Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic

10 hours ago
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3 Development Was Attempted And Failed
Developers EA and BioWare's role-playing game, Knights of the Old Republic, had an attempt at a third game but failed. Here is more information on the franchise.Read more

source; GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!
sad. :(

but I wonder if even an Old Republic game could be made nowadays with Disney owning SW and wiping out the EU stuff.

Is Old Republic stuff still even canon anymore?

regardless, I just want a Bioware SW RPG, whether it's set in Old Republic or not.

No the previous Old Republic stuff isn't canon anymore. But many elements of the Legends would be carried over to the new canon, but a new KOTOR game would have to be a reboot. I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. As good as KOTOR 1 & 2 was it was too much like the galaxy we see in the films and present times. I dont expect things to be primitive, but tech and civilizations and cultures in the ancient Republic should have been significantly different in some ways. I think a good way to do that would be to have a KOTOR game set during the Hundred Year Darkness. Make it a Dark Age of sorts. With the Sith splitting from the Jedi. Cultures and civilizations collapsing. The government failing to function. Civil wars. Technologies being forgotten and lost. Superstition taking hold. Violent cults arising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"