• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Comics Spider-man is now a Vampire?

fangrl06

Sidekick
Reaction score
Did I miss something? I just picked up "It takes one to kill one: BLADE", and I am completely confused.
How did Spider-man become a Vampire? What is he doing fighting BLADE? Is this story line tied into the Ultimate story line, in which he was bitten by a Vampire?

It's in the 616, not the ultimate universe...and we have no idea about any of your other questions, the book is very poorly written and doesnt make much sense in any respect.

SM was in it to boost sales thats it.No real point to move along the story or anything.

deathshead2 said:
SM was in it to boost sales thats it.No real point to move along the story or anything.
That sucks. I thought it was a good idea to make SM a vampire, especially with civil war going on, but it is a shame the story makes absolutely no sense.

Wait, thats 616 cannon? Does Blade kill SM or anything else stupid happen as well?

Blade basically shoots out his knees and hands him over to SHIELD, telling them that Spidey just needs to cool off, and his special radioactive blood will eventually reverse the effcts of vampirism... he heard about it in an in depth profile on Spidey on TV... because its common knowledge....

WTFimVENOM said:
Wait, thats 616 cannon? Does Blade kill SM or anything else stupid happen as well?
Blade shoots off SM's knee caps

oh, oops. Yeah, that guy has it covered^

Just when I didn't think Spider-Man books could get any worst, I read this. His freaking knee caps???? Vampirism? When the hell did all of this happen? What book is this in?

Arach Knight said:
Just when I didn't think Spider-Man books could get any worst, I read this. His freaking knee caps???? Vampirism? When the hell did all of this happen? What book is this in?
Hey, I think the SM comics are great right now. Besides, it was a 1st issue Blade and not SM. It's "BLADE: Takes one to kill one."
BTW, love your sig. where's it from?

Lol, what the hell.

Does anybody have any scans:huh:

fangrl06 said:
Hey, I think the SM comics are great right now. Besides, it was a 1st issue Blade and not SM. It's "BLADE: Takes one to kill one."
BTW, love your sig. where's it from?

Even worst...it's for Blade? They are really trying to save that property. Especially after the show just got cancelled. But why try to piggy back on Spidey in the most silly fashion. As for Spider-Man books, I don't read them currently. After the unmasking, I figured that was enough punishment for me. First Sins Past, then The Other and now Mr.Parker Goes to Washington. Three storylines I'll never come to like. But Spidey is still my favorite super hero, even if his books aren't keeping me interested right now. Oh and my signature is from Ultimate Spider-Man. It was a conversation that Gwen and Peter were having with Aunt May, when Aunt May was going on a week long trip. She told them "No hanky panky" and that was the reply that Peter and Gwen gave her. Just one of many dialouges that show just how amazing Brian Michael Bendis is, when it comes to comic book writing. That man can do no wrong I tell you...

arachnid-guy said:
I think he means..of the issue in question.
What the hell else would I mean:huh:

"Hey, wanna buy some scans? 10 bucks and ounce, get ya a good high, man:hyper: "

Arach Knight said:
Even worst...it's for Blade? They are really trying to save that property. Especially after the show just got cancelled. But why try to piggy back on Spidey in the most silly fashion. As for Spider-Man books, I don't read them currently. After the unmasking, I figured that was enough punishment for me. First Sins Past, then The Other and now Mr.Parker Goes to Washington. Three storylines I'll never come to like. But Spidey is still my favorite super hero, even if his books aren't keeping me interested right now. Oh and my signature is from Ultimate Spider-Man. It was a conversation that Gwen and Peter were having with Aunt May, when Aunt May was going on a week long trip. She told them "No hanky panky" and that was the reply that Peter and Gwen gave her. Just one of many dialouges that show just how amazing Brian Michael Bendis is, when it comes to comic book writing. That man can do no wrong I tell you...
lol...oh. Well there's an example right there of a good SM series right now. Didn't you read Ult. SM issue 100? Good stuff. And about the whole unmasking thing, I think it's good because they were running out of story lines. Now the book could go anywhere. Back to the Blade thing, I agree with the person who posted earlier and said SM was on the cover to boost sales.

Hades said:
What the hell else would I mean:huh:

"Hey, wanna buy some scans? 10 bucks and ounce, get ya a good high, man:hyper: "

Look above my post.

Look at Fangirls post.

I was only settin' her straight on your post, Hades. :o

She was confused....so I told her!

arachnid-guy said:
Look above my post.

Look at Fangirls post.

I was only sticking up for ya Hades. :o
Sticking up for him? I never bashed him. I just didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

fangrl06 said:
Sticking up for him? I never bashed him. I just didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Yeah...I accidentaly wrote that....look @ my edited post.

:wow:

arachnid-guy said:
Yeah...I accidentaly wrote that....look @ my edited post.

:wow:
Oh, it's cool. Don't worry about it. Anyway, back to Vampire/SM. I would have liked to see a Vampire SM vs. Blade had it been written correctly. Too bad it wasn't.

I am not reading Ultimate Spider-Man again until issue 104 (when they pass Stan and Kirby's record). But even then i'm not sure, because I am sort of on a Marvel boycott...

Arach Knight said:
I am not reading Ultimate Spider-Man again until issue 104 (when they pass Stan and Kirby's record). But even then i'm not sure, because I am sort of on a Marvel boycott...
what? why?

so now blade is taking his turn kicking SM's ass and making him a joke of thMU. they are really out to ruin and humiliate this character, boycott for

HoratioRome said:
so noe blade is taking his turn kicking SM's ass and making him a jike of thMU. they are really out to ruin and humiliate this character, boycott for
:huh: I'm sorry...what?

Well i'm interested in at least buying Utlimate Spider-Man #104, because mark my words, from issue 100-104, you will have a set of books that will later amass some serious value. Especially the books that match and pass the Lee and Kirby run as the longest running collaboration on a single book. Anways, i'm currently parting from Marvel books, because I got tired of the bad story lines, especially for Spidey.

House of M
Sins Past
The Other
Mr.Parker Goes to Washington
Civil War

All of those are utter garbage (I mean the main Civil War by the way. Frontline is actually entertaining) that have just pissed me off one too many times back to back. They didn't even pace themselves. You'd have to look for the other threads in this forum for the whole story. There is way too much to explain. But making Spider-Man into a vampire, who gets knee capped by Blade, isn't helping any. It's just another example of the downhill slide. Oh did I mention the fact that they got Jeph Loeb, one of the best writers from the DC camp. That would be awesome news, if he was actually doing work on a continuity book. Instead he is doing a new book, that has nothing to do with continuity. Way to squander talent Marvel. In the meantime, DC has me more than content.

I'll give you Sins of the Past, but there are some SM titles out that aren't bad. Marvel Knights was good for a while, Ultimate is good, and Civil War will be over before you know it. SM always has a good title out.
:spidey: :venom: :gg: :sym: :bomb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"