World Spider man web shooter and formula!

S

Spider-man CM

ive read some web shooter and formula posts, their very nice but have seemd to die down. im trying to bring back the spunk u guys had for making one. i have a few ideas and a larger porpotionate web shooter that shoots pretty far..but no working formula! ill post pics of it if u want..ive got a big budget of free money to try ideas so tell me some ..ive got plenty of 20oz c02 cartridges and air tubes and nozzle peices..just throw out some ideas n ill try to make it. maybe even give u the proto type for ur idea if u pay for the finsihed product.

I've also got an Idea for a formula.... post about it later

ok, so this was in a popular science magazine a little while ago...

01f85208.jpg

yeh, but if you could like put the componets/ingredients in seperate pressurized containers, and then have them mix and shoot out of the pressurized containers, you should get a nylon strand. And if you added some sort of tacky/sticky componet to it it should make it sticky. And maybe if you add some sort of solvent thing to it, it might make it dissolve. I'll try to draw up my ides about it today and post it up later.

ok so this is myfirst webshooter..its made out of pvc, and then other plumbling parts u can get at anyhome depot..what you do is you put the formlua in the tank, and then u presurize it wiith any air tank like at a gasstantion, then the formula gets pushed by the compressed air threw the hose getting smaller and smaller till at the nozzle were it comes out. it can shoot water a range of 50 feet. and u can also jsut pour some formula down the tube and then hook the tube up to a paintball 20oz c02 tank and then it shoots it about 65feet. but its extremly dangerous because the c02 keeps flowing so u have to keep the switch on the hole time for a continous flow. i had to have a person asist me on taking it off.

youll notice a blow torch i added to the gun, thats because this peice cost me 145$ and i decided id make it into a flame throw ( you put denaturized alchohal in it and turn on the torch and watch a 25 foot flame. its sweet) its only around a 25 foot flame cuz it burns befor it can shoot 50feet.

i hope u like my ideas gime msome and ill manufacture it . as long as its not peices id have to make like smaller cartridges or something.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/xevvao/Photo_051306_002.jpg -the gun
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/xevvao/Photo_051306_003.jpg -the hose
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/xevvao/Photo_051306_004.jpg -the tank that holds everything.

but does it work for webbing? I don't want to be pyro

I've been working on something like this myself. Tell me your good news!

My main problem with this project is not knowing the formula for silly string.
See for it to work well with a costume you cant have a big, clunky bottle of it on your hand. You need custom shaped cannisters that are like half-cans.

The problem is, I cant find any cannister makers, or would I know what chemical to put it them. I found a site that shows you how to refill aerosol cannisters, which is cool...but re-fill them with what??

KidScience, are you joining up? I hope so!

ha, well, this was a while ago,...Well, with this question still holding a place in my mind for the past couple of years, the only solution I found was that I'd wait till I'm rich, however that happens, and then I'm going to hire the smartest minds around, and have them build it for me. Other then that, I have no idea...

Well my Gramps is a scientist he gave me some good ideas about the formula You know the spider-man web shooters at wal-mart well all you have to do is get the Ingredients off the back of the web can that took to make the webs and some how some way we have to make that formula strong enough to really use without the web breaking Reply back

And to answer your Question YES I am I have been working on this for a long time and finally someone shares the same idea my cusions thinks it's wierd but they will see one day :yay:

nah i don't think that can work but you can try. I really agree with Kuriatey. If we can use the chemical to make the nylon but add some very stocky compound to it that bonds. Also as it comes into contact with air and it stretches and pulls.

Also, it comes down to the amount of matter needed for web lines. If a web line is about the diameter of a pencil, which as far as something to swing on, is very small, and it's like 40ft long, then that one line alone is probably more matter then could fit in a cainster even if its compressed. And thats only one line, so unless we learn some way to SUPER compress stuff, it would never work, and youd need like 5 gallons of web fluid strapped to your back...

can someone email me the ingredints for a web shooter, the best one is awsome

Well my Gramps is a scientist he gave me some good ideas about the formula You know the spider-man web shooters at wal-mart well all you have to do is get the Ingredients off the back of the web can that took to make the webs and some how some way we have to make that formula strong enough to really use without the web breaking Reply back

I love that you think you can just read ingredients and it's that easy. First, I dont even think they have ingredients / chemical list on the side of the can. Second, even so, I doubt you'd be able to find them all locally.

