Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

Jackie chan is Chinese and pretty devoted to the Chinese government.

I reckon they’ll get Ryan potter for the gig but it would be cool to get someone like Ryusei Yokohama

My son keeps asking when the sequel will come out to "The best movie ever". I have to keep telling him he will probably be in 4th or 5th grade when it hits. Then, I imagine him as a 10-11 year old...Time and it's passage...

That's quite a statement.

"It's going to make the first movie look quaint."

Wow.

I loved the art style from the 1st movie so anything that makes it look "quaint" has got my interest piqued.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse was absolutely fantastic and beyond successful on every level: Big hit, won every single important ''Best Animated Feature'' award including the Oscar, BAFTA, Globes and sweeping the Annies, and had staggering reviews, 8,8/10 average rating on Rotten and 87 on Metacritic.

So what does Sony do? Replaces the Directors and the writers that made the film with a director who hasn't directed a single feature film in his career and a writer whose credits include: Doom (34 on Metacritic) The Expendables (45 on MC), Wonder Woman 1984 (59 on MC) Tell Tale (5,6/10 on IMDB) and Horsemen (5,4/10 on IMDB). The ''best'' thing he has ever written is Zombieland 2 which has 55 on MC and 68% on Rotten.

What were they thinking? Why mess with what was, more or less, a film with a flawless reception? Especially with a writer that hasn't written a single good film.

There's a reason behind it.

There's a reason behind it.
Sequences of chasing the Spot through portals into other dimensions could be really thrilling. I might venture to guess there could be an opportunity there for them to pop into some deep-cut alternate universes for a quick gag for a few seconds before popping into another.

Apparently Powers and Thompson have been working on this from the start and hadn’t been announced until now.

Really solid team right there.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE 2 Star Luna Lauren Velez Teases Bigger Role For Rio Morales (Exclusive)

As we're sure you'll recall, the actress played Rio Morales in the Oscar-winning first movie, and it sounds like Luna will have a lot more to do as Miles' mom in the highly anticipated sequel.

"Yes, we are in the process of doing the sequel," Luna revealed, seemingly confirming that she's already recorded at least some dialogue for the movie. "We've already begun, and I have to say, there's a wonderful story arc for Rio in this one and I'm really excited about it."

Hopefully we'll see him married to MJ again and perhaps with a kid. I'm always rooting for May/Spider-Girl to show up in any of these possible scenarios, just drop her in there not even necessarily as Spider-Girl for the shoutout. I'd take it here or in No Way Home in the Raimiverse. Still Marvel's longest running female-led book!

Wonder how long this takes place after the first film. Will it just be a few days/weeks/months, or are we going to get a whole time-skip of about a few years? If it’s the latter, I wonder if we’ll see Miles and Gwen in a full-on relationship, or if’s strictly platonic? Personally, would like the characters to be aged up a bit, since we don’t really seem to get that much in animated films like this. Would be a great opportunity to show the passage of time and how much Miles has grown.

If Peter and MJ do have a young kid, I guess you could just use multiversal rules, ala Gwen traveling back a week early, to explain why so much time has passed for them and not for Miles’ universe.

Spot would be a cool villain.

I saw Into the Verse in 2018 but I didn't see the post credit until yesterday. Spider-Man 2099 would be a nice addition to the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"