Spider-Man 3 Spider-Man 3 - Original Script

TheGreenGoblin

Civilian
Reaction score
I have been reading the making of Spider-Man 3 book and the original script interest me a whole lot. Apparently Sandman was going to be the main villain, Vulture the secondary villian, Peter would let the pride go to this head, Mary Jane would have relationship problems with Peter, and Harry would rekindle his friendship with Peter. Also, Gwen Stacy was supposedly going to be just another Girl that Peter would kiss at the key to the city ceremony like in the film. My question to you is how do you think the films plot would have played out and would it have been a better film?

Pretty hard to really tell, especially not knowing much about what the Vulture would have been like, but I'm inclined to think worse than what we did get ... Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer was Raimi's idea and always a part of the story he wanted to tell, I think that was a bad idea but in making a film that's supposed to deal with Peter's flaws and especially his vengeful side it does make sense to include the symbiote.

It would've been better if Sandman & "Hobgoblin" were saved for the fourth movie and Sam could've used the final arrangement arc for his story pitch. Also, do you find some more info about Ben Kingsley as the Vulture? I've read somewhere in the forum that Ben was in a meeting with Sam and Curtis with a intimidating look in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"