No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

It would be pretty dark and depressing if the "reformed" villains were sent back to the exact moment before their respective deaths.

Can you imagine this Norman returing to his world only to see the goblin glider coming directly at him?

FaintImperfectAzurewingedmagpie-max-1mb.gif
I was actually hoping that would happen lol

Could the ending be too harsh for its own good? I remember Peter ever having literally no friends and no support at all
I'm all for heavy in our comic books but yeah I found that unnecessarily harsh. I imagine this is what they wanted to do from early on so that Tom's Spidey can interact more with the Sony Universe without the "but what about" stuff.

Anyway, all this film did was make me pine for more Garfield. If what Sony are doing can bring him back I'm all for it even if they are hacks.

Could the ending be too harsh for its own good? I remember Peter ever having literally no friends and no support at all
It makes for an interesting change at the start of a new film. Really hammers the great responsibility sacrifice part home. Of course Spidey won't stay without friends over the course of a whole new film but it feels stranger to me that the other heroes won't know of him.

I heard that the three Spider-Men were successful in 'curing' the five villains before sending them back to their respective universes. So does that mean their timelines were also altered as well? A reformed Norman Osborn wouldn't go forward with what he did in the original Raimi films.
Theoretically that's right. It should have a beneficial impact on those universes.

I did find that humorous. Norman causes absolute mayhem in the MCU and then gets to go home where a second chance awaits.

I did find that humorous. Norman causes absolute mayhem in the MCU and then gets to go home where a second chance awaits.

Yeah but at the end of the day none of them were inherently bad people. Some of them were victims of their own flawed science (Osborn/Octavius/Connors), Marko was just desperate to help his dying daughter, and Dillon just wanted someone to notice him.

I know that doesn't excuse the bad things they did but they were not the way they were because they were rotten at their core.

But wouldn't that create a new branch in the multiverse? Raimi Norman is still dead in one the Tobey universe while this one goes to a separate one.

But wouldn't that create a new branch in the multiverse? Raimi Norman is still dead in one the Tobey universe while this one goes to a separate one.

I thought they were pulled out of their worlds before they died? Isn't that why Ock was asking Holland's Peter what did he do with his machine? Then at the end they were returned back to their own universe all cured.

Or am I completely misunderstanding this.

Yeah but at the end of the day none of them were inherently bad people. Some of them were victims of their own flawed science (Osborn/Octavius/Connors), Marko was just desperate to help his dying daughter, and Dillon just wanted someone to notice him.

I know that doesn't excuse the bad things they did but they were not the way they were because they were rotten at their core.
I mean I get it for most of them just not Osborn who really sets himself apart from the other villains with his actions.

Look at his roll call in this film.

First introduction is him pumpkin bombing a number of cars that could of had civilians whereas Ock mostly just had eyes for Peter.

Manipulates Peter from the off to a final crescendo where he murders May.

Attempted murder of Tobey Spidey.

The rest of them look like pip squeaks compared to him and you'd be forgiven for thinking thinking it was going to go somewhere bar being sent back.

That being said if this means I see Defoe again in a Spidey film I'm happy to see it.

I think that was the whole point of the end moment with Tom and Tobey though - no matter how bad Goblin was, they still went through and cured him so he could be better

I just saw it and I really enjoyed it. Magure and Garfield were great. I expected them but that scene when they appeared was awesome. It was great to see them. Villians were the weakest part in my opinion. They didn't have enought screen time. Dafoe and Molina were great of course. I wish we would have seen Sandman in human form more. That one scene looked like it was just taken from Spider-Man 3. It looks like the actor wasn't even on the set.

I mean I get it for most of them just not Osborn who really sets himself apart from the other villains with his actions.

Look at his roll call in this film.

First introduction is him pumpkin bombing a number of cars that could of had civilians whereas Ock mostly just had eyes for Peter.

Manipulates Peter from the off to a final crescendo where he murders May.

Attempted murder of Tobey Spidey.

The rest of them look like pip squeaks compared to him and you'd be forgiven for thinking thinking it was going to go somewhere bar being sent back.

That being said if this means I see Defoe again in a Spidey film I'm happy to see it.

The only thing that sets him apart is his actual successful murder of May. The rest of them are guilty of the other things you mentioned in either their own movies or this one.

Reckless endangerment of innocent lives, attempted murder of Spider-Man......they all did that at some point. Even Ock nearly killed Aunt May in SM-2.

