Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

They already have a director and a set release date, so I'd say they're at least somewhat serious. Also, how do we know for sure that Marvel can do FF better, that's a pretty big assumption? Plus, Marvel's resources are already stretched thin as it is, dumping X-Men, FF, Spider Man, etc on them would be too much. I'd prefer that they give other less known characters their opportunities to shine rather than focus on the big names over and over.

<Shrug> In my opinion, and one day I will be proven either right or wrong, FOX is not even interested in the FF property.

I think when Marvel reached out with that deal to extend the DD rights for rights to some characters from the FF franchise, FOX saw that Marvel was interested, so now they have a bargaining chip that perhaps if they play right, Disney/Marvel will cough up a large sum to obtain the rights back earlier than simply waiting for them to lapse.

Again, I could be wrong, but I see nothing truly moving forward for a upcoming FF movie, it's the DD situation all over again.

I guess in a few years, we will see. <shrug>

That's how I've called it for years.

Also, how do we know for sure that Marvel can do FF better, that's a pretty big assumption?

Um, by looking at the movies Marvel has produced, and noting that Marvel has a vastly better track record than Fox?

The Directer and release date don't mean much to me as that's just more posturing. Daredevil had a Directer too. There is still no casting news.

I weigh FOX's 10 Marvel movies against Marvel Studios 7 movies and just generally overall, I like that Marvel Studios at least has a plan, yeah they do some stuff I would not, but overall I'm OK with them so far, FOX really does not have a real plan.

I think FOX is simply going to focus on their X-franchise. Singer (if he stays) actually does seem to have ideas where he would like to go with them.

Again, we will see. In just a few years tops we will see if I'm right or wrong. Actually either way, no real skin off my teeth. I'm not getting paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"