• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that Maguire and Garfield will be in promo material for this film? I'd say very low, given how close to the vest Marvel and Sony continue to play this. I wouldn't mind that, I'd prefer some sort of surprise when I actually watch the film.

I can't see Sony not advertising the fact that they're in this movie eventually (and the main factor that's getting people talking so much about it), it's just impossible to me.

I can't see Sony not advertising the fact that they're in this movie eventually (and the main factor that's getting people talking so much about it), it's just impossible to me.

They did an admirable job of keeping the fact that Mysterio was actually the villain of FFH out of the trailers and other promo stuff, though anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Spidey lore already predicted that he was. Maybe they'll save the reveal of the other two Spideys for a "Hey, everyone!" moment at the end of a later trailer.

One thing I'm certain is that we'll definitely see them in previews. Maybe not in the first trailer, but afterwards for sure.

Normally I would say that there's no guarantee that we're getting the two other Spideys, but there's no way they'd bring back Molina and Foxx without Maguire and Garfield returning alongside them.

Seeing Tobey in the suit again...and,hopefully see a redheaded Kirsten along side him would be so epic for me.

They wont be able to hide Tobey and Andrew. They will be a selling point. Its kind of like Wonder Woman in BvS, she doesnt show up til the end but she was a bug part of the marketing for that movie because they had to sell toys and merchandise and stuff.

I still wish they didn't put Wonder Woman and especially Doomsday in the trailers.

As far as this goes, it'd be great if they didn't show them in the marketing but no way Sony resists. Only chance is if their roles are very minimal.

We're talking about the same studio that put Michael Keaton into the Morbius trailer even though that's definitely nothing more than an ending tease.

Anything that'll remotely put more butts in seats will be in the trailer.

I'm betting they'll reveal Andrew and Tobey at the end of one of the trailers. Like with the Spidey reveal in civil war.

They'll definitely be a trailer stinger, no doubt.

I absolutely hope we get to see Maguire in the suit for the promo material. It's been so many years, so when that first look drops people are gonna lose their minds

I don't think Toby and Andrew will be in the movie poster personally. they may appear in the trailer though.

I think their role will be in service of Hollands Spider-man. their roles won't be their own thing. this is Hollands movie still. he is the main guy.

One thing they will not do in marketing is make Toby and Andrew the main selling point. they may use them to boost interest, but they won't take focus off the main guy and probably the MCU.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer started with a voiceover from Maguire or Garfield or something for that immediate sensation. At this point, you can't put anything past Sony when it comes to marketing. This is the same studio that put the literal final shot of Amazing Spider-Man 2 in one of their trailers.

tasm2-vs-rhino-1439500630.gif

Not to mention that cool shot of Iron Man flying alongside Spider-Man is nowhere in Homecoming, but that sort of thing specifically isn't new.

I don't think Toby and Andrew will be in the movie poster personally. they may appear in the trailer though.

I think their role will be in service of Hollands Spider-man. their roles won't be their own thing. this is Hollands movie still. he is the main guy.

One thing they will not do in marketing is make Toby and Andrew the main selling point. they may use them to boost interest, but they won't take focus off the main guy and probably the MCU.
You really don't know how Sony's mind works, do you?

Maguire and Garfield being in it will be main selling points whether one likes it or not.

You really don't know how Sony's mind works, do you?

Maguire and Garfield being in it will be main selling points whether one likes it or not.

Im going by how movie posters and movie trailers have worked in the past. and if you take everything into consideration, this is usually how it works with the posters. and if they do appear it will be in a small corner of the poster or something while Hollands Spider-man is upfront and center.

What studios tend to do is not overshadow their main actor in movie posters. and i don't think this movie will end up about 3 spider-men. it will just involve 3 spider-men at some point. and a dozen villains at that. and Doctor Strange. and whoever else Sony wants in the movie.

Yep. It's one thing to have understandable predictions, but Sony's history of advertising Spider-Man movies makes me highly doubt that they'll resist marketing Maguire and Garfield being in SM3 big time. Even if they're not featured prominently in the first trailer, which will most likely be the case, they'll probably be a stinger or saved for the next one.

You can't argue that Sony won't take advantage of the main aspects that are drawing so many people to this movie given previous examples 100% unironically. :dry:

Circumstances are abit different with this one. i think fans tend to overestimate the role that Toby and Andrew will have. and the more time that goes by and we don't hear anything the more fans start to underestimate their roles... when chances are it will end up being somewhere in the middle in terms of screentime. probably a civil war type deal.

And then of course Doctor strange is in the movie. they will probably put him on the poster in a big way. you also have several who knows how many villains... will they appear on the poster? and course they will include MJ and Ned and whatever.

I just think this movie will end up being too big for them to care all that much about the poster. the poster will be more defined. good looking but defined. while the trailers will be more event-driven crazy.

Last edited:
Seems to me like you are greatly underestimating Maguire and Garfield's draw to this movie, and given your obvious biased opinion, you're not looking at things in an objective and realistic manner. Don't exactly act surprised why some folks on here can't see where you're coming from.

This is not even about their screentime. Sony, and I emphasize this, will advertise them being in SM3 in promos and possibly other marketing. It is literally impossible for them to do the opposite.

Pationatelly waiting for that MORBIUS poster, where Michael Keaton is featured. Lol

Seems to me like you are greatly underestimating Maguire and Garfield's draw to this movie, and given your obvious biased opinion, you're not looking at things in an objective and realistic manner. Don't exactly act surprised why some folks on here can't see where you're coming from.

Oh i can understand why some folk can't see where im coming from. what im saying is not favourable to hear. but i am also looking at it in a realistic manner. i base my expectations on what we know and what we are hearing. not what i would like to happen. after all id prefer this was more a multiverse movie first and a identy story 2nd. but i think its gonna be the otherway round so im gonna lower my expectations based on that.

Just look at the Civil War poster... Spider-man doesn't appear on that. he appears in the trailer, but he doesn't appear in the poster. and many fans would have argued nah Marvel will have him upfront because its spiderman! but no it didn't happen. the posters were more defined.

And again we don't know what role they will have in the movie. best guess it will be a Civil war type scenario. and then of course Doctor strange, the villains, and who know who else Sony throws in. Venom may even be there for all we know. there might be other spider-men that appear like Spider-gwen. its all marketing mathmatics im basing it all on. because i really think they will go all out with this movie, but not in a 3 SPIDER-MAN: THE MOVIE! type way.

The reason you define the poster is to say yeah sure we are going crazy with this movie... but this is guy is still the main focus. and oh look some cool effects and mysterious stuff that hints to spiderverse!

Last edited:
Civil War is a Marvel Studios movie, Homecoming 3 is a Sony film mostly, and we have seen that they do whatever they want regarding marketing and don't care if they spoil things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"