World Spider-man TAS cons

I never understood why it's prohibited to use certain characters just because they might turn up in a movie. It's not like the cartoon would in any way interfere with it. That would be like not allowing a character to appear in future issues of a comic just because he'll star in the next Movie.

I never understood why it's prohibited to use certain characters just because they might turn up in a movie. It's not like the cartoon would in any way interfere with it. That would be like not allowing a character to appear in future issues of a comic just because he'll star in the next Movie.

I agree. And like I said in one of my other posts. Batman TAS started a few months after Batman Returns came out and yet both Penguin and Catwoman appeared.

Isn't this the reason why Scarecrow hasn't appeared in The Batman yet? Because he was in BB.

yes UPN had the rights to the rider
Thought so. I remember he even had his own to line back in the 90s as well. As a kid I thought it was weird why they would have a line of toys for it with no show. They most likey didn't make it after UPN shut down its cartoon block and the fact Marvel went under for awhile.

I love this series, especially the first 3 seasons with the first being the best.

So I wonder what the Human Torch was made off. Light? :huh:
my uber comic nerd buddy told me that in the old FF cartoon, the one where HERBIE replaced Torch, the reason was because they were worried kids would light themselves on fire:huh:

Gwen Stacy did show up in the Spidey Wars finale. But it was a cameo and she was in an alternate dimension/universe that the Beyonder had Spidey hop to. She was engaged to the Spidey armor wearing Spider-man who was recognized as a celebrity and hero in his world.

As far as the rights thing. Think about it like this. Look at how all the Marvel comic characters frequently crossover and interact.

Kingpin himself was originally a Spider-man character. He was originally a character and nemesis of Spider-man, NOT Daredevil. Yet only Fox can use the Kingpin character in a live action movie.

Ben Urich works for the Daily Bugle in the comics and Jameson. Yet we can't see the Daily Bugle or Jameson in Daredevil. It's a lot like that.

Thought so. I remember he even had his own to line back in the 90s as well. As a kid I thought it was weird why they would have a line of toys for it with no show. They most likey didn't make it after UPN shut down its cartoon block and the fact Marvel went under for awhile.

that is most liely why the rider tas never matierialized:ghost:

Well it is why season 2 of Silver Surfer never happened. And the in production animated series of Captain America.

The little we got to see of Captain America did look awesome. Too bad it got ****-canned.

Once it all got resolved and new shows got made unfortunately we got Spider-man Unlimited and The Avengers which were terrible shows.

From what I heard episode like Shriek Of The Vulture and The Final Nightmare never aired at all on ABC Family and Toon Disney. Is this true? If so why?

Well it is why season 2 of Silver Surfer never happened. And the in production animated series of Captain America.

The little we got to see of Captain America did look awesome. Too bad it got ****-canned.

Once it all got resolved and new shows got made unfortunately we got Spider-man Unlimited and The Avengers which were terrible shows.

You're about the only other person on these boards i've seen who is aware of the shelved Captain America animated series...did you see that article in WIzard several years ago?

The series (at least season one) was to be set in WWII and include his sidekick, Bucky. I think Sgt. Fury and his Commandoes as well...the preview art looked incredible! :wow:

i wist the could have made the pilot episode at least that would've made a good dvd movie

You're about the only other person on these boards i've seen who is aware of the shelved Captain America animated series...did you see that article in WIzard several years ago?

The series (at least season one) was to be set in WWII and include his sidekick, Bucky. I think Sgt. Fury and his Commandoes as well...the preview art looked incredible! :wow:

I remember that. :csad:

I MIGHT still have that laying around somewhere. I'll have to check later.

EDIT: Found it.

cap1dv7.jpg

cap2bj3.jpg

Yeah I remember. It's a crying shame because the show looked really good.

I mean we could've had a second season of Silver Surfer and this show. But didn't happen.

Why couldn't they just bring them back instead of producing garbage like Avengers and Spidey Unlimited a couple years later?

I think the censorship in England must have been different, they were called the sinister six by name in the cartoon, and there was punching and even choking....

I think the censorship in England must have been different, they were called the sinister six by name in the cartoon, and there was punching and even choking....
then england got lucky:ninja:

There was lots of choking actually, scorpion choked someone, spidey used his webbing to choke the vulture i think.

I like Kingpin so that wasn't a problem for me. I use to love this show, it's what got me into Spidey. But I haven't seen it in about a decade now.

As for that Capt America show, why'd it never air?

Then if and when they release TAS on DVD a la Batman:TAS, they clearly need to release the English versions.

Con? Ridiculously long story arcs. I hated leaving with a To Be Continued EVERY TIME. And they got so ridiculous after a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"