I wrote the original thread on this forever ago...good to see people are still working at it. I'm sure it can be done.

To the poster who wrote about the amount of material needed, silly string proves that you can have the right amount compressed into a can. The problem with silly string is that the formula doesn't have the right tensile strength or stick'em.

This article explains the core components:
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/silly-string1.htm

I'm sure there's a chemical that will up the amount of sticky and another chemical that can increase the tensile strength.

For me the hardest part is finding the right sized container so it wouldnt be such a huge blob on your wrist. I suppose if you took the small-sized silly string cannisters and cut them in half length-wise and made one side flat, you'd be on the right track. But a ring of those around your wrist...then the liquid in those cannisters could be shot out.

EDIT: I just went back and found the ehow on how to make silly string (the link about doesn't work. here it is: click) To the kid above, the article says the ingredients aren't on the can. But they give you a how-to on making it :)

nah i don't think that can work but you can try. I really agree with Kuriatey. If we can use the chemical to make the nylon but add some very stocky compound to it that bonds. Also as it comes into contact with air and it stretches and pulls.

I'm probably the newest person here so if you will, please go easy on me. That being said, nylon (specifically Nylon 6,10) is the best idea so far. Remember this though, all substances have different properties.
The type of nylon created there has four problems:
1.) It isn't fully reactive. This means it might still react with CO2 giving it unwanted properties.

2.)It isn't highly elastic or biodegradable.

3.) The polymer created is a thread and not a rope.

4.) It is flipping expensive.

That being said, it has various advantages.

1.) It is probably the easiest to make
2.)It has properties similar to web such as tensile strength and elongation
Property
Value​
Density (g/cm3)
1.08​
Surface Hardness
RR100​
Tensile Strength (MPa)
58​
Flexural Modulus (GPa)
1.1​
Notched Izod (kJ/m)
0.09​
Linear Expansion (/°C x 10-5)
14​
Elongation at Break (%)
300​
Strain at Yield (%)
15​
Max. Operating Temp. (°C)
70​
Water Absorption (%)
0.4​
Oxygen Index (%)
23​
Flammability UL94
HB​
Volume Resistivity (log ohm.cm)
13​
Dielectric Strength (MV/m)
20​
Dissipation Factor 1kHz
0.09​
Dielectric Constant 1kHz
4.7​
HDT @ 0.45 MPa (°C)
157​
HDT @ 1.80 MPa (°C)
66​
Material. Drying hrs @ (°C)
2 @ 90​
Melting Temp. Range (°C)
230 - 280​
Mould Shrinkage (%)
1.8​
Mould Temp. Range (°C)
30 - 60​
3.)It is reactive allowing for minor tweeks to the formula.
4.) It is created instantly

So with all that concluded, The main issue is the adhesive that is applied to the polymer. I recommend the pressure activated adhesive found in duct tape. The reason why is that dragline web such as the kind spiders use for webs have a glue that will increase strength due to the struggle of prey.

The design for this webshooter would depend on the type of glue used for the adhesive properties. Nanoglue and gorilla glue sound the best to me.
It would involve about six holes with one larger than the rest which the nylon would come through. now as for the designed chambers, that will depend on the glue. We don't want it to react with the hexamethylenediamine or the sebacoyl chloride. I will continue tweeking the formula if you guys want.

Also: Silly string won't contain any of the properties no matter how much you reinforce them. Sure it has the spontaneous polymerization with the yards of string that seem to defy the amount of fluid in the can but the reason why is that it is foam. Foam. Unless you want to risk the tensile strength on shaving cream, it won't work. Only the fiber synthesis will work for this scenerio.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"