Stallone in Predator 3?

LostSon88

Superhero
Reaction score
IGN.COM:

September 26, 2006 - The online rumor mill was abuzz this morning with word that Sylvester Stallone might be in the running to star in 20th Century Fox's long-planned Predator 3, taking over from his Planet Hollywood partner Arnold Schwarzeneggar, who starred in the first installment.

The sequel would reportedly happen after the now-filming Alien vs. Predator 2. Citing a scooper, IESB.net quotes the source as claiming: "Stallone might be being coaxed to do battle with the new Predator. Guess they're thinking someone who can equal Arnie's statue? Not that he'd be playing the same character. I'd say that the plan is solely on FOX's end, and not Sly's end - who seems to have enough 'franchises' on the go."

Stallone's reps at Boulevard Management advised IGN that they never heard of the project, and sources close to the studio also denied the report.

IESB.net also claims that the storyline of AvP2 will owe more to James Cameron's Aliens than it will to the first AvP.

Yeah Stallone's reps deny it but still...I think it'd be cool! :woot:

Great another crappy movie from fox can they just go bankrupt now.

I actually like this idea :up:

Hmm. That would be cool to have Stallone in Predator 3. To be honest, I would want a Predator 3 more than a AvP2.

Seeing as how the first Predator had Stallone's co-star Carl Weathers maybe P3 will have Stallone side by side with Arnold's co-star from T2 Robert Patrick. :p

Ugh a third Predator had so much potential too. Wheres McTiernan when you need him?

Interesting news, I wonder how Stallone will fit in, he is kinda getting on now.

It could work if 3 returns to the jungle setting. I would have liked to see Stallone take on the same film as Arnie to see how he measures up ....20 years ago.

I liked Predator 2 with Danny Glover as the star but maybe Stallone would be a much better match-up for the Predator. Stallone hasn't had any good action movie out in a long time now so if this news were true then maybe it would jump start his action career again if it was successful. Some time ago someone on the board posted that WWE Wrestling star John Cena would be starring in Predator 3 but nothing ever came of that.

Stallone ducking it out with the predator.

Start the SOAP hype machine again man. :woot:
This could be teh greatest geek event ever

hmmm everything about this rumour just doesn't feel legit.....

It was only recently that there was a runour of a predator re-make, which just isn't necessary.

I'd like to see a predator 3 *I remember there being a rumour that ethan hawke would star a few years back* but I don't particuarly like the idea of sly or even ahrnuld returning. the franchise needs some new blood.

I also think that fox are pretty much sticking to the avp movies for the moment, and of course if avp2 bombs, I think that's pretty much both franchises dead. I don't think fox is willing to take the risk on a predator 3 or an alien V. :csad:

Iceman/Psylocke said:
It could work if 3 returns to the jungle setting. I would have liked to see Stallone take on the same film as Arnie to see how he measures up ....20 years ago.

Heh...maybe they should make a movie that combines Rambo & Predator seein' as how they're tryin to resurrect that franchise too. :woot:

PREDATOR: FIRST BLOOD

LOL.

i would watch this..and you know all of you would as well.

LostSon88 said:
Heh...maybe they should make a movie that combines Rambo & Predator seein' as how they're tryin to resurrect that franchise too. :woot:

LOL.
Haha, great idea. :up:

As good as Alien Vs Predator :woot: :csad: :(

The team can include Rambo, Dutch (Arnie should return as well), and maybe Lundgren and Van Damme for good measure. Why do they always cock up these kind of films? :(:(

How about Rambo versus Predator? I would see it.

I can see this working.

Or maybe it should be John Cena

well considering that the predators like to hunt the ultimate game..i guess Rambo would be a good choice.

Caliber said:
How about Rambo versus Predator? I would see it.
:up:

LostSon beat you to it though:
LostSon88 said:

LOL.
LostSon88 said:
Because women can't fight.

j/p :oldrazz:

:cmad: Why'd that come out so small? :cmad:

Ronny Shade said:
I can see this working.

Or maybe it should be John Cena

John Cena should be banned from anything outside of wrestling.

oh god no..cena..

what is with some of you americans...

that you think wrestlers can act.

I would be cool but I doubt it would happen. Plus Sly will be busy with Rambo IV, Poe and 2 Notorious in the next year or two...

LostSon88 said:

LOL.

You stole my idea. So would this be part 3 (Predator) or 4 (Rambo)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"