Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The live action show is suppose to take place in the time period between Sith and A New Hope and rumored to involve Boba Fett.

Based particularly on the Clone Wars scenes between Anakin and Tarkin, I'd actually like to see this series continue after Order 66 and be a show around the Dark Times, with the adjustment from Republic to Empire with Anakin coming to grips on what he's become.
Read the novel Dark Lord : Rise of Darth Vader and the comic Darth Vader and the Lost Command and you'll see just that. Real depressing stuff actually.

I was kind of thinking when done with The Clone Wars...I love the show but how long can they keep it going......and again originally I would hope for them to recreate/rebrand the show set between ANH and ESB...but I was kinda thinking what about an anthology themed show......they could do a few episode arc adapting/depicting KOTOR...then do an arc focusing on SOTE...and to keep it somewhat associate with CW...include a prologue or voiceover saying 4000 years before the CLone Wars (for say, if they did KOTOR for instance)...

...I'm just thinking theres so much material why try to just focus on one set time...they could even revisit the CW occasionally...

I got to say that this cartoon is showing why Palpatine is one of the greatest bad guys of all time & he is barely in it. The irony of the Jedi thinking they are helping the good guys. When in reality they are making the bad guys job a whole lot easier

Read the novel Dark Lord : Rise of Darth Vader and the comic Darth Vader and the Lost Command and you'll see just that. Real depressing stuff actually.

I read the comic, but I've given up on the novels. As far as EU, the only thing I still really follow is Clone Wars. And given Anakin's characterization on the show, I'd like to see how they would handle Vader.

The live action show is suppose to take place in the time period between Sith and A New Hope and rumored to involve Boba Fett.

Based particularly on the Clone Wars scenes between Anakin and Tarkin, I'd actually like to see this series continue after Order 66 and be a show around the Dark Times, with the adjustment from Republic to Empire with Anakin coming to grips on what he's become.

I wouldn't mind seeing that too.

The thing about watching the PT, the Clone Wars, etc, is you already know the fate of just about everyone (with the exception of Asoka); if a series is based after ROTJ, unless you're into the EU stuff, then what happens to the characters is up in the air....

I read the comic, but I've given up on the novels. As far as EU, the only thing I still really follow is Clone Wars. And given Anakin's characterization on the show, I'd like to see how they would handle Vader.
Dark Lord : The Rise of Darth Vader is very well written. It takes place after Revenge of the Sith actually. It shows Vader as he slowly adapts to what happened to him.

Sucks that we are coming to an end for this series pretty soon :(

Sucks that we are coming to an end for this series pretty soon :(

There is no indication of that and Filloni has already discussed showing more of Order 66 and expanding the show. There is plenty of material . I know they originally planned 5 seasons, but that was before they knew how popular it would be and when they thought the live action show would be airing by 2012.

The show is extremely popular and the live action show is in development hell. This show isn't going to end anytime soon.

There is no indication of that and Filloni has already discussed showing more of Order 66 and expanding the show. There is plenty of material . I know they originally planned 5 seasons, but that was before they knew how popular it would be and when they thought the live action show would be airing by 2012.

The show is extremely popular and the live action show is in development hell. This show isn't going to end anytime soon.

I keep thinking, why not just do the live action show as a toon...

I hope they stick with the five year plan & then for Season 6 change it to a different timeline. However. I would love to have single seasons dedicated to movie versions. Season 6 Episode 1, Season 7 Episode 2, Season 8 episode 3

I hope they stick with the five year plan & then for Season 6 change it to a different timeline. However. I would love to have single seasons dedicated to movie versions. Season 6 Episode 1, Season 7 Episode 2, Season 8 episode 3

I'd have to pass on that.

I'd like to see them go forward. Post-ROTJ would be a dream. Or, as Hellion said, just do the live action series (Post-ROTS/Pre-New Hope) animated, since the live action series is really going nowhere fast.

I keep thinking, why not just do the live action show as a toon...

Same here cause honestly I don't ever see the live action happening. At least not in the next 5 years anyways and its stupid to waste those scripts and story ideas by letting them gather dust.

I'd love to see a live action, but the cartoon allows for a lot grander things due to it all being CGI. Budget would be much more manageable. No stunt team, sets, props, no limitations etc.

I would gladly take more Clone Wars series over a live action show.

Looking forward to see the Clone Wars series seasons that take place after Revenge of the Sith. The people working on this show really seem to understand Star Wars.

I'd like the series to continue past Order 66 & ROTS to see Anakin coming to grips of being Vader, the Empire solidifying power, and hunting down Jedi in hiding. And every now and then check in with Obi-Wan and maybe seeing a young Luke & Leia and possibly a young cadet named Solo.

I agree, this show has been phenomenal and the cgi IMO is the best way to go. Allows them to do just about anything in the realm of SW and the stories being told are great. They have a really good handle on the series and I would love for another 5 years of this show!

A SW series after ROTS would be awesome, as well as filling in gaps in between the trilogies. Actually anything SW done by Lucas, Fioni & Co. has my vote!

Since most of us seem to be in agreement, is there anyway for the fans to get word to Lucasfilm and Filloni about this idea? Id love to do a petition to show support for the CGI show and the idea of showing post ROTS, pre ANH. It could be based on the rebellion forming, the storm troopers that survived the clone wars, the rising empire, and Vader's early days. I know petitions rarely work, but just a thought I had to show support.

Anyone catch the season finale? I thought it was great, Maul & Savage make a pretty nasty duo. It's gonna be awesome to see them take on the Jedi next season, especially Anakin & Obi.

Anyone catch the season finale? I thought it was great, Maul & Savage make a pretty nasty duo. It's gonna be awesome to see them take on the Jedi next season, especially Anakin & Obi.

Whatever is in store for Maul and Savage and Obi and the Jedi will be epic next season :jedi ...

....I love Ventress, and for a second
I thought she wasn't going to make it out of the duel
...but crisis averted can't wait to see whats in store for her
I'm not seeing a lot of time devoted to her next season---for the most part I think they did wrap up her story, maybe an episode or two just to follow up on the new and improved sorta good, still pretty bad, bounty hunter Asajj Ventress...

I love Talzin, but you know she's eventually gonna get hers......quite the pot stirrer she's been for a good chunk of the dark siders...I wonder if Dooku/Savage/Ventress will realize she manipulated them all to a degree.........I'd like to think the writers are planning something for her with her actions this season and last

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"