it goes into a deeper explanation of how the symbiote was affecting Peter. Like one thing that movie doesn't tell you(but Spidey/Venom fans already know)is how much faster and stronger the black suit made Peter. It makes him so much powerful,but in the film I think all he says is that is feels good. Which,I guess it gets the point across,but I've felt there was so much more to explain.

Does the book tell more about why Peter decides to go the church to get rid of the symbiote? I have always felt that the movie doesn't explain it well. Peter tells Eddie "Want forgiveness? Get religion" and then he later goes to the church after hurting MJ. They did that because they wanted to have a church scene similar to the comics.

Last edited:
Does the book tell more about why Peter decides to go the church to get rid of the symbiote? I have always felt that the movie doesn't explain it well. Peter tells Eddie "Want forgiveness? Get religion" and then he later goes to the church after hurting MJ. They did that because they wanted to have a church scene similar to the comics.
I don't think they ever bring up the reasoning for him going to the church. It was probably just in the film because it's been established in the comics/cartoon that the church is where he got rid of the symbiote.

I'm still sad that most of the Sandman's story arc was left on the cutting room floor. It's clear that most of the novelization only scenes were shot. The Editor's cut give us back part of the sandcastle scene, but we still need more.
RxYEdBx.jpg

K0YlDpw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still sad that most of the Sandman's story arc was left on the cutting room floor. It's clear that most of the novelization only scenes were shot. The Editor's cut give us back part of the sandcastle scene, but we still need more.
RxYEdBx.jpg

K0YlDpw.jpg
It was left out because the movie running too long. I really wish they would release the original version of this movie, now is pretty much the perfect time to do it due to No Way Home coming out (and how popular the Snyder Cut was).

I really wonder at which point in development the Doctor Wallace subplot was cut. Since it was in the novelization(which came out only a few months before the film)you would think that that would mean that it was locked into the final version of the film for most of the developing process.

Wikipedia said:
In early 2007, there were further pick-up shots regarding the resolution of Sandman's story, amounting to four different versions.[11]
The fact that there were four different versions speaks volumes about what a mess everything must have been behind the scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"