spidey 4 greenlit

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by spideyboy_1111, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Mr Jide Registered

No but carnage will impress even though people here are screaming blue murder that they dont want him. Spider-man fanboys are so fickle. Watch when spidey 3 comes out, they'll all be going gaga over venom that they'll be screaming for carnage for sm4. Stuff like this always happens.

2. Mr Jide Registered

I remember having a long drawn out argument over BC with you a while back and I still say BC is a bad idea. If we need sex appeal which we should already have, we should be getting it from MJ or Gwen, which ever one doesn't bite the dust in sm3.

3. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

sorry, but gwen nor MJ aren't very high up on the sex appeal list (in the movie world) especially dunst :(

4. Arcturus Registered

lizard and electro.

:up:

5. Dangerous Registered

Personally I can't wait till they get rid of Tobey, Rami and Dunst.

6. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

And they get...?

7. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

me either.. to be honest, im kinda ready for a change...

8. Victarion Iron Captain

It would be interesting to see what happens. It would be wild if the new face brings on a story that puts Raimi's trilogy to shame. To do so would be a big order, so to speak, but would still be interesting.

9. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

My biggest issues with the spidey movies are pretty simple...

raimi brought needless changes (organic webbing, ock saving the day, sandman being involved with the death of uncle ben, tiny brock, harry not becoming a goblin, and peter not gaining confidence or fun loving spirit after becoming spider-man)

Tobey's getting too old looking imo opinion to be peter, he looks like a scared little boy, he delivers lines like hes completely unsure of himself, he acts sad and depressed, hes still a cluts after being bit by the spider, and he has a hard time imo delivering fun and smart-ass lines like the spidey we love.. maguire isnt much of an enthusiastic guy

Kirsten i have similar problems with, in spidey 2 you could tell she really didnt wanna be in the movie, she demands to do her own hair and makeup wich makes her look very frumpy... shes also not flurtatious at all.. and in spidey 2 she kinda looked like shes been hit in the face with a shovel and her bones were turned into gelatin... she looked nothing but depressed... and i dont care if MJ is suppose to be... thats not her character.. she hides her pain with a smile and a flirt

so itd be nice to see a big change.. a free spirited MJ, and a spidey whos confident and full of quips

10. the Firestarter Friends Call Me Heatmiser

i'd like to see one more with the current cast. continued conflict between maryjane & gwen, as gwen is jealous of peter's marriage to her. dr. connors needs to become the lizard as a result of his experimentation... and kraven the hunter could set out to hunt him down. when peter tries to stop this it would pit kraven against peter. captain stacy should get killed accidentally at some point... causing gwen to blame spiderman. in the end spidey rescues gwen from one of the villiains (either kraven or another major villain) ... redeming him in her eyes. spidey saves the city, dr. connors, etc... and goes out a hero.

11. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

its KRAVEN and CAPTAIN stacy

12. the Firestarter Friends Call Me Heatmiser

no venom / brock in spiderman 4, but perhaps carnage could be introduced as the third villain who terrorizes the city... while the lizard is blamed for it.

and if there is no wedding in spidey 3... maryjane & peter should be wed at some point during the next film. maybe aunt may should give peter her blessing on her deathbed.

13. kansas boy Registered

I hope they use characters in 4,5, and 6, that we HAVEN'T seen yet.

Like Electro, Lizard, Mysterio, Scorpion, etc.

That would be so cool, especially if they are going right into Spider-man 4, without waiting, which they are so.

14. Victarion Iron Captain

I agree with most of your first statement. I think it would have been just fine if in Spider-Man 3, Sandman was robbing banks to simply finance some procedure to cure his daughter of her illness. The whole Uncle Ben things seems to just be tacked on, so far.

Harry not becoming a goblin is disappointing, though I'll still see the movie, and it will be the best of the trilogy. I'm just glade Harry wasn't abandoned so the V-Man could get more screen time.

About Venom in this flick, its kinda funny. Right after I saw Spidey 2, I was thinking "aw, another goblin!" and of course wanted Venom :whatever: .

After lurking around The Hype, I started to think, How cool would it be if Harry adapted Norman's vision into a dark and twisted, more monstrous version (But no Ultimate Goblins, please!) and it appear to Spidey as if Norman was back! Add The Lizard, and pretty much the wife.kid angle of Sandman to Connors, and you had my version of Spidey 3.

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

ya, im really mad they gave sandman a wife and kid.... it's going to take away from connors story with his wife and son when they bring him in :(

16. kansas boy Registered

They'll probably change up his story as well.

17. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

wich'd be another needless change :( hes one of spideys villains that have a great dynamic story

18. kansas boy Registered

I want to see the Lizard's story especially after meeting Dr. Connors in 2 and 3, and getting to know him more and more. His story should be next, thing is what will be his story, now that Sandman has the family?

Who should be the 2nd villian? Electro or Mysterio?

And should Black Cat be in it as well?

19. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

spidey 4 should be lizard and kraven... using the "kraven's last hunt" arch... with possible side archs of Black Cat, and or Carnage. Ive also kinda had the six arm spidey arch grow on me... it could go with the "transformation" theme lizard woul present... maybe the man spider thing? dunno.. would be interesting none the less though. Obviously you couldnt do everything..

But the main story i'd go with would be Kraven and Lizard... possible bring in Chameleon as well since hes Kravens half or step brother...

20. The Villain Registered

Mysterio for me and as much as I like Electro he can easily be saved for another sequel. You simply cannot beat the good old classic villains goofy costumes or not they are what made the comics back in the 60's.

The Lizard and Mysterio simply with Lizard as physical enemy and Mysterio as complex enemy.

Hope to see more support for classics next time round.

:woot:

21. kansas boy Registered

I agree, we need to see the classic villains in 4-6. Alot of them have ridiculous costumes, but, they can be upgraded. Just look at fantastic 4. The detail in the costumes and the effects, and the perfect actor for the character can make the villain come to life on screen.

22. TheCaptain22555 Come get some.

Interesting, I don't know how they'd spin-off the next set of movies, but I like Spideyboy's suggestion of appearance from people like Felicia Hardy would kick ass.

23. Dr Vigon Chaos Registered

I don't know if you saw Bruce Campbell wearing an upgraded Mysterio costume complete with revamped dome it was actually very good and perhaps could be made similar for showing on a movie.

The picture posted a few months back was made by Crimson Dynamo on Campbell = Mysterio page you can post it here if you wish when you find it.

I also saw a brilliant artistic drawing for how Scorpion's cool costume could appear in a movie complete with upgraded tail.

:word:

24. drmick Registered

Hey, Spidey-boy, weren't you flamed before for some controversial thread (my subconscious shouts Venom!)when in fact, it turned out you were correct?

You had a contact in that other thread as well as far as I can remember.....

Anyhow.... did your friend have more specific details like dates, re-casting, producers, etc?

25. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

ya, all but harry with a hood turned out to be correct... and alot of people flamed me for not believing me... as far as my contact who was working in the art department.. he only told me what i told you guys.. he was in the art department, so realistically he wouldnt know dates or casting or producers.. neither would my friend who works for a talent agency who said it got green lit... if i knew more i would tell