• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gripmoonwolf-khal-drogo-s-response-to-anything-in-the-common-tongue.jpg

Imagine what kind of effect it would have on everything Kevin Feige presented on the Investors Day, if Homecoming 3 will get delayed. The investors put their money into all these projects and KF would‘ve assured, that there is something in the Sony/Marvel contract, that prevents Sony from delaying Spiderman 3. If Morbius and Venom coming out later, than Sony has to deal with this mess by themselves.

Last edited:
And if the pandemic isn't over by then? Just shove them out into theaters and let them flop?

Even after the pandemic we dont have billion dollar movies, another argument is that they are waiting so many movies in the pipelines right now, cinemas will have enough to show.

Delaying everything is not a plan. The investors have seen s concept, that might get them their money back and it seems, they‘re fine with it. KF is kind of untouchable, but he‘s not the person who does the final decision.
They could not produce movie after movie and sit on a pile of content for the next years.
Also a few series on Disney+ could be released prior to the movies but not all if them. And they couldn’t risk to loose subscribers because of delaying the announced projects. So yeah, some movies will bomb, but sacrifices those are the sacrifices for the bigger plan - streaming is the priority now

Another topic is, that even after vaccination, people stay infectious. Some mutations are immune to the vaccine- so this is a situation, that might go for many years

The fact that SM3 was the only movie not to get delayed means that they are hoping to still release it in December.

I do think its bizarre that they delayed Morbius into next year. Sony must have some outrageous expectations for it if they think delaying it will help bring in big box office numbers. They are better off sending it to stream at this point.

And if the pandemic isn't over by then? Just shove them out into theaters and let them flop?
Sony might want to take a look at WB is doing and follow suit. If this thing truly isn't over or properly regulated in years, I don't think folks will be much happy to wait more two/three years to see these movies.

Things will only go back to be normal when a significant amount of the population is vaccinated and that is going to take a while.

Venom 2 and Spider-Man 3 will be delayed some time soon, I think. If they ain't releasing Morbius this year, then they ain't releasing Venom or Spidey.

There's apparently a rumor (shocking, I know) circling around that says SM3 and a potential SM4 will be shot back-to-back. Highly skeptical of this, but on an hypothetical level, it would help SM3 not feel potentially crowded.

There's apparently a rumor (shocking, I know) circling around that says SM3 and a potential SM4 will be shot back-to-back. Highly skeptical of this, but on an hypothetical level, it would help SM3 not feel potentially crowded.

I dont buy it. File under I will believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't rule out a crowded movie tbh. people like to say oh Marvel will keep it small and tight... but Marvel are gonna do Multiverse of Madness. and thats probably gonna be even more crowded then Spider-man 3. especially if they wanna make good use of everything they can get out of the multiverse. so i could believe Sony would want SM3 to be of event levels, because it certainly sounds like Marvels next movie will be of event levels.

And we have to remember that the deal clearly didn't go very well last time and they parted ways for abit. and while yeah they decided to renew 2 more spider-man appearances, you know they probably also squeezed more that they could get out of each other for those 2 movie appearances. so yeah i could see Sony and Marvel pushing the barriers in case there don't renew again. which means Sony probably want this movie to be big.

If Sony see that Marvel are going for something bigger, course they will want their movie to be just as big. fair is fair after all.

Last edited:
Regardless glad SM3 isn't being delayed. Marvel knows who their breadwinner is...and he's dead now so Spider-Man is next.

*rimshot*

Well, not being delayed yet at least.
If anything there's Disney+ I guess? I mean Black Widow is only being held back because it's plo and outcome don't effect the MCU's current arc.

They'll want to kick it off with SM3 or DS: MoM. Considering the route IW set and WandaVision and Loki are continue.

Would Sony actually let Disney put it on Disney+? its abit complicated because its Sony who is profiting most from the Spider-man movies. not Marvel.

Here's something that just came to mind: assuming SM3 does end up getting delayed... where does it stand chronologically in MCU's Phase 4? Do its events occur before or after Multiverse Of Madness?

If it's the former, then it can't be released after Doctor Strange's sequel, unless they delay that one too.

I'm expecting the whole Marvel slate to get shuffled again soon. Almost no chance Black Widow still makes May.

I do feel this film would benefit from being split into two but I don't think that rumor is true.

DanielRPK says Tobey has started filming. Maybe he's part of this sequence involving a huge set.

I think he and Garfield are definitely part of the January 26th filming and onwards, especially with big sets which have to be for huge setpieces aka the climax for instance.

So, what do you guys think the chances are of an actual reference to SM3 in WandaVision?

High I'd say. I'm still expecting some sort of segway in Wandavision's last episode.

So, what do you guys think the chances are of an actual reference to SM3 in WandaVision?

Actually really low. Like 2 %. Wanda has nothing to do with Peter and he has nothing to do with magical/multiverse things. Its obvious Strange will get the after credit scene in my opinion.

High I'd say. I'm still expecting some sort of segway in Wandavision's last episode.

It'll probably be a small-ish Easter egg. I'm not sure we'll be getting a Tobey Maguire cameo, as awesome as that would be.

Actually really low. Like 2 %. Wanda has nothing to do with Peter and he has nothing to do with magical/multiverse things. Its obvious Strange will get the after credit scene in my opinion.
That's the most likely option, but that could still count as a segway into SM3 given that Strange will be involved in it.

It'll probably be a small-ish Easter egg. I'm not sure we'll be getting a Tobey Maguire cameo, as awesome as that would be.
Oh that last one definitely ain't happening, awesome as it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"