Star Wars: Clone Wars!! The Emmy Award Winning Animated Series Discussion Thread!!!!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just got this show on dvd and watched it again, it is as good as it was a few years back! I can't wait for the new 3d episodes coming out in the coming months/years....

Clone_wars.jpg

From wikipedia on this show:

Star Wars: Clone Wars is an animated television series set in the Star Wars galaxy. The series chronicles the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic under Chancellor Palpatine, and the Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS) under Count Dooku.
Chronologically, the series takes place during the three-year time period between the films Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, i.e. 22 BBY and 19 BBY. The original television series was produced by Cartoon Network Studios, aired 25 chapters from 2003 to 2005. A 3D CGI version set in the same time period is expected to be produced by Lucasfilm Animation and debut in 2007.

Awards and acclaim
The series won an Emmy award for "Outstanding Animated Program" in 2004. In 2005, it again won an Emmy award in the same category. The series received strongly positive critical reviews, some reviewers believing the show to be better than the first two prequels of the film series.

The Upcoming Season

A continuation of the series has been planned. Lucas said the series might return, but as a 3D animation series. At April 2005's Celebration III, Lucas stated that, "you know we are working on a 3-D continuation of the pilot series that was on the Cartoon Network, we probably won't start that project for another year." Genndy Tartakovsky will not be involved with the production.
At Comic-Con 2005, several announcements were made on the work on the series. As of July 15, 2005, preproduction had begun on the series, according to Steve Sansweet, head of Lucasfilm fan relations. Sansweet referred to the series as "the next generation of the Star Wars saga, a cutting edge 30-minute, 3-D computer-animation series based on the Clone Wars that take place between Episode II ... and Episode III." This will mean after Anakin Skywalker has achieved the rank of Jedi Knight. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Count Dooku, Palpatine and General Grievous are expected to appear. Sansweet described the look of the new series as "a melding of Asian anime with unique 3-D animation styling."
According to another statement by Sansweet, "Over the next several years, Lucasfilm Animation will be hiring a total of about 300 digital artists and others in both California and Singapore locations to produce not only the series, but animated feature films in the years ahead." He said about the series, "to get the series underway, Lucasfilm Animation has hired key production and creative talent to lead the development of its first animation project." Sansweet has said that "a large component of the future of Star Wars and Lucasfilm is digital animation." Gail Currey, the Vice President and General Manager of Lucasfilm Animation, has stated that she felt the early treatments for the series were amazing, and that she couldn't wait to share it with Star Wars fans.
At a press conference for Revenge of the Sith, Frank Oz confirmed that he is involved with the series. Many of the actors from the original series are expected to return.
The series is expected to premiere in 2008.

I loved this show, definately better than the prequels.

As for new seasons, I'll wait till I see some pics but I have a feeling I'd rather them stick with the 2d style.

Kind of lame that they're cutting Tartakovsky out of the new cartoon. It seemed to be primarily his brainchild, and we know from Samurai Jack that the man knows how to make really badass cartoons consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"