I just saw it and I really enjoyed it. Magure and Garfield were great. I expected them but that scene when they appeared was awesome. It was great to see them. Villians were the weakest part in my opinion. They didn't have enought screen time. Dafoe and Molina were great of course. I wish we would have seen Sandman in human form more. That one scene looked like it was just taken from Spider-Man 3. It looks like the actor wasn't even on the set.
LOL im glad im not the only one who noticed this. They reused clips of sandman and lizard in human form. Sandman's was in the sewer with black suit Spiderman after he unleashes water on him and Lizard/Curt Connors was taken from the aftermath of TASM. I noticed the angles straight away and had a lil chuckle. Kinda understandable all things considered.

I liked what they did with Tom Holland Spider-Man in this. I liked the ending and this movie made me care about him more.

LOL im glad im not the only one who noticed this. They reused clips of sandman and lizard in human form. Sandman's was in the sewer with black suit Spiderman after he unleashes water on him and Lizard/Curt Connors was taken from the aftermath of TASM. I noticed the angles straight away and had a lil chuckle. Kinda understandable all things considered.

So Ifans and Church literally just did voice work then.

The only thing that sets him apart is his actual successful murder of May. The rest of them are guilty of the other things you mentioned in either their own movies or this one.

Reckless endangerment of innocent lives, attempted murder of Spider-Man......they all did that at some point. Even Ock nearly killed Aunt May in SM-2.
But we're talking specifically about this film yeah? You can't say that they didn't clearly separate Osborn from the other 4, who are essentially pawns in Osborn's manipulations, while all the despicable villain actions belong to him.

Anyway it doesn't bother me and I found it humorous that after all his prodding and testing of Peter, his fate was the same as the other 4.

But we're talking specifically about this film yeah? You can't say that they didn't clearly separate Osborn from the other 4, who are essentially pawns in Osborn's manipulations, while all the despicable villain actions belong to him.

Anyway it doesn't bother me and I found it humorous that after all his prodding and testing of Peter, his fate was the same as the other 4.

I was talking about in general. None of them are innocent of the kind of stuff Osborn did. At the end of the day Osborn was simply insane because of the performance enhancers turning him into that. Hence why they could just inject him with a cure.

You couldn't do that with someone like the Joker for example. A villain who is nasty at their core.

So… does the Tobey Peter tell Norman what happened to Harry?

I don't get the ending. If everyone forgets Peter Parker how is he able to get a job, get an apartment or study for his GED?

He shouldn't exist in any record.

I feel this is kind of an over correction to get the MCU Spider-Man in line with classic Spidey.

You dont believe me how happy I was that Tom Hardy was kicked back into his messy Venom movies but let the interesting part there. Why was he there at all? He doesnt know Spider-Man.

This movie was such a roller coaster;

The Bads
- The first 15 minutes felt like I am watching a row of reels on instagram. Those scenes needed to breathe a little bit more.
- Why can Ned do magic? That was a huge take away for me, Ned was annoying the entire time, but thats nothing new
- I wanted May to be more dramatic during her death scene.

The Goods
- The visuals between the Spiderman v Doctor Strange Fight
- Fanservice. The whole time. It was a funny nostalgic trip.
- Tom Holland have finally something to do in his franchise, so he can show some acting skills
- Doctor Strange was used very well
- Specially the scene where Garfield saves MJ gave me wet eyes.
- I liked everything about the final battle
- Doc Ock was amazing!

The black/gold suit was only used in like few scenes. They could have easily left it out. They probably wanted to include more suits to sell toys or something.
The post credits scene could mean that Spidey gets the Venom symbiote in the next movie. I wish that we hadn't had two black suits already.

The black/gold suit was only used in like few scenes. They could have easily left it out. They probably wanted to include more suits to sell toys or something.
The post credits scene could mean that Spidey gets the Venom symbiote in the next movie. I wish that we hadn't had two black suits already.

The end of the film was quite depressing, I'm not sure I want to see Holland Spidey get that in the next film.

I thought they were pulled out of their worlds before they died? Isn't that why Ock was asking Holland's Peter what did he do with his machine? Then at the end they were returned back to their own universe all cured.

Or am I completely misunderstanding this.
I don’t understand story wise why Doc Ock was pulled from the Spider-Man 2 timeline while Tobey Parker was clearly much older. Shouldn’t he have been pulled from that same moment as well?

So Ifans and Church literally just did voice work then.
I saw one of the leaked scenes and they definitely reused footage from Spider-Man 3 and TASM haha. It's kinda obvious, but it doesn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"