World Spider-Man's Animated Universe

I'm in my mid-30's and newer Spider-Man cartoons will always come along long after we're all dead that I'm quite happy with the cartoons of my youth.

Call me an old fart but I can watch Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends or 90's Spider-Man and not feel bored but I can't even watch two episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man without falling asleep.

I loved the original 60s show to death! Had I think the first "volume" (they did volumes then lol) on VHS... used to catch re-runs of the 80s so the theme just takes me back, but grew up on the Fox Kids show.... so which one do I pick? :S

I'm in my mid-30's and newer Spider-Man cartoons will always come along long after we're all dead that I'm quite happy with the cartoons of my youth.

Call me an old fart but I can watch Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends or 90's Spider-Man and not feel bored but I can't even watch two episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man without falling asleep.

In your defense, so does everyone else who's watching USM :o

90s Spidey hit a really good mark, maybe I myself am biased towards that era of animation but it just seemed so much more mature than the stuff we got later on. I still love Spectacular because it felt like an Ultimate Spidey show from the comics, plus my 9-year-old cousin loved to talk about it a lot so I got into watching the thing. But yeah.

I'd like to point out though (just to piss someone off around here lol) that Spectacular was ages better than The Batman Show.

edit (never mind, got what i was looking for)

Last edited:
Ultimate is boring, ill-conceived, and keeps dredging up some of the worst moments in Marvel's history; we've already seen Hulk Goblin, Thor Frog, the Sidekick (Iron Spider) Suit AND Spider-Ham. And they managed to make each of these debacles worse. And it's only the first season. (Not that i'm anticipating a second.) Truth be told, the only reason why I know all this is because my son doesn't share my opinion of the series. He keeps watching it and insists on telling me about it-when I don't happen to walk in the room and see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"