World Spider man web shooter and formula!

Thank you. I appreciate that. Now after discussing the properties of a possible fluid design, I offer two questions.

1.) What is the end behavior of the web? That is to say, what properties are held by the end of the web. It it shaped like a net, does it remain in one strand, does it spread like shot gun fire (while simultaneously being wound around the web), or would the ends curl in on themselves?

2.) Would creating the fluid be cost effective? Assuming that I could come up with the formula of a nylon polymer that had highly elastic qualities that was biodegradable, how much would it cost to make? To answer, At least thirty dollars a meter. If a person weighs about spiderman's weight, estimated to be around 160 lbs, then the max net force on the webbing would be 300 lbs due to gravity and momentum. This means that the nylon would have to be put together in tons of mini strands to catch a person. That doesn't include all the extra weight he carries.

So here's an alternate idea. Since a webshooter can be modified to hold more webbing, but the fluid is really expensive, (If silly string runs out that quickly, imagine marvelites everywhere with the real deal.) Then why not hold premade webbing. My suggestion is this. Fishing line that holds 300lbs.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...-03A7-DF11-904F-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA

This cost is about equal to get more than the nylon compounds. (Proof is at http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2584426/vpcsid/0/SFV/30852)

The only difficulty there is to figure out how to shoot the fishing line. It isn't hard to find an adhesive that won't change the chemical formula and it will stick (unless line is teflon coated.) The shooter would certainly have to be modified but it would guarenteed hold weight and allow for easy adhesive coating.

Now here's another question. What does everyone want this webshooter for? Swinging, coating friends, improvised rope, blinding people, or anything else? Since spiderweb is near impossible to recreate technologically, we would need to have a purpose so we could plan accordingly. A webshooter has been created, but it only holds ten pounds and it is bulkier than toy's R Us. I found it at http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t347614.html
From there, there are modifications that can be made to increase strength and properties. In my opinion, the one who made this is a genius.

Last edited:
webshootersomekidmade.jpg

webshooterncv.jpg

webshooterflv.jpg

The first image is a pre-existing web shooter that can hold about ten pounds and is made of several glues.

The second image is the nylon idea. The bottom part is a whole chamber of gas and not co2 There are still improvements to be made.

The final image was my very first idea for a web shooter. This doesn't fire the webs but it provides swinging rope that retracts. (Mind you, the wire would have to be 300lb test instead of 250 lbs test) There are many edits that can be done here.

I had an idea from all of these is, you need ALOT of fluid, or at least alot of web. So instead of building a wrist web shooter, why not build one that takes up the whole forearm, As long as the wrist is mobile and the thing goes under a long sleeve shirt, it shouldn't matter.

Hey well i am really new and all but i had a few ideas on other stuff that led me to think of making a suit with all of these ideas and others incorporated with in the suit and person and also thought what about a few of spideys abilities so i have a theory on wall climbing but that needs some unobtainable resources yeah i don't want to go into that for web shooters i did some studies on webs adhesives and some way to propel it and i have a couple ideas so far bits and pieces if you want to know reply and i will give these bits out for you guys to receive and give me some feedback on new ways to improve this NOTE I PLAN NOT TO TRY ALL THE WAYS PEOPLE SAY BUT TO MESS WITH SOME ADHESIVES AND OTHER MATERIALS TO MAKE A NEW SUPER ADHESIVE BY THE NAME OF ZENO NOT "WEBS" AND SOME SHOOTERS THAT WILL BE BIG AT FIRST THAN SMALLER have fun with your research like i am having right now P.S see a guy some years later in a suit doing some stuff look out there comes me haha :sym: or :spidey:

yeah you have a good idea maybe we can work together nah idk and i agree i thought so too on the whole forearm thing and all

I'd love to hear the ideas. I have a new thread if you want to discuss it there or something. I have an idea about the gloves too, however, it is lacking real paper designs. I'll be off for a day or two but when I'm back, I'm interested.

I'd love to hear the ideas. I have a new thread if you want to discuss it there or something. I have an idea about the gloves too, however, it is lacking real paper designs. I'll be off for a day or two but when I'm back, I'm interested.

I love that you think you can just read ingredients and it's that easy. First, I dont even think they have ingredients / chemical list on the side of the can. Second, even so, I doubt you'd be able to find them all locally.

It is really that easy. On the can, no it does not have the ingredients. The box however, has all of the ingredients. They are:

Water, HFC134 (propellant), acrylic resin, hydrocarbon solvents, light oil, and pigments.

Water: 75% of earth

HFC134: paintball stores and websites

Acrylic resin:any hobby store

Hydrocarbon: areosol form online

oil: Every store that doesn't sell furniture

pigments: anywhere that doesn't sell food or furniture.

The kid was slightly right. He only needed to look at the packaging.

Last edited:
Hi people! I've been reading these threads for ages now, and have some pretty good ideas of how to make the webshooters. Im going to hopefully start today, but it might be a while before I can post again.

Also, it comes down to the amount of matter needed for web lines. If a web line is about the diameter of a pencil, which as far as something to swing on, is very small, and it's like 40ft long, then that one line alone is probably more matter then could fit in a cainster even if its compressed. And thats only one line, so unless we learn some way to SUPER compress stuff, it would never work, and youd need like 5 gallons of web fluid strapped to your back...

for begginers a web pack woulidnt be that bad, i wouldnt mind

Hey can anybody help me with creating a web shooter ?
I would really appreciate it if somebody told me what are the supplies I would need to make a bad ass one, then again I would appreciate it very much if somebody help me .

You could make a formula by using the chemical componets that make up a spiders web/silk. But make it a liquidized formula that turns into a solid web/silk when cotacted with outside air.

Assuming we had the spider silk, it would have to be irradiated to dissolve in cold water, and that doesn't consider glue.

Hey im new but ive been reading these for a while now and ive recently had a pretty good idea. why should we spend YEARS trying to recreate spider web wen we can just use metal strand.

So heres how it would work. you would still have a container strapped to your wrist (but it would be on both wrist this time) and you would have metal strands that shoot out and wrap around objects so you can swing from buildings. what do you think.

Hey im new but ive been reading these for a while now and ive recently had a pretty good idea. why should we spend YEARS trying to recreate spider web wen we can just use metal strand.

So heres how it would work. you would still have a container strapped to your wrist (but it would be on both wrist this time) and you would have metal strands that shoot out and wrap around objects so you can swing from buildings. what do you think.

so a in other words... a grappling hook without the hook?
I smell a troll

Or maybe, y'know, he didn't think about the hook part. Just let the guy contribute.
I didn't say he couldn't contribute.

phoenix:
Ok. after re-reading your post, I think you're a child rather than a troll, so I'll try to be nice. Realistically, here are the problems with your idea.

1.) metal, including metal strands, are heavy. how would you go about propelling metal strands?

2.) what are the "objects" on the buildings you plan to swing from? most metropolitan area buildings are relatively flat. maybe a flag pole here or there. there wont be alot for your strands to wrap arround

3.) How would your metal strands wrap around those objects? I don't see how a metal strand can wrap around a ledge or a flat window

4.) would they unwrap when you complete 1 swing?
If they do, how would you control this to prevent them from unwrapping at the bottom of your swing?
If they don't, you would either need a HUGE spool on your wrist, or constanly have to replace spools that would still be pretty big.
also, you would have to constantly replace the metal strands which could get pricy.

Last edited:
Yeah i guess your right. Well you grappling hook idea could be really useful to. There could be some little claw at the end of the canister and inside of the canister would be one really long string rolled up and when you pulled the trigger, it would shoot out and grab the surface on contact. Then when you let go of the trigger, it would let go of the surface and retract back to the canister until you shoot it again. What do you think?

Last edited:
hay i have the idea of that we make a pressurized container with a simple trigger . to make the pressurized container put the web fluid in and pump air in and then put it in the trigger system and then shoot your webs and for the trigger take the idea from the toy web shooters

i was reading a forum and it said that this is a formula for webbing, it wont swing a person YET, but it can hold like 20 pound i believe they said
webbing formula
Cellulose Acetate
Polyvinyl Alcohol
Contact Cement
Neoprene with strength of at least 50MPa
All dissolved and mixed in Acetone + Water

One thing that people keep mentioning is the weight. Now I know that the weight is an issue for a practical functioning web-shooter, but you must remember, for Spider-Man, a few hundred pounds isn't a big deal. It may slow him down a bit but still...he's Spider-Man. And if we're tackling his powers, we might as well give ourselves some super strength to tag along, right? So the only MAJOR concerns we face, is the size, and the formula. Just thought I'd point that out.

And another thing. Instead of thinking only of fluids that can dry when it hits air, let's also think of fluids that will expand. That way, we don't really need to worry about condensing the fluid or weight. Maybe something that filled with microscopic pockets of air. that's way it'll be light, strong, and you won't actually need a lot of fluid.

Well guys I'm new here but I used carbon nano tubes would that work???

Last edited:
If you have a chemistry set and the proper chemicals you can make the webbing with the following solutions, the amount of each chemical is up to, but I will mark them with what I feel would be best.

Polyvinyl alcohol 10%
Magnesium Oxide 20%
Methyl Cyanoacrylate 25%
Graphene 25%
Surfactants 15%
H2O 5%

Total 100% Solution

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"