Comics Spider-man the legacy?? You Decide!!

man, i'd rather see the titles cancelled rather than have some sorta 'new spiderman'. Peter's the only spiderman there ever should be.

Besides...there's always ultimate spiderman :)

^ so u honestly think that there'll be both 616 and marvel universe spidey for the next 100years?? no. one could survive but surely theyd have to have a change in generations

MyPokerShirt said:
^ so u honestly think that there'll be both 616 and marvel universe spidey for the next 100years?? no. one could survive but surely theyd have to have a change in generations

don't you mean ultimate universe?

And as to your question....i dunno. I just would rather see no spiderman than some punk who got his powers through some totem junk or was a lab rat or something.

It should have been Ben Reilly, but we all know what happened with that.

Yeah, he was an awesome character. Would have been the PERFECT replacement. You can't get anymore perfect than that, heh.

But, you know...

Webz14 said:
don't you mean ultimate universe?

And as to your question....i dunno. I just would rather see no spiderman than some punk who got his powers through some totem junk or was a lab rat or something.

people are seriously reading too much into this totem thing. if doc strange had sed it and it hadnt resulted in new powers nobody wud complain. aaan d yes i meant ultimate

Well maybe it is about time Peter and Mary started working on creating a replacment for Peter. ;)

The perfect replacements for Peter Parker:
A new Clone... Ben Reilly II
Peter's offsrping...
A tme travelling alternate dimension Peter...
If it's in the distant future then someone who has the same freak-accident than Pete had...
Now People who SHOULDN'T REPLACE PETER...
People who are Not related to parker and recieved their powers in a totemistic way...

Although I feel that there is only one Spider-man, I have come to like Spider-man 2099. Not from his own book but from The Exiles book. As for the totem aspect of the newer stories, I kinda like the idea. It adds a whole new dynamic to the story. Mainly because I thought the interactions between Peter and Morlun was bad-ass. I really hope Peter keeps his new powers. The Book where Pete first used his Night vision and his ability to feel air fluctations. was awesome. The panel where you see him carrying the girl and the building has collapsed behind him gave me chills and made me giggle like a little girl.:spidey:

Ben Rielly, Arana, or Mayday parker are all good temp replacements, but in the end only Peter Parker is Spiderman.

Out of fun though I voted Arana. I miss her series.

I could care less. peter parker should die. sad part, i'm serious

MayDay is the only suitable replacement for Peter. There has never been anyone else that has even come close...

Mayday is the one and only

And not to knock deemar or anything, but couldn't the possible picks on this poll be at least, Spider related? I only see Arana. Rick Jone's will always be Cap Marvel, Speedballs gonna spend he rest of his life getting "aquainted" with his fellow prisoners.

What about Ben Reilly? Ezekial, or Spidey 2099. Hell even Kaine would've been a suitable choice

Not to be a grammar nazi but the correct phrase is "I couldn't care less." Normally I don't do this, but it's so commonly misused and it's one of my biggest pet peeves. :unishr: ;)

Back on topic I think the only replacement should be his kid. Whether it's May in the alternate universe or another kid in the 616 universe. Of course that would mean him having kids and as long as Joe Q is around that won't be happening. :/

I wouldn't be against the idea of somone else becoming Spider-man. Just as long as there was the proper build up to it. Also if they kept Peter in the mentor roll after that and he was always around just not as Spider-man.

I'd be willign to accept a student of his or an offspring in time. Student would be the best version until he has a kid or two. Like I said though Peter would need to be around in the mentor roll and there would need to be an interesting way for the kid to get powers.

In fact I think it needs to happen to be honest. That's just me though. They already have a decent young cast they can play around with. Young Avengers, New X-men, and Runaways. If Marvel did this right and were willing to take the chance even if meant lower sales for a while I wouldn't mind seeing them do it.

People hate change. I think everyone can see that. Some are against the idea of someone else being Spider-man for that simple reason in the very end I feel. You can't get Peter back to how he was when he first started out. You need to let him age, deage him completely or let someone else take the mantel, even if it's just for a few years. THere is a risk yeah but you never know what will happen (the whole Ben Riely thing didn't work I feel cause how it was done with the whole clone thing which seems came off insulting to the readership).

In order for something like this to even work though Marvel can't rely on current readership. Many will be against it because Peter Parker is Spider-man and many won't evne entertain the idea. No they will have to pull in a LOT of young readers new to comics. Yet the problem is Mavel and neither DC seem to be pulling younger readers for various reasons. Same for other smaller comic companies. Price, speed and time issues are released (that attention span I feel), and avalibity. If the can fix those problems (get comics out of comic shops and back onto newsstands, food stores, etc and lower the price ) they could do the legacy thing successfully. Until then don't see it happening and there is enough blame to go around for why Spider-man/Peter needs to be "fixed".

shinlyle said:
MayDay is the only suitable replacement for Peter. There has never been anyone else that has even come close...

Actually Ben Reilly came close...as a matter of fact he DID replace Peter Parker. :)

Doc Destruction said:
What part of Spider-MAN don't people get... the day Spidey's replaced with someone who fills out the suit like THAT (disturbing)... is the day I quit.

But Spidey is timeless... he will surely outlive me. :)

Captivated said:
What part of Spider-MAN don't people get

That seems a little sexist...which is surprising coming from you Cap. I don't see why a woman couldn't replace him someday, as long as she had the chops for it and as long as she was trained by spidey himself. It could easily work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"