Star Fox: Zero

Sucks, but oh well, there's plenty to play this holiday so I'm not too bothered by it. November was always a really bad spot for this game anyway. I don't know if a delay will matter much to its performance, but being early 2016 will give it more breathing room at least.

It makes sense to delay it, since It would be competing against Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront if they didn't delay it.

I'm fine with the delay. I've got a lot of **** coming out this holiday. I'd rather get it around March of next year so I've got some stuff to play then.

Yeah, and the fact it would've come out a little before Xenoblade Chronicles? Probably would've hurt both games in regards to sales. Now they'll be further apart, and gamers more likely to buy both.

It makes sense to delay it, since It would be competing against Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront if they didn't delay it.

I really dont think it would be competing against those two. Those two games arent even on the Wii U. There is some overlap but the vast majority of people only game on one console. People who have a Wii U have it for Nintendo's first party games and without this, there is nothing left the holiday season. The game's delay is likely bc it simply isnt ready, and I doubt that has anything to do with Fallout or Battlefront

gee......if I had bought a Wii U last year in anticipation of playing both Star Fox and Zelda in 2015, I'd sure be ******. lol

Star Fox Zero Gets Its Latest Trailer From Today’s Nintendo Direct. November 12, 2015 . 3:15pm

During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo revealed the latest trailer for the Wii U title.

During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo revealed the latest trailer for the Wii U title, Star Fox Zero. You can watch the official trailer below.

[YT]A2mmnOBJPTI[/YT]

Star Fox Zero will release for the Wii U on April 22nd, 2016.

Read more stories about Star Fox Zero & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

As much as I'm looking forward to this the controls still look goddamn difficult. I know I'm gonna play the hell out of it though.

Wii U
Star Fox Zero has Amiibo compatibility
Published 14 hours ago. 43 comments.

Details coming at a later date.

SFZero-Amiibo-Confirmed.jpg

Nintendo confirmed Amiibo compatibility for Star Fox Zero, and reaffirmed the game’s previously announced April 22 release date, in a press release sent out this morning.
The press release reads:
Finally, Star Fox Zero delivers a new beginning for the classic shooter series. With a unique control scheme that uses both the TV screen and the screen on the GamePad, players pilot multiple vehicles through intergalactic levels with Fox and his classic crew. The game launches exclusively for Wii U on April 22 and will feature amiibo compatibility. More details will be revealed at a later time.
Star Fox Zero is in development at Platinum Games.

Read More

Wii U, Amiibo, Nintendo, Platinum Games, Star Fox Zero
source: Gematsu

April is a pretty good time for me. I don't think there's anything else coming out that I'm interested in.

Star Fox Zero Will Release Bundled With “Star Fox Guard” On April 22, 2016. March 3, 2016 . 2:05pm

Nintendo announced today during their Nintendo Direct presentation that Star Fox Zero will release for Wii U on April 22, 2016.

Nintendo announced today during their Nintendo Direct presentation that Star Fox Zero will release for Wii U on April 22, 2016.

This time around, the game will feature new stages with a many alternate paths. Once you beat Venom in normal mode, many new paths will become available. You’ll take on Star Wolf throughout the game, using a variety of new gameplay features. The 2-player mode features an Arwing control and shooting controls (on GamePad.)

The Fox amiibo will add the classic Arwing from the SNES game.

Check out the trailer from the Nintendo Direct presentation below:

[YT]htMRhXPzYhY[/YT]
Star Fox Guard, formerly known as Project: Guard, will come bundled with the game. They’ll also be available separately. You can get more info on it here.

Read more stories about Wii U & Star Fox Zero on Siliconera.

also with

Project: Guard Is Star Fox Guard. March 3, 2016 . 2:10pm

Project: Guard is now Star Fox Guard. It’ll launch the same day as Star Fox Zero.

Shigeru Miyamoto appeared during the Nintendo Direct to reveal Star Fox Guard. Formerly known as Project: Guard, Star Fox Guard is a tower defense game where players must help protect a mining sight belonging to Slippy’s Uncle Grippy. This is accomplished by keeping track of security cameras to watch where all enemies are and prepare defenses.

There will be 100 missions in Star Fox Guard. In addition, there will be more online. People can set their own enemy placements and upload them online. You can then choose from other’s maps to play and enjoy.

Star Fox Guard will launch on the Nintendo Wii U on April 22, 2016. It will be packaged with Star Fox Zero, or available separately in the Nintendo eShop.

Read more stories about Nintendo Wii U & Star Fox Guard on Siliconera.

Jesus, they gave Slippy an uncle named Uncle Grippy with a scraggly pedo stash and everything. What in the hell.

I thin they knew having the name Groppy the frog was too overt (which is worse) and it woulkd really have people come down on them.

Ether way it's still wrong. and I'm not touching that name any further.

Here's what's new.

