• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-Woman: Underestimated Franchise or Waste of Time?

One of the thing's you must remember is that she's (Jessica Drew) British. Kelly LeBrock would have worked way back in the 80s.

Emma Watson will be perfect after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the last of the current cycle of St. Trinian's movies wrap. And something will tell me she'll be ready for a more grown up role after 10 years and more of schoolgirls.

her origins would have to be simplified.. extremely simplified.. and absolutely none of the insanity that has gone on in recent years with New Avengers and the Secret Invasion... for those who don't know... I can't say it..

I think Black Widow has more potential for a movie franchise than Spider-Woman.

I was just thinking that. Black Widow is good stuff.

One of the thing's you must remember is that she's (Jessica Drew) British. Kelly LeBrock would have worked way back in the 80s.

Emma Watson will be perfect after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the last of the current cycle of St. Trinian's movies wrap. And something will tell me she'll be ready for a more grown up role after 10 years and more of schoolgirls.

She wasn't raised there though, was she? I never thought she had a brit accent.

her origins would have to be simplified.. extremely simplified.. and absolutely none of the insanity that has gone on in recent years with New Avengers and the Secret Invasion... for those who don't know... I can't say it..

True, her current New Avengers activities can wait for an Avengers movie. Still, we can use the Bendis/Luna Brothers Origin miniseries for storyboarding purposes (perhaps replacing Madame Hydra and Death's Head with Von Stucker and Red Skull) for the first movie and then her activites as a private eye and San Francisco Police Special in the second.

I think Black Widow has more potential for a movie franchise than Spider-Woman.

But they are as different in flavor as James Bond and Jason Bourne, or Ben 10 and Johnny Quest.

It would be like ruling out a Moon Knight movie on the grounds that we already have a brutal Marvel Movie vigilante out in the Punisher.

Why can't Marvel do both?

The best Spider-Woman candidate is Michelle Ryan of Bionic Woman. Jessica Drew is British.

Other than that I still think it's a waste of time, until Brian M Bendis makes a mini on her.

I'd take Eve Myles from Torchwood over Michelle Ryan for Jessica.

SW's franchise would depend on Marvel's schedule rather then Bendis getting a new mini published. It's going to take a while before they get around to it if they do at all.

The film makers could already use the mini he did with the revamped Origin he did with Brian Reed as a blueprint.

Eve Myles over her?

michelle-ryan.jpg

Eve Myles over her?

michelle-ryan.jpg

Yes.

A character needs more then looking attractive to be a good live action version to work.

Ryan is a talented actress and prettier but Myles is a beauty, a better actress and has superior acting credentials for the role.

Yes.

A character needs more then looking attractive to be a good live action version to work.

Ryan is a talented actress and prettier but Myles is a beauty, a better actress and has superior acting credentials for the role.

Eve Myles is not a beauty and older. Certainly doesn't look like Jessica Drew.

http://www.myspace.com/evemylesofficial

As for actingwise, don't know about it.

How about Eva Green?

Chief:

Not a good photo. She's much prettier in Torchwood.

She can work but I think Eve Meyles is the best choice so far.

I'm actually a pretty big Torchwood and Doctor Who fan. I just don't think she has that Jessica Drew feel to her. Not like Eve Meyles who I can easily see in the costume and doing the whole triple agent thing.

How about Eva Green?

Chief:

Not a good photo. She's much prettier in Torchwood.

Well that's from her myspace page, I'm sure she'll give some consideration on which photo she uses for her myspace. If she's much prettier then thanks for the cosmetics assistance.

You lost me, Savage.

emyles2.jpg

or

michelle-ryan-1.jpg

If you ask me, Eve Myles is a perfect choice for Sally Floyd or perhaps Black Widow.

does anyone know who has the rights to this character for a film franchise? sony or marvel? though i don't think she could hold her own in a move, i'd like to see her as an avenger.

Well that's from her myspace page, I'm sure she'll give some consideration on which photo she uses for her myspace. If she's much prettier then thanks for the cosmetics assistance.

You lost me, Savage.

Where'd I lose you? We were talking about who'd make a good Spider-woman and I think that Eve Myles is much more suited for the role than Eva Green. I try to imagine green in the Spider-woman costume and...yeah. Spider-woman's just gotta have that sweet, round ass in my book. :o

Folks, I've been so inspired by this thread that I'm writing a Spider Woman screenplay as we speak.

It's based primarily on the Bendis/Reed/Luna Brothers Spider Woman miniseries, but I've made certain personell changes (Taskmaster in his pirate suit is a little too hokey for the Movieverse, even if his presence generates the best lines in the miniseries, and anyway works about as well being a HYDRA true believer as the likes of Deadpool or Bullseye [which is to say, not at all ;) ], and Madame HYDRA is just a cut rate Baroness from GI Joe). And I'm using the Ultimate/Movieverse Nick Fury, so their relationship is going to be (cough) a little different from the miniseries. I've also made changes to certain characters' diologue (and particularly their expeletives) to give them a little more British flavor.

But perhaps (to comics fans, anyway) what may be the most shocking is what I'm keeping in. Then again, I don't see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's origins being seen as much worth showing to movie audiences in the context of an Avengers flick, and I doubt the X-Men or Thor will have to meet the High Evolutionary when other, more pressing antagonists (like Mister Sinister, Apocolypse, the Hellfire Club, Beta Ray Bill, Ares, or Sutur) are closer to their respective charecter concepts.

Ladies and Gentlemen, cross your fingers and hope that the script reaches the attention and captures the imagination of Kevin Feige, or if you don't like the idea of a Spider-Woman movie (or at leas my take on it), cross your fingers and hope it dissapears into transom, never to be seen by human eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"