Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by Picard Sisko, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Rate 1-10

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

He made an appearance in the alternate Earth that was under the control of Spider- Carnage before it blew up in part one of the series finale "I really, really hate Clones "

Spider-Aziz and Jettisoned like this.
  2. Bruce Wayne Let's get nuts!

I liked the Hobgoblin, but even when I was a kid I was a little miffed that Hamill did virtually the same voice as he did for the Joker. The Green Goblin was built up so exquisitely and made into such a great threat. I love Hamill's vocal talents but the Green Goblin is where it's at.

In the cartoon, I liked the GG, Carnage and Hydro-Man the most.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  3. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I don't hate that. There needs to be an end to an arc, that was his.

4. zeptron Registered

It still sucked that Morbius who's at best C-list ended up having more exposure on the show than him, Norman Osborn's Green Goblin and Venom did.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  5. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Ugh Morbius. I just see his name and instantly hear “FELECIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  6. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I HUNGER FOR PLASMA

We can all be glad it's not Morlun in this show instead.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  7. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

LOL

That plasma line too! I swear you can do a drinking game for how many times he says Plasma, Felicia and Parker.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  8. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

No drinking for me, but I'll prepare a list of time that happens.

9. Holiday https://joebiden.info/

It's likely been brought up here before (I'd search for it if that function still worked for me) but there is an interview with John Semper from 2004 where he talked about working on the show and different things behind the scenes with Avi Arad. The use of Hydro-man in place of Sandman, the show as a vehicle for selling toys. I read it as a teenager and found it incredibly intriguing to see all that went on in creating the show and it definitely changed how I watched it.

10. Herofan Registered

I liked that the Green Goblin and Venom were only used occasionally, rareness, even with Osborn briefness, made them a lot more special. I think that kind of restraint with really popular characters is admirable. Although yes Morbius was overused especially as it was pretty obvious that he had been so toned-down.

11. Herofan Registered

I thought the visuals looked nicely vivid and conveyed well the excitement and emotions. Some examples
    Night of the Lizard (1994)
    Neogenic Nightmare Chapter 3: Hydro-Man (1995)
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ndThief.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080715015820

Doctor Octopus, especially from having read the Stan Lee comics, and Kraven (though he was only a villain in his first episode) were notably disappointing but I think Venom was pretty much improved from the comics, Alistair Smythe at least as good as in the comics, Mysterio, the Lizard, Scorpion, the Vulture solid.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  12. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

Coloring during day time looks a little too much on the bright side.

This version of Kraven is my favorite actually, better have the man with an honor and the outed noble man find a profession as a guide than a nut who hunts people.

They tried to do something different with Scorpion, but because that plot was half an episode long it doesn't work.

Mysterio is a downgrade after his debut episode, and even then I prefer the motivation of random bored dude to the one who endangered his girlfriend by making a bigger explosion and then wanting revenge against Spider-Man for getting arrested. It sucks more that he ended his life with her.

Lizard and Vulture are solid though, until they ignored the mutation disease Vulture inherited from Spider-Man.

Alistair Smythe and Venom did get improved.

13. zeptron Registered

Doc Ock was great in his debut episode as that was when he actually had some dignity. It was afterwards when he became Kingpin's stooge when things started to downgrade in regards to him. Especially since only did his debut initially depicted him as someone that would never take orders from someone else, but the Ottobot two-parter was his chance to reclaim his arch nemesis status, but got ruined when it was revealed that he was working for Kingpin. Hell Kingpin didn't even attribute to anything in that episode other than just showing that Ock wasn't acting alone. So he could have been removed completely from that episode without any serious change.

Awest66 and Spider-Aziz like this.
  14. Herofan Registered

LOL, Kraven in the TAS was pretty mild but the comic book version does require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. I thought he was done really well in the MTV series, one of the few things done really well in it.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Thank you Disney+ for uploading this entire series. I have some of the story arc-centric DVDs, but I've always wanted to once again watch the whole show as it unfolded. It's even better than I had remembered.

16. Neil McCauley Registered

9/10 for now, a great and very enjoyable series.