Justice League Wonder Woman's Story (Feature Film)

thorstone

Civilian
Reaction score
What's got the Wonder Woman feature constipated is the story.

There is no chance of this character being magical going forward. The comic book religious can put that one in the grave. But the story could still address the "gods" in the form of aliens.

The Origin-

There are four main articles that have to be addressed in a Wonder Woman film: the origin of her powers, the gauntlets, the costume, and the lasso.

Powers: Option A- She is a metahuman; born with her powers, whenever it was that she was born.
Option B- The "Amazons" were a race of female warriors created by either the Old Gods (Olympians) or New Gods (both of which are extraterrestrial).
Option C- Diana was the offspring of a New God and a human woman; born in recent centuries.

The Wrist Gauntlets: It could be believable that she used her super human powers to create the bullet proof gauntlets.

The Costume: She could either inherit the fantastic costume or assemble it herself; again with super human crafting skills.

The Lasso of Truth: The lasso isn't something that Diana Prince built in the basement like Tony Stark. The lasso has properties of advanced technology-- indestructable and able to detect lies (and in my opinion should inflict burning pain upon those restrained by it). This could be the item that the first feature film revolves around. It could be an alien (Old God) artifact and the "origin" film could follow the story of how Wonder Woman came into possession of this weapon.

755841-001.jpg

The Plot-

I see multiple potential story arcs to be told with Wonder Woman and I think the challenge in getting the first movie right is restraint. I think what people want is something that is more spy vs spy or Indiana Jones than a generic (Marvel style) super hero origin flick with a generic villain that shares the same origin/power as the title character (thus eroding the very uniqueness of the hero).

I would prefer the film go the Indiana Jones route and put Wonder Woman on a quest for a lost artifact (the lasso of truth) in the Indian jungle; which of course the Nazis are also on the hunt for and they have in their employ a metahuman of their own casting (see below).

The Villain-
The door is wide open for this character in the above scenario but my choice would be Amazo. Amazo would simply be a metahuman with the empathic power to find and take the powers of other metahumans (upon killing them). If you're unfamiliar with him, he is a Silver Age character that would basically work like Sylar from Heroes.

The backstory I would give to Amazo in the 1940s would be that he has taken the powers (and lives) of Citizen Steel (steel skeleton), Hawkman (magnetokinesis), and some other Easter egg characters.

Amazo_004.jpg

There are multiple threads on the boards about casting Wonder Woman-- don't even mention casting in this thread. There is no shortage of brunettes in Hollywood. Casting is not what has kept the Wonder Woman movie from happening. And the costume design isn't the issue either-- changing her iconic look would be re-inventing the wheel. The biggest tweak that they need to make is adding a few inches of material to the trunks so her lady parts are hanging out like Miley Cyrus'.

Tonserio_Boy_Short_Bikini_Panty-BLACK-01.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"