Spidey and FF at least stay in the fantasy realm.

Savage said:
But the costumes are more than that. They are a part of that world. They are superheroes. Superheroes wear costumes. That may be superficial but it is as important as the powers they weild. It's what makes Daredevil Daredevil and Batman Batman (as in appearance, before someone says something). The studios didn't even want HORNS on the Daredevil costume. Yes that would be more realistic but so would putting him in a ski mask and all black clothing. To me it's just rediculous to say the costumes are rediculous when quite frankly the whole concept in itself is out there.

I say realism belongs with the characters themselves and not the costumes. The costumes are just another part.

I can't believe I've become one of these guys that go on about how the movies would be better if they were closer but really I'm just not digging castrating the powers of characters to be more "down to earth" and making the costumes more "realistic". I mean if you want that then just remove the superhero part altogether and just make these guys rescue workers. Why even try if you're not going to go all the way? It's why I look at movies like Fantastic Four 2 and smile because holy crap, they're actually bringing in the big guns. Even Ratner and company was too scared to put Pheonix out there in all her glory.

My point is that as much as I am enjoying this renaissance of comic book flicks, they are nothing compared to their sources (except the Blade movies). Which is sad. It's about time someone broke this whole "the movie is never as good as the book" thing. Why can't it be as good? Why can't it be even better? Comic books are spectacle. They are outlandish. The costumes themselves were originally based on circus performers and musclemen (hence the whole underwear on the outside thing). I don't know about anybody else but the circus wouldn't be the same to me if everyone showed up in jean shorts and t-shirts.

...Man this turned into a rant quickly...Just have these guys acknowledge that they're superheroes at least...Besides Fantastic Four, HAS the word superhero even been USED in a comic book movie?

well said! :D :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"