Comics Spidey & His Amazing Friends

WOLVERINE25TH

The Best There Is
Reaction score
Now I know they had a comic based on the show back in the 80s, but have they ever done an in continuity pairing of the three?

Not to my knowledge, and i would absolutely LOVE to see Bob Kirkman handle an arc featuring the three of them over in Marvel Team-Up!

As a team I don't think so but in the past Iceman has met Spidey before and Firestar of course was created by the TV show but eventually started appearing in the New Warriors comic I think.

Well, yeah...everyone knows individually Spidey's teamed-up with both, but I'm just surprised that nobody's done a titanic team-up of th' three in all this time. Seems almost logical.

You can throw in Ms.Lion and you've got comic book gold right there.

bendis did say he wants to do it before he leaves ultimate spiderman!!!

Lazlo Panaflex said:
You can throw in Ms.Lion and you've got comic book gold right there.

maybe in one cell of the comic but that's about it. Ms. Lion is pretty annoying. :)

WOLVERINE25TH said:

Crap.

Did you get the same image in your head of Ms Lion taking down Hulk Goblin? I can just see the Scooby Doo type ending. Hulk Goblin webbed by Spidey or frozen by Iceman from the waist down. Firestar pulls the top of Goblin's head and the mask comes off. "Who'd have thought, Norman Osborn!" Then everyone goes back to Peter's room and Aunt May brings them cookies.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS!
By BMB

Part 1-Green Goblin escapes SHIELD, Peter has a sandwich.
Part 2-Spidey gets his ash whupped by common burglars, needs to be saved by Firestar who turns out to be Mary Jane with a secret mutation we only just now find out about!
Part 3-Spidey talks to Firestar and Iceman shows up to say Kitty can't make their date. The entire issue is taken up by dialogue.
Part 4-Green Goblin attacks, Spidey gets unmasked.
Part 5-Green Goblin still attacks.
Part 6-Ms. Lion bites Green Goblin's ankle and saves the day. Peter finishes his sandwhich.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Now I know they had a comic based on the show back in the 80s, but have they ever done an in continuity pairing of the three?

i do think in one issue they just cameo together might have been during inferno or the alien invasion story. all on the same page but wasn't a team up I could be mistaken though it might have only been spidey and iceman.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
By BMB

Part 2-Spidey gets his ash whupped by common burglars, needs to be saved by Firestar who turns out to be Mary Jane with a secret mutation we only just now find out about!
Part 3-Spidey talks to Firestar and Iceman shows up to say Kitty can't make their date. The entire issue is taken up by dialogue.
just one thing wrong alot of ultimate there is no dialogue just bagley's work since bendis is trying to do twenty comics at a time.

Part 6-Ms. Lion bites Green Goblin's ankle and saves the day. Peter finishes his sandwhich

WOLVERINE25TH said:
By BMB

Part 6-Ms. Lion bites Green Goblin's ankle and saves the day. Peter finishes his sandwhich.

ROFL!!!! you nailed it....:up:

You've never heard of Bendis' infamous talkin' head issues, rscal?

WOLVERINE25TH said:
You've never heard of Bendis' infamous talkin' head issues, rscal?

haven't read ultimate spider-man in a while have the first several issues and it amazed me that everyone said what a great writer he was since most of the issues were just drawings. I know writers write the scene ideas and the artists convey those but great writers write dialogue as well. I guess that he tried to overcompensate with that and just have all dialogue with repeated drawings of the same thing. i don't know much about later issues stopped after the quick meaningless death of gwen stacy by carnage. pointless and got rid of a good supporting character also didn't like how they quickly killed of captain stacy either.

Well, Bendis has this habit of dedicatin' an entire issue to a conversation. Usually it's just various head shots of th' characters talkin', maybe some wider ones thrown in.

And I liked Ultimate when it started, but he offers no real variation to his stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"