• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if some heroes from Avengers will show up to help out.
Holland's Spidey is tied with MCU.
If a threat on the scale of Sinister 6 show up and wreck havok, why wouldn't any Avenger be called in? Why only Spider-Men?

Winter Soldier, Falcon, Ant-Man or War Machine - I can see atleast one of them showing up.
Hawkeye and his daughter could appear too.

Well if you can have several spider-men on screen... i ain't sure you would need the avengers. i mean Sony have

Toby's Spider-man
Andrew's Spider-man
Hollands Spider-man
SpiderGwen or Spiderwomen (maybe both)
Mile's spider-man
Venom (Might count. possibly)

And there are others too. perhaps thats enough to be its own thing?

Well if you can have several spider-men on screen... i ain't sure you would need the avengers. i mean Sony have

Toby's Spider-man
Andrew's Spider-man
Hollands Spider-man
SpiderGwen or Spiderwomen (maybe both)
Mile's spider-man
Venom (Might count. possibly)

And there are others too. perhaps thats enough to be its own thing?
Good point.
But if S6 shows up in MCUverse and don't remain in another part of multiverse, characters from Avengers will notice the presence of the six super villains.
And they will be ready to step in if needed.

Starting to wonder if Maguire or Garfield would come back if asked.

Maguire is rather disliked in Hollywood and that's a major reason why he never gets work anymore.

Garfield and the studio fell out in late 2014 and it's one of the reasons why the deal with Marvel Studios was made and/or he wasn't brought into the MCU with the deal.

Times a great healer. i'm sure Sony and Garfield have put any issues behind them at this point. and Garfield still seems to have love for the character.

Toby probably could be convinced to come back. even if out of the 2 he would be the one with more demands.

And if Sony/Marvel want them back. then that's all that matters. the rest is in negotiation.

Starting to wonder if Maguire or Garfield would come back if asked.

Maguire is rather disliked in Hollywood and that's a major reason why he never gets work anymore.

Garfield and the studio fell out in late 2014 and it's one of the reasons why the deal with Marvel Studios was made and/or he wasn't brought into the MCU with the deal.

Sam Raimi is the only guy in Hollywood who seems to have worked well with Maguire. Everyone else has horror stories. Charlize Theron, James Franco, others. Then there's that story about Joe Manganiello being bribed by a crew member to actually punch him in the face because he was a terror on set.

Yea I'm surprised they didn't just recast him for Spider-Man 2 with Jake Gyllenhaal even after Maguire's back injury got better.

Early 2000's Jake Gyllenhaal would have been totally spot on casting.

With SM2 Toby was negotiating hard with Sony. Then he hurt his back and found out Sony were gonna recast, and then he desperately wanted back.

Yea I'm surprised they didn't just recast him for Spider-Man 2 with Jake Gyllenhaal even after Maguire's back injury got better.

Well, you gotta put yourself in the context of 2003 . Maguire's first installment as Spiderman was pretty popular, and the franchise had just begun.

Yeah, there were threats , but ultimately, they knew it would have been a dangerous gamble at that point to try recast the lead after a hugely successful and popular first film, with a universally praised lead in Maguire.

It probably wouldn't have gone over well had they done that, and they would have been on the defensive basically the whole time defending a decision to recast the role.

Also , having seen the derision of the Schumacer constant Batman recast , which wasn't that far in the past in 2003, probably also deterred them from recasting so soon and going with a lesser known quantity in Gyllenhaal.

Gyllenhaal's Peter would have been a different Peter Parker, but I agree, he could have made a good Spiderman around that time.

Given the mask joke, I think it’s safe to assume it’s from the current filming.

I remember that rumour, I was thinking he will be a good replacement.

Jake Gyllenhaal narrowly missed out on being both Spider-Man and Batman.

I wonder if that photo might be more than just a little joke or reminder for us all to wear a mask. Maybe coronavirus could be something that happened in the MCU?

I'm probably just reaching here but it's an interesting thought no less :wow:.

i wonder what the new suit will look like , i mean sure he's on the run but i m sure happy will help him out again like he did in far from home

I wonder if that photo might be more than just a little joke or reminder for us all to wear a mask. Maybe coronavirus could be something that happened in the MCU?

I'm probably just reaching here but it's an interesting thought no less :wow:.
I think you're looking too much into it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"