Sequels spidey 4 greenlit

Would art depts etc find out before the greenlight though, feasibly?

Wouldn't there loads of preliminary research before a greenlight?

i want tobey, sam and the rest of the cast and crew to return, the lizard should be the villian in spidey4, if eddie brock survives and goes to jail, then have venom be the villian in a future sequel.

drmick said:
Would art depts etc find out before the greenlight though, feasibly?

Wouldn't there loads of preliminary research before a greenlight?

ummm not really.. he was on the art department for spidey 3 wich was closed down about halfway or just under halfway through filming... they wouldnt know anything about spidey 4... because sony could hire a completely different team...

All the other good superhero films ended at three...

ummm wich exactly? lol superman has 5, (though 3 and 4 dont count), and batman has 5 (though 3 and 4 dont count) (both due to there horribleness.... Blade went to three... x-men is on 3 but planning more... so ya.. blade is the only superhero movie to end at 3

spider-man 4, lizard and kraven as the villains, introduce felicia but no BC and to boot, a new cast. Perfect.

the spider-man movies are great they just have to make more

SPIDER-MAN 4:

THE LIZARD (main villain) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (secondary villain) and ELECTRO (seperate story). With elements from the comic book story-arc "Kraven's Last Hunt" as the blueprint.

All the interesting villains are done IMO. Maybe Electro and Lizard I wouldn't mind seeing, but screw Black Cat, Kraven, Shocker and the rest.

All the interesting villains? Hardly. While the top 4 are done (GG, Doc Ock, Venom and Harry....in that order) there are some great villains left, albeit we can't use some of t hem for obvious reasons, like Hobgoblin for redundancy and Kingpin is over at Fox.

But there is The Lizard, Kraven, Black Cat (if Felicia is introduced one movie prior) albeit she would end up being more of an ally and partner than a vilain, but also Electro if done properly and Scorpion, etc.

No villains aren't the problem. The problem is keeping the Peter Parker stories interesting. Pete's struggles and triumphs are what made the first two special and what seem to be driving the third. We don't want the next three just to become like Batman as we wait to see what villains are next. I think the logical step is Peter wanting to start a family. Albeit it would age him and is something that comic book Peter is rapidly coming to have to face before Marvel presses the reset button on him next year unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing a Spider-Man film, where Peter is out of college, 5 O' Clock shadow and all, perhaps working as an assistant teacher alongside Connors; or as a Science teacher at the same college.

DACrowe said:
All the interesting villains? Hardly. While the top 4 are done (GG, Doc Ock, Venom and Harry....in that order) there are some great villains left, albeit we can't use some of t hem for obvious reasons, like Hobgoblin for redundancy and Kingpin is over at Fox.

But there is The Lizard, Kraven, Black Cat (if Felicia is introduced one movie prior) albeit she would end up being more of an ally and partner than a vilain, but also Electro if done properly and Scorpion, etc.

No villains aren't the problem. The problem is keeping the Peter Parker stories interesting. Pete's struggles and triumphs are what made the first -two special and what seem to be driving the third. We don't want the next three just to become like Batman as we wait to see what villains are next. I think the logical step is Peter wanting to start a family. Albeit it would age him and is something that comic book Peter is rapidly coming to have to face before Marvel presses the reset button on him next year unfortunately.

well family is one thing, but i'd rather they keep it comic accurate... theres still many Peter stories that can be told...

-Six-Arm spidey (with possibly man-spider)
-the death of aunt may
-clone saga (ya we hate parts of it, but some of it could be very interesting...)
-the parent bots/clones (in the movies the GA knows NOTHING about what happened to his parents, it'd be nice to see that explored...
-spider slayers they can easily effect his parker side... maybe the slayers find out spidey and parker are one in the same, imo scorpion should be the ultimate and final spider slayer...
-then you could also have spidey framed for murder... and he has to go into hiding or create new identities (ala the slingers)
-and finally... wouldnt mind the movies ending with the sin six, and spidey unmasking (hell that could be what bonds the villains to attack)

I agree that the next logical step is to have a more confident Spidey who is full of energy and one-liners. But that's not to say that Tobey couldn't do it.. he's written in as a timid and confused character in the movies who is maturing. But if you recall, that's how Peter originally acted in the comics.

In 4, they should go for the classic evolution and feel of Peter and Mary Jane being together. They should have MJ start to worry about Peter (after Harry dies/Venom haunts them) and have her start smoking like in the comics. The Lizard is definately the best candidate for the 4th movie. I think that they are going to go further to examine Connors' character in the third one and should hopefully introduce his relationship with his wife and son. A fourth movie with the Lizard would be without a doubt the best choice for a villain if necessary changes are made.

personally thats kinda why i welcome a re-cast... Tobey imo when hes acting or is excited.. doesnt sound a whole lot excited... hes a timid person and ive seen alot of his work (pleasantville, wonderboys, cider house rules, spidey 1 & 2, seabiscuit) , but in not a single movie does he seem energetically exciting... and we need that in spidey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"