World Spider-man tv series

Infinity9999x

Avenger
Reaction score
*mods if there is another thread about this I'm sorry, everytime I try to use the search tool it doesn't load for me*

Anyways, I was wondering, how would you guys handle a live action Spider-man TV series if you got the opportunity to produce it?

I was thinking of a bit of a combined USM 616 approach. I would have Peter young in highschool, as he is in USM, and I would basically have the way he became Spider-man be the same as in USM. I wouldn't have MJ introduced so early though. Instead of MJ, Gwen would be the one that was his friend. She's one of the popular girls that's always nice to Peter and such. I wouldn't have her start out as close to Peter as MJ was in USM either, it would be more gradual.

Really, the biggest thing I'd borrow from USM is how well it displays highschool life today, how well it fit Spider-man into todays generation, and the humor and the way Spider-man is written in it. He has some great one lines.

I also wouldn't have Osborn be outright evil as he is in USM. I would like it more like the original where he doesn't realize what he's done when he's the Goblin. The Goblin is his other personality. His origin would be more like the SM movie origin. His company is in danger of being shut down, and in desperation he tests the OZ forumla on himself. Dr. Ock would be helping him with it. There is an explosion, and Norman is the first to wake up, the Goblin controlling his mind. He finds a special millitary suit he had been devising (skin tight adhesive that reflects bullets, as well as protecting from knife wounds) and his glider. He would fashion himself a costume from his materials, and his look would be simmilar to the USM Goblin, except normal man sized, and in a Urich style Goblin costume.

As I said before, the story would be a mix of 616 and USM. Really, it would be more 616, with an updated Ultimate approach. I would have the story follow Peter through highschool and into colledge, where he would meet Mary Jane and such, and eventually have the big showdown with Goblin on the bridge, where Gwen dies. I think this would be a huge moment, because she would have been a major character in the series for a long time.

The one thing I'm wonderng is, do you think a network could afford a live action SM tv series? Would the effects be to pricey? Or do you think there's a way they could make it work?

Personally, I think, with today's technoloy, they could make a live action SM tv series work, maybe they'd only be able to do a couple shows here and there that display the really visually stunning bad guys like sandman or Doc Ock, but there are lots of villians that wouldn't be that expensive. Someone like Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, and even Green Goblin probably wouldn't be that hard to do, and you could have Kingpin be the bad guy in a coupple episodes if you really needed to save cash.

So what do you guys think?

two problems with a mostly teen cast
one the child labor laws would apply limiting how long the cast would work and what they'd be allowed to do
two the cast would outgrow their roles too soon

two problems with a mostly teen cast
one the child labor laws would apply limiting how long the cast would work and what they'd be allowed to do
two the cast would outgrow their roles too soon

That is a good point, but I'm sure they could find young looking actors out there. Heck, Tom Welling was 24 when he first played Clark Kent in Smallville. And then there's always guys like Micheal J. Fox and Topher Grace who look a lot younger then they are. I'm sure they probably could get actors that looked younger then they actually were.

But if not, mostly teen casted shows have worked before, look at Boy Meets World, or the Wonder Years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"