Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

Sweet. hoping that it's similar to the SSM cartoon! :D

so this will be a prequel to the 2017 film?

this is weird... that makes 2018 super crowded with mcu films

SOOO

If this isn't live action and it's tied into the MCU. Does that mean we could finally see Dr. Doom in the MCU? Or at least a version of him?

Press release:

On July 20, 2018, Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, the directors of The Lego Movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and 21 and 22 Jump Street, are taking Spider-Man back to his graphic roots with the first-of-its-kind animated Spider-Man feature, it was announced today at CinemaCon by Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group. The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.

Lord & Miller are masterminding the project, writing the treatment and producing the film.

As previously announced, Spider-Man will next appear in a live-action Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, a live-action film being produced by Kevin Feige at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. The animated film from Lord & Miller, dated July 20, 2018, has Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Pascal also serving as producers.

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

"The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing."

It will be it's own thing.

Avi Arad though? Really? :whatever:

Here's hoping he doesn't scare off Lord and Miller. This also increases the chances that they'll take on a live action flick one day too!

This is kinda weird though. To have not only the reboot but an animated feature in a different universe at the same time.. confusing.

However this pretty much confirms that we wont be getting yearly live action spider-man man sequels

Welp, looks likey sony is gonna milk the spidey cow dry.
I wonder if they'll just let marvel have control over the live action and they do what they want with the animated version.

if they're smart they'll make this direct to blu-ray and not theatrical

Welp, looks likey sony is gonna milk the spidey cow dry.
I wonder if they'll just let marvel have control over the lice action and they do whatbthey want with the animated version.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Keep rothman, avi and pascal busy with their animated project lmao

So what are the chances the animated Spider-man would be Miles Morales.

Sigh. Sony,

Sony,

HXtoKpF.gif

A3dQChG.gif

Lord and Miller are talented but nobody wants this.

2 movie Spider-Man is gonna be confusing

I'm super glad we get new high profile animation, but I don't know how it's gonna work having 2 parallel Spideys (the animated could be Miles Morales maybe?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"