• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

The film would have benefited with just GG, Doc Ock and Electro as the villains.
That's basically what it was anyway. Sandman and Lizard were essentially just CGI henchmen and the most important thing either of them did was provide backstory exposition to MCU Peter/audience members who've never seen the Raimi or Webb movies.

That must be confusing. everyone forgot who he was and that he existed, but he still has a money fund in the bank.

I think you’re missing it. People at the bank don’t need to know who Peter is/was beforehand to look up his account information when he walks in an asks to withdraw, etc. He’s essentially starting over in terms of introducing himself. He still has a NY state ID, it’s just the person at the desk who issued it doesn’t remember the name Peter Parker. It’s still in the system.

MJ now knows that he is Peter Parker because he ordered a coffee from her and introduced himself. She later said it back to him when she gave him the coffee, so she didn’t forget again. It’s not like he’s a ghost now.

Which is maybe why Peter moves away from his neighborhood to his new apartment. A new start with new faces, etc.

My guess is May (or Stark?) left a little money to him and he clearly didn't graduate from high school because he had a GED book in the box he brought to his new apartment.

Yeah from the looks of it, after he chose not to try and regain his relationship with Ned and MJ he left HS after that. There was still a semester left to finish and he didn't want to be around them. Biggest reason probably being that it would be too painful for him. But another could be that he didn't want to risk them somehow warming up to him and wanting to get close to him on their own.

I don't think MJ and Ned are gone for good but they may take a break from the two in the next film and introduce new side characters and maybe even a love interest. Maybe Peter meets his Gwen? Or someone closer to his level like a Felicia Hardy instead?

Yeah from the looks of it, after he chose not to try and regain his relationship with Ned and MJ he left HS after that. There was still a semester left to finish and he didn't want to be around them. Biggest reason probably being that it would be too painful for him. But another could be that he didn't want to risk them somehow warming up to him and wanting to get close to him on their own.

I could see Zendaya having Dune-level screentime
as MJ in Spider-Man 4. Sony will still want to market her involvement in the picture.

This was a pretty good movie despite putting the final nail in the coffin of erasing uncle Ben (not to mention confirming Oscorp, Goblin and the other villains just don't exist in the mcu at all). The ending could also serve as a soft reset as far as Peter's future in the movies go, but I dunno if I'd hold out hope for a new supporting cast and back to basics quite yet.

Last edited:
That's basically what it was anyway. Sandman and Lizard were essentially just CGI henchmen and the most important thing either of them did was provide backstory exposition to MCU Peter/audience members who've never seen the Raimi or Webb movies.

It was great to hear more of Thomas Haden Church's voice though. Him having so little dialogue in SM3 is one of my few remaining gripes about that movie. Why would you hire an actor with a voice like that and have him mostly silent?

My interpretation of the spell is that it's a memory thing. Peter Parker exists on paper, but people's memory of him and his connection to Spider-Man has been erased.

My guess is May (or Stark?) left a little money to him and he clearly didn't graduate from high school because he had a GED book in the box he brought to his new apartment.

Marvel (seemingly) purposely left it vague to allow freedom for the new creative forces for the next film.
But then wouldn’t someone like Happy know May had a nephew? How does he remember how he met May in the first place? I can buy people remember meeting Spider-Man and somehow don’t remember also spending time with Parker. But Happy must surely be confused how he knows who Aunt May is.

It was great to hear more of Thomas Haden Church's voice though. Him having so little dialogue in SM3 is one of my few remaining gripes about that movie. Why would you hire an actor with a voice like that and have him mostly silent?
Yeah, it did feel like he had more lines in this, which is bizarre.

The action scenes could have been a bit better. They weren't as memorable as in Raimi's movies. The final battle was great to watch but I have already forgotten how most of the villians were beaten. The most memorable fight was the final one between Spidey and Goblin. That was great.

The action scenes could have been a bit better. They weren't as memorable as in Raimi's movies. The final battle was great but I have already forgotten how most of the villians were beaten. The most memorable fight was the final one between Spidey and Goblin. That was great.

Electro's depowered by Ock, Sandman's depowered by Tobey-Spidey, Lizard's depowered by Andrew-Spidey, and MCU Spidey purges the Goblin from Norman with the formula.

Last edited:
But then wouldn’t someone like Happy know May had a nephew? How does he remember how he met May in the first place? I can buy people remember meeting Spider-Man and somehow don’t remember also spending time with Parker. But Happy must surely be confused how he knows who Aunt May is.

I think it's equally confusing as forgetting who Peter is, but recalling working with Spider-man despite knowing who he was the whole time. Not knowing May was Spidey's aunt, but recalling their time together just seems an additional, but similar detail and since it's a spell I think the logic is meant to be a little loose.

In my view these details are just fuzzy in their heads, much like the villains memories of their own demise.

Although people he’s met don’t remember him, etc. Peter Parker didn’t get erased from existence. He still has access to whatever $$ he had, and maybe even whatever May left. We know he was planning on going to MIT. Maybe, like MJ, he too had a side job to put money aside that we just never saw. Repairing computers on the side, or something.

The place didn’t look particularly nice, and maybe by the time of a sequel he’ll have realized that he needs a roommate to help cover rent—New York City is expensive!
He lives in NYC. The average 17 year old cant afford a 1 bedroom apartment unless he's rich. We're talking rent over $2000/month. I dont see any part time job he may have done covering even a fraction of that. He may have been planning on going to MIT, but that wasnt an unreasonable goal considering student loans and financial aid exist and I bet thats how he expected to cover that

On s slightly unrelated note, New York rent seems crazy!

He lives in NYC. The average 17 year old cant afford a 1 bedroom apartment unless he's rich. We're talking rent over $2000/month. I dont see any part time job he may have done covering even a fraction of that. He may have been planning on going to MIT, but that wasnt an unreasonable goal considering student loans and financial aid exist and I bet thats how he expected to cover that

Plus the money his Aunt May would have left him.

The whole banter between all 3 on the scaffolding was pure gold. ""No, you....you are amazing. will you say it?". Tobey's delivery of that was perfect and andrew reluctantly accepting haha. I could watch a movie with all 3 just talking for hours straight.

I think folks have to stop thinking about this from a scientific POV. It's magic; inaccurate and full of inconsistencies. It's kind of why Strange started to lose focus to more detailed Peter kept making his request in the beginning.

The whole banter between all 3 on the scaffolding was pure gold. ""No, you....you are amazing. will you say it?". Tobey's delivery of that was perfect and andrew reluctantly accepting haha. I could watch a movie with all 3 just talking for hours straight.

And Andrew agreeing to be called “Peter 3” and saying “I love you” before all three swing together for the first time.

I think folks have to stop thinking about this from a scientific POV. It's magic; inaccurate and full of inconsistencies. It's kind of why Strange started to lose focus to more detailed Peter kept making his request in the beginning.

It's bit like trying to explain old man Steve at the end of Endgame , and how he got there.
Yeah, you can try to bring logic to the illogical and point out the flaws, but ultimately, either you go with it or you don't.

The scaffolding banter was an absolute delight. I loved how they just let it go on for several minutes and let the 3 Peters just talk to each other.

And uuuuuughhhhhh when the three of them joyously swung into battle together with the Giacchino score swelling! Just pure yes.

Was I seeing things but did anyone catch what I thought was a FF Easter egg? I could have sworn I saw FF plaza in the art end credits

I gotta say, I think they handled the MCU Spidey's suit here a lot better than previous appearances. The ratio of CGI and real looking shots of the suit was much better and appropriate, there were a lot of times where I was looking at the suit and it looked real and I couldn't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"