New Star Fox Zero Video Compares Footage Of Corneria. March 4, 2016 . 9:30am

A video has surfaced comparing the footage of Corneria in Star Fox Zero from yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation to footage from last year’s E3.

A video has surfaced comparing the footage of Corneria in Star Fox Zero from yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation to footage from last year’s E3.

You can check out the comparison in the video below.
[YT]IXksymZ28_s[/YT]

Star Fox Zero will release in Japan for the Wii U on April 21st, and will release worldwide on April 22nd.

Star Fox Zero Goes Soaring Through Fortuna In New Gameplay Footage. March 8, 2016 . 8:30am

A couple of new videos have surfaced featuring gameplay of the Fortuna level as well as a side-by-side intro comparison to Star Fox 64.

A couple of new videos have surfaced showcasing Star Fox Zero gameplay. The first features a playthrough of the Fortuna stage in the game, while the second is a side-by-side intro comparison to Star Fox 64.

You can check out both videos below.

Fortuna gameplay:

[YT]Ld5QwkTw-Ug[/YT]
Intro comparison:

[YT]4w3BN2fTZLA[/YT]
Star Fox Zero will release in Japan for the Wii U on April 21st and worldwide a day later on April 22nd.

im in the minority here, but i think Star Fox Adventures is the best Star Fox game by a mile and I've played them all. that style of game is way more fun for me, the flight missions are boring imo. i wish they'd return to a style more like SFA

I listened to the Starfox 64 soundtrack today, as I worked.

It holds up well.

Star Fox Zero Shows Off A Secret Route In Corneria. March 10, 2016 . 8:30am

In some recent Star Fox Zero footage, we get a look at an alternate route located in the Corneria stage.

In some recent Star Fox Zero footage courtesy of GameXplain, we get a look at an alternate route located in Corneria.

You can get a look at the secret path in the video below, and maybe even discover where it leads.

[YT]_HpDhQkoxlU[/YT]

Star Fox Zero will release for the Wii U in Japan on April 21 and worldwide on April 22.

Star Fox Zero Will Have An Invincibility Option. March 14, 2016 . 11:00am

Super Mario 3D World had White Tanooki Mario, Donkey Kong Country Returns had Super Kong, and Star Fox Zero will have an invincible Arwing.

Shigeru Miyamoto, Star Fox Zero’s Producer, has revealed a mode for beginners in the Nintendo Wii U game. When talking to Time about the title, Miyamoto confirmed there will be an invincible Arwing. This is an optional ship for Fox.

When talking about Star Fox Zero’s invincible Arwing, Miyamoto said that this special vehicle was created so people who are having trouble “can fly through and see the levels.” The ship is there for players to use in case one part of the game is proving a little too challenging, to allow them to get past a particularly daunting section. Think of it as Star Fox Zero’s version of Donkey Kong Country Returns’ Super Kong or Super Mario 3D World’s White Tanooki Mario.

Miyamoto also mentioned how the invincible Arwing fits in with Star Fox Zero’s cooperative mode, where one player flies the Arwing and the other shoots, and Star Fox Guard. He said, “What those do, is allow people who maybe can’t deal with that level of challenge or difficulty to easily be a part of the gameplay and enjoy this universe.”

Star Fox Zero, a re-imagining of Star Fox 64, will come to the Nintendo Wii U on April 22, 2016. This entry won’t be structured like a TV series and is designed in a way that encourages people to replay levels to find new paths through them.

Read more stories about Nintendo Wii U & Star Fox Zero on Siliconera.

im in the minority here, but i think Star Fox Adventures is the best Star Fox game by a mile and I've played them all. that style of game is way more fun for me, the flight missions are boring imo. i wish they'd return to a style more like SFA

Adventures was actually not even a Starfox game originally. It was an aborted project from Rare that wasn't anything like Starfox that they converted into a Starfox project from the N64 to the Gamecube. So, yeah, they're never going to go back to that for the franchise.

I heard there is going to be an Invincible Mode for new players on this. :woot:

Ha both sound quite interesting. Would like to see what people think and how much each is used after release.

Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition Comes With Star Fox Guard And A T-Shirt In UK. March 18, 2016 . 9:30am

In addition to the game itself, the First Print Edition and First Print Edition amiibo Pack come with Star Fox Guard and a Star Fox Zero T-Shirt.

The Nintendo UK store is now accepting pre-orders on a variety of Star Fox Zero bundle options.

In addition to the game itself, the First Print Edition and First Print Edition amiibo Pack come with Star Fox Guard and a Star Fox Zero T-Shirt. The amiibo Pack also contains a Fox No.6 amiibo, Falco No.52 amiibo, a Star Fox Zero Snapback Cap, and costs £79.99. The regular First Print Edition is priced at £49.99.

To see all the bundle options and other items, you can visit the official Nintendo UK store.

Star Fox Zero will release for the Wii U on April 21st in Japan and worldwide on April 22